Exercise of The Week (Female Only) #8 Discussion - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Default Exercise of The Week (Female Only) #8 Discussion

BABY GOT BACK?

Ok this one was given to me by a powerlifter and was intended for many looking to strengthen lower back for heavier squating, deadlifting etc but i decided the women should get the heads up first for once

To begin the reverse hyperextension exercise, lie face down on the exercise bench with your hips and legs hanging off the bench.

With your legs straight and your arms wrapped around the bench for support, lift your legs up while breathing in. Concentrate on using your lower back, hamstrings, and glutes to lift your legs up. Lift your legs until they are a little higher than bench level.

Hold your legs up a short duration. (One or two seconds is sufficient.)

Carefully bring your legs back down as you breathe out. Congratulations! You’ve just completed one repetition of a reverse hyperextension on an exercise bench.

Repeat steps 1-4 several times. For most exercises, including reverse hyperextensions, the normal range of repetitions for one set is between 6 and 10. As a beginner, I recommend starting out with one set of 6-8 repetitions of the reverse hyperextension exercise to avoid potential injury. Gradually work up to 3-4 sets of 10-12 repetitions as your strength increases. The reverse hyperextension exercise will make a great addition to your weight training routine
Old 05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Toughgal is Toughgal
Stranger

Default I'm new here

I always had a muscular body and I think I was meant to be a man but I'm alright with what I am. Anyone else feel the same way?

Image of my chest/abs: http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...kvjLPd662.jpeg

Here's a video clip of my chest/abs .. I will not show my face (not just yet)... Please tell me if this is wrong to post here and I will remove it.
http://www.bodyvideoz.com/videos/1577/toughgal..latest

Last edited by Toughgal; 05-10-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

looking rock solid .. by going through the video and images i suggest you need not to be anyone else as you are good with what you are .. go great

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:11 AM.