Recipe of the Month: Entries - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Bodybuilding Recipes

Notices

Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Link is eating his greens
Light-Heavyweight

Default Recipe of the Month: Entries

Well this is the first segment of recipe of the month and since its the first, I thought Id make it a easy one...

So since its a staple in most of our diets year round. Chicken has to be within your recipe as the main ingredient. You can have sides but lets try to keep the focus on the actual piece of chicken.

Everyone will get two weeks to get their entries in and depending on how many total entries are in, we will then select the top 3-10 depending on how many we have. And the last two weeks of the month will be used for voting. Everyone will get one vote and top recipe will be featured next month as the recipe of the month!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Well heres to start it off, hopefully there will be more. Its simple very easy to make and tastes great!

1/3cup lemon juice
Cilantro (to taste)
1tbsp garlic
Mrs Dash Chicken Spice
Mrs Dash Extra Spicy Spice
Dash of Olive Oil

Cut the chicken up, then place in baggie with everything else. Just let the chicken breast marinate for a couple hours or over night. This part is important, pre heat your pan before putting in the chicken. Give a spray of pam on, and toss in chicken, cook till done. Serve over a bed of rice.

Macros are pretty much how ever much chicken you want to use. Everything else is very minimal
Old 06-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Food. Where do I start? I usually eat this when I'm watching the baseball coz it reminds me of the bat.
Sushi.

Buy a sushi kit from the supermarket.
In one layer of seaweed wipe a smear of wasabi.
Lay in one cup of rice.
Arrange half a cup of cooked chicken then roll it up till it looks like a bat.
Cut into bite size bits.
You can eat it there and then or take it in plastic for lunch.

This should be around 400 cals. 50 carb 25 protein 25 fat.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ratcat; 06-07-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Light-Heavyweight

^^^ Ahhh very convenient and sounds tasty. I will be making this tomorrow when I pick up some more seaweed!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Well Im going to say this idea officially failed lol, Hmmm maybe leave entries open for a month then vote next month if we even have anymore lol
Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

I have a ton of recipes I've made up... I've documented only a couple of them, and taken pictures of the "end product." I saw your post, I just never got around to posting/sending.

I plan on opening a restaurant some day
Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Boddhisatva is try to get up after falling off the horse yet again!
Rookie

Nothing compares to a whole roasted chicken. They are so much cheaper, and cooking it whole keeps all the juices locked in. The general procedure is to spatch**** (cut out the backbone with kitchen shears and flatten) the chicken, rub down with seasoning, cook with skin on (400 degrees, ~16 min/lb), then take the skin off while you eat (while sometimes sneaking the crispiest pieces).

Rub possibilities are endless, but here is one of my favorites:

Throw all of this in a mortar and pestle and smash the crap out of it. If you don't have one BUY ONE, or just run your knife through all the fresh stuff and mix it in a bowl with everything else.

Couple garlic cloves
fresh thyme
fresh rosemary
salt
pepper
onion powder
your favorite spicy pepper (mines serrano)
extra virgin olive oil

The final consistency should be like a loose paste, get in there and rub under that skin too! It may seem complicated, but I swear it's the easiest thing in the world and nothing impresses like serving a whole roasted bird.
"Come on, Shake off the covers of this sloth," the master said,"for sitting softly cushioned, or tucked in bed, is no way to win fame; and without it man must waste his life away, leaving traces of what he was on earth as smoke in the wind and foam upon the water. Stand up! Dominate this weariness of yours with the strength of soul that wins in every battle if it does not sink beneath the body's weight"
~Dante Alighieri, The Inferno
Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Rookie

Wow, did the board seriously just star out the word c*ck. I find that hilarious that it finds my phallic cooking terms offensive.
"Come on, Shake off the covers of this sloth," the master said,"for sitting softly cushioned, or tucked in bed, is no way to win fame; and without it man must waste his life away, leaving traces of what he was on earth as smoke in the wind and foam upon the water. Stand up! Dominate this weariness of yours with the strength of soul that wins in every battle if it does not sink beneath the body's weight"
Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 AM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

Boddhisatva. I've an event coming up and I'm going to cook that. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcat View Post
Boddhisatva. I've an event coming up and I'm going to cook that. Thanks.
Sweet! I forgot to mention that if the bird is over 4lbs then the cooking time will be a little shorter. The spatchc*cking tops out the cooking time of larger birds. Basically when you get a crisp on the outside and the juices are running clear then you are good to go.