Venom... You're in the well. - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Quote:
What is the biggest obstacle you've ever had to overcome, and what is your most-shining moment?
It is still to come...on both fronts. I have had challenges, and moments, but nothing close to what I will achieve and experience.

Quote:
Was it always a joint interest with you and the prez, or did one of your kinda lead the other into bodybuilding and the scientific route in general?
Jake did. Jake was my "mentor." Now I like to tell him the student has surpassed the teacher hahahah.

Quote:
What else is is important in your life outside of developing and pioneering the sport of bodybuilding?
1. God
2. Family
3. Getting my Phd
3b. Bodybuilding

In that order. That is pretty much it. Maybe it seems limited, but I am literally in lab all day, then I train at night...not much time for anything.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
1. God
2. Family
3. Getting my Phd
3b. Bodybuilding

In that order.
Spot on bro!! So with how much work you are doing in school, at the lab and in the gym what do you do to ensure God remains #1 in your life?
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

What's the coolest gift you've ever received? (birthday, christmas, etc)

What type of music do you prefer for the following situations:

-When you're relaxing
-When your heart has been broken
-When you're excited
-When you're working out
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Quote:
1. God
2. Family
3. Getting my Phd
3b. Bodybuilding
Great post.

I'll tell you what, if those 3 are getting more attention than bodybuilding from you, you must have an extremely happy God, family, and professors, cause the devotion you show here is monumental.

I haven't checked the whole thread, so forgive me if I double up on questions.

Has there been a time, or times, in your life when your staunch adherence to both religion and science have collided?

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 05-22-2009, 08:43 PM

wrote in red...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Great post.

I'll tell you what, if those 3 are getting more attention than bodybuilding from you, you must have an extremely happy God, family, and professors, cause the devotion you show here is monumental.

Wow, I have to say, that means A LOT coming from you. Because I know when you say something you mean it!

I haven't checked the whole thread, so forgive me if I double up on questions.

Has there been a time, or times, in your life when your staunch adherence to both religion and science have collided?

Well, it can be kind of difficult because literally every single person in my field is a staunch evolutionist. So when we talk the discussion is based around this assumption. I don't really feel it is my place to argue with my professors, so I move past it. Most people I deal with are extremely professional, so I have not really encountered any issues.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 PM

again, wrote in red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
What's the coolest gift you've ever received? (birthday, christmas, etc)

Wow, my parents are so awesome, they gave me some incredible christmas and birthdays. Um, in recent memory, they got me a huge plasma TV for my apartment here in Illinois. It ROCKS!

What type of music do you prefer for the following situations:

-When you're relaxing
I put on pandora a lot...just a mix of songs.
-When your heart has been broken
I am the kind of person that internalizes my emotions. Kind of like Jeremy...don't really express them much. So I probably don't list to different music in these states; just take it out on the gym.
-When you're excited
I don't know...my emotions are pretty stable so...
-When you're working out

Mostly rock. The more hard-core for certain workouts.
Spot on bro!! So with how much work you are doing in school, at the lab and in the gym what do you do to ensure God remains #1 in your life?

Again, this is something Jake taught me, and my dad. And that is, because I work all day literally, I can't say I have my religion at home, then at school, then at the gym. You have to involve God in everything. So this is what I do. When I am in class, lab, the gym, I involve God. This includes in my actions, my words, my thoughts, etc. I think that is the key. One take home message I get from the bible is don't just listen to the bible, go to church etc. You actually have to DO what is written in the bible. So that's my approach.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Last edited by Venom; 05-22-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Ben2285 is doing everything possible to progress
Lightweight

Gabe, great answers! I read through and this was quite interesting and entertaining, but this post hit home for me:

Quote:
I've been in school my whole life lol...officially started college in 03, but I actually took a few classes in high school...

I think we discuss this in the "about us tab", but the whole reason I go to school is bodybuilding. I am not a business man, don't really care about possessions or money except to support my bodybuilding...Every single word that comes out of my instructors mouths, I try and relate to our sport...that is all that drives me. I am obsessed with this sport. When I think about getting out, I think to myself, there is no place in the world where I will have a better opportunity to learn about the body and discover new techniques to revolutionize our sport...now one of my main motives is research. Actually testing ideas I have on stuff like protein for optimal muscle growth and fat loss...getting pumped just thinking about it lol! Honestly, I think my main purpose in life is to revolutionize this sport...so that's what drives me.
That is pretty much exactly my story/feelings. I literally horde new information I learn and immediately try to relate and apply it to my training/nutrition.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:32 AM

I could tell when I met u at the ISSN. It's kind of weird cause Layne has the exact same story as me, and we have come to the same conclusions on so many different training methods completely independently based on our own individual research! Like the first time we met, he was doing and saying stuff I was preaching for years. Pretty awesome!

I think people like you, jake, jer, fahs, layne, myself, etc., (dont want to leave anyone out but you get the point) are the next wave for bodybuilding. It seems people like us all share the same vision and motives. Because of this new wave, I think you are going to see some crazy findings in our sport over this next decade. Really, I think this is going to be a new golden age for NATURAL bodybuilding. Showing how to get it done with food, training, and guts!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

Last edited by Venom; 05-23-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:18 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
I could tell when I met u at the ISSN. It's kind of weird cause Layne has the exact same story as me, and we have come to the same conclusions on so many different training methods completely independently based on our own individual research! Like the first time we met, he was doing and saying stuff I was preaching for years. Pretty awesome!

I think people like you, jake, jer, fahs, layne, myself, etc., (dont want to leave anyone out but you get the point) are the next wave for bodybuilding. It seems people like us all share the same vision and motives. Because of this new wave, I think you are going to see some crazy findings in our sport over this next decade. Really, I think this is going to be a new golden age for NATURAL bodybuilding. Showing how to get it done with food, training, and guts!
I would say that greatest thing that has happened to my training is finding this site 8 years ago, most importantly joining the forum back in Nov. I just found it amazing that everyone I crossed paths with believed they were an expert in this area, but what I always wanted to know was where is the scientific proof. I could immediately recognize the passion that ABC had for the sport of natural bb, and its advancement. JHR has become a vital part on how I approach my day to day training. You guys continue to inspire me to work towards my degree in nutritional science. Just want to show my gratitude and I look forward to future advancements.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 05-26-2009, 07:17 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Think Venom in the well has no run its course so i'd like to nominate hardcory!
Closed Thread