trying to gain weight - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
jgimages should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default trying to gain weight

Hey Guys,
I need some advice...I am trying to gain weight I am drinking a weight gainer supplement shake average serving w milk 900 calories sometimes 3 times a day. I try to eat oatmeal/waffles/pancakes/eggs for breakfast..peanut butter/jelly sandwich between snacks...chicken breast for lunch and dinner....alot of calories etc.....but I don't see alot of weight gain...I am developing muscle but not gaining weight....any suggestions
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Carbs at every meal, carbs before bed... make sure that everything you're ingesting is QUALITY food.

I don't have your problem (I wish I did!), but I would think it's hard to eat that much food, and you would get full very quickly... so make sure that everything you're eating is quality, slow-burning carbs and high protein and fat. Fat is very easy to consume lots of calories because it has more than twice as many calories per gram. Eat nuts, peanut butter, safflower oil, etc. Peanut butter sandwiches on whole wheat bread are excellent calorie-packed snacks.

Tthat's about the extent of my knowledge on weight-gain... I wish I had your problem man, I'm definitely envious.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Stranger

Default i am trying...

your absolutely right.....i am trying to continue to eat but find myself so full that i want to puke..lol The doc says i have a fast metabolism but i have been at 160 at my heaviest......plus i am a picky eater.....any other suggestions
Old 04-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgimages View Post
Hey Guys,
I need some advice...I am trying to gain weight I am drinking a weight gainer supplement shake average serving w milk 900 calories sometimes 3 times a day. I try to eat oatmeal/waffles/pancakes/eggs for breakfast..peanut butter/jelly sandwich between snacks...chicken breast for lunch and dinner....alot of calories etc.....but I don't see alot of weight gain...I am developing muscle but not gaining weight....any suggestions
Iím not sure I see your problem here. If you are developing muscle, but not gaining weight then you must be losing fat, or am I missing something? You can only lose so much fat, and once you get to that point as long as you are still developing muscle you will gain the weight you are looking for. For now enjoy the muscle gain.
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 04-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Hartmann should change his/her status!
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgimages View Post
Hey Guys,
My first question would be: How old are you?

-Hartmann
Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Stranger

41 years old 137lbs......would like to get 155lbs
Old 04-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Quote:
Iím not sure I see your problem here. If you are developing muscle, but not gaining weight then you must be losing fat, or am I missing something? You can only lose so much fat, and once you get to that point as long as you are still developing muscle you will gain the weight you are looking for. For now enjoy the muscle gain.
I completely agree with this.

Weight gain is so overrated. No doubt you will need to gain weight eventually, but if you just try and force your body to gain weight, a lot of that is going to be fat. IMO, the best way to determine whether your program is effective for muscle growth is performance in the weight room and the mirror. If you increase your squat by 40 lbs, you WILL gain muscle. If you gain 15 lbs in a month you WILL gain FAT. See the difference?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:08 AM
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I completely agree with this.

Weight gain is so overrated. No doubt you will need to gain weight eventually, but if you just try and force your body to gain weight, a lot of that is going to be fat. IMO, the best way to determine whether your program is effective for muscle growth is performance in the weight room and the mirror. If you increase your squat by 40 lbs, you WILL gain muscle. If you gain 15 lbs in a month you WILL gain FAT. See the difference?
i agree with this also.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM
eclipse23 is !!!!!!!!
Lightweight

I am with these guys, if you are seeing difference in the mirror who cares what the sclae says. The most successful bulk doesn't show on the scale on a day to day or week to week basis. Most noticable weigh gain during that short amount of time will be fat. Be patient.