[From Psychology forum] General Religion Discussion - Page 8 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 05:57 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undone View Post
I would wholeheartedly recommend a book called "The Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel. Strobel was a life-long atheist who attended Yale Law School and became and investigative reporter for the Chicago Tribune. Then something tragic happened in his life - his wife became a Christian.

Determined to prove to her how wrong she was, and get his life back in order, Strobel used his years of experience as an investigative reporter to build his case by challenging "so called" Biblical experts and theologians on his two year quest.

I was very surprised at what he found. It would be especially interesting to you after reading Dawkins book. I actually bought the audio version and listened to it in my car on the way to and from work. I would love to hear your opinion after reading or listening to it.
Thanks!
I'll check it out... and more than likely pick it up
Old 07-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
So since this thread has obviously taken a turn from where it was intended to go, and in the hopes of preventing a Holy War (or Unholy as the case may be) I have another question. You believe that the purpose of life is to love. What do you believe happens once we die? I mean if we only have an extremely short period of consciousness and then that is all, what is the whole point anyway?
Well, it looks like we have all taken a breather from this subject, so I guess it is as good a time as any to point my views on this out there.

What happens when we die? – Not much really. Our body goes into the ground and our human spirit (that which divides us from animals) departs from our body and goes to God. We are not turned into angels who go to heaven or tortured souls who go to hell, or ghosts who get stuck somewhere in purgatory. There is no consciousness, there is nothing. However all will be resurrected in his own time. All who are “of God” having been converted through repentance and baptism will be instantaneously change to spirit form (see 1 Cor 15:49-52). Others will be resurrected later in human form to face judgement (Rev 20:12-13).

What is the whole point anyway? – Our purpose is to enter into the God Family and rule as kings and priests throughout the universe. Our potential, as humans is to be gods and to rule the innumerable solar systems and planets across the universe.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.” (Heb 2:7-8)

This truly is an astounding opportunity and calling.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23

Last edited by Wizard24; 07-24-2009 at 08:30 PM.