Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
No wife, no kids, no financial tie downs... what would you be doing right now?
First, I should note that I took the career-oriented approach to this question because otherwise the possible answer was huge, especially without financial tie downs. Just a few things I would do other than career, would be to to explore my heritage in Ireland (of course, I would have to first study my ancestory here in the States) and go on long backpacking trips/bed & breakfast across Mediterranean Europe to visit cultural and historical sights.

Quote:
OK, follow up question. What about your current life prevents you from pursuing those goals?
Running for political office - kids mostly, wife to an extent

I don't want to subject my kids or my wife at this point to me being away from them for the time it would take to be a politician. The politicians I have talked to have said it is very hard on your family. Also, when people disagree with me, which will inevitably happen, I want my children to be old enough to understand what I stand for, why I stand for it and to have their own thoughts on the subject so they aren't negatively impacted by my career.

Managing a Gym - finances mostly, me to an extent

I would want to have my own gym, not manage someone elses. So obviously, the money needed for start up would be vast. I also want to continue to educate myself in the field of fitness, I have no desire to come off like a jerk by passing along "help" or "information" that is neither helpful or informative.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-31-2009, 05:09 AM
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight

who are your inspirations and why?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 AM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

Say you did have the money to start your own gym.........What would you call it?

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 03-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
who are your inspirations and why?
At my church, there are two volunteers who lead worship, one with pre-schoolers and another with elementary kids. They inspired me to break out of my shell and bring the love of God to these the kids through song and dance. Thanks to initial inspiration of those two folks, I am filled up with positive emotions each week as I lead worship.

In life, my wife, kids and Pastor are all inspirational. They simply bring out the best in me and are able lift my spirits.

On this website, MaverickBU. His honest posts almost always generate an intellectual or emotional response in me.

In pursuit of my passion, the Founding Fathers. Their intelligence and devotion to the cause of liberty was awesome.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 03-31-2009, 01:51 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
On this website, MaverickBU. His honest posts almost always generate an intellectual or emotional response in me.
What a terrific compliment, thank you very much. And by the way, it works both ways.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 03-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
Say you did have the money to start your own gym.........What would you call it?
Hmmmm, my gym in the basement I jokingly refer to as "Gym de Tim" There is absolutely no rhyme or reason for this. Just something I started calling it.
De is used in Spanish to indicate possession. Of course, if we are being picky, gym isn't "gym" in Spanish, it's gimnasio so my gym's name would fall apart.

Wait a second, (Lightbulbs going off inside head) I just remembered, my name in Spanish is Timoteo. "Gimnasio de Timoteo" sounds a little cooler. But I digress, the question was if I started a gym.

I really don't know. I'm sorry fightback, first question I haven't answered.
I just have never really thought about it since that event would be so far in the future.

Of course, I never thought about having to give a title to my hypothetical biography....that had me racking my brain for almost a full day! I was consumed and could think of nothing else....Thanks HardCory

(I think everyone should be asked the book question, btw)

Quote:
What a terrific compliment, thank you very much. And by the way, it works both ways.
And thank you very much.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Not true, I wouldn't expect you to understand. I don't say that in a condescending way either. But being a Christian allows me to completely forgive someone else. Christ forgave my sins completely and I didn't deserve it, who am I to withhold forgiveness to others? Therefore, when a sin is completely forgiven, there is not need to hold back trust after that. We move on.
Commander, I have to commend you on your ability and willingness to forgive. As a Christian I know all too well that all sins are committed against God and Jesus for they are the ones who sacrificed for our sins to be forgiven. I pray to God daily to keep in my mind that as such no one can sin against me and to help me not to feel anger or hatred towards anyone because of something they might do to slight me. However if I had gone through your situation I find it hard to believe that I could have handled it as well as you have. Truly inspiring!
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
Commander, I have to commend you on your ability and willingness to forgive. As a Christian I know all too well that all sins are committed against God and Jesus for they are the ones who sacrificed for our sins to be forgiven. I pray to God daily to keep in my mind that as such no one can sin against me and to help me not to feel anger or hatred towards anyone because of something they might do to slight me. However if I had gone through your situation I find it hard to believe that I could have handled it as well as you have. Truly inspiring!
Thanks Wizard, those are truly kind words.

Closed Thread