Commander, You're In The Well - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-26-2009, 08:07 PM
maverickBU maverickBU is offline
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,075
Default Commander, You're In The Well

OK Commander... I'll leave the opener open-ended:

What's one question we could ask you from which we would get a very unexpected response from you? And what would that response be?
__________________
Check me out: http://twitter.com/tonylukasavage

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
  #2  
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
HardCory's Avatar
HardCory HardCory is offline
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 5,164
Default

In your opinion, what ingredients make up a strong and lasting marriage?
  #3  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:19 AM
niggles niggles is offline
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pullup Bars!
Posts: 1,524
Default

whats you best body part and what do you owe it too?

what is you best accomplishment? (excluding your family which is probably already a taken )
  #4  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
OK Commander... I'll leave the opener open-ended:

What's one question we could ask you from which we would get a very unexpected response from you? And what would that response be?
Question:
Is your 8 year old child actually yours?

Response:
I don't know. You see, my wife and I met in college (University of Pittsburgh) in 1998. We started dating September 18, 1998. Things were going well, until my wife (obviously, she was just my girlfriend at the time) went to a summer camp as a counselor. There she met someone else, actually 2 someone elses (is that proper grammar "elses"). The 1 she actually liked and the other was more of a fling for her. She breaks up with me during that summer and eventually summer is over and fall semester starts 1999. The 1 guy she actually liked is from England, the "fling" guy lived in North Carolina. Early in the fall semester my wife and I are coping as friends and I am finally coming to terms with the break up. One day, she decides on a whim to drive to North Carolina to see her "fling" from camp. Shortly thereafter (literally a few days), she realizes that she actually cares for me and we end up back together. Unfortunately, I wasn't a Christian at the time and my wife and I had sex even though we weren't married. However, she just had sex with the North Carolina guy a few days prior. My 8 year old was conceived at this time. My wife and I were actually convinced for awhile duing the pregnancy that it was not mine as we tried to exactly pinpoint the time of conception. It didn't matter to me, I was going to be there for her to help her raise this boy. She did notify the North Carolina guy because he deserved to know since we thought the baby was his. He NEVER returned the call. At the time, DNA tests were expensive and we could not afford to have one. At this point it doesn't matter, the other man showed no interest and I have loved this child since day 1. He is my son. As the years have gone by, God has blessed us and he has attributes that definitely seem to have come from me.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
  #5  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Question:
Is your 8 year old child actually yours?

Response:
I don't know. You see, my wife and I met in college (University of Pittsburgh) in 1998. We started dating September 18, 1998. Things were going well, until my wife (obviously, she was just my girlfriend at the time) went to a summer camp as a counselor. There she met someone else, actually 2 someone elses (is that proper grammar "elses"). The 1 she actually liked and the other was more of a fling for her. She breaks up with me during that summer and eventually summer is over and fall semester starts 1999. The 1 guy she actually liked is from England, the "fling" guy lived in North Carolina. Early in the fall semester my wife and I are coping as friends and I am finally coming to terms with the break up. One day, she decides on a whim to drive to North Carolina to see her "fling" from camp. Shortly thereafter (literally a few days), she realizes that she actually cares for me and we end up back together. Unfortunately, I wasn't a Christian at the time and my wife and I had sex even though we weren't married. However, she just had sex with the North Carolina guy a few days prior. My 8 year old was conceived at this time. My wife and I were actually convinced for awhile duing the pregnancy that it was not mine as we tried to exactly pinpoint the time of conception. It didn't matter to me, I was going to be there for her to help her raise this boy. She did notify the North Carolina guy because he deserved to know since we thought the baby was his. He NEVER returned the call. At the time, DNA tests were expensive and we could not afford to have one. At this point it doesn't matter, the other man showed no interest and I have loved this child since day 1. He is my son. As the years have gone by, God has blessed us and he has attributes that definitely seem to have come from me.
sounds like a tricky situation that you have handled well, my last gf and her brother had different fathers and they always said to me blood only makes a father its the things you do from birth that determines who is their dad
  #6  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
In your opinion, what ingredients make up a strong and lasting marriage?
Trust, Forgiveness, Humility (this really helps arguments to be solved respectfully) and The ability to laugh together

Colossians 3:14
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
  #7  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
sounds like a tricky situation that you have handled well, my last gf and her brother had different fathers and they always said to me blood only makes a father its the things you do from birth that determines who is their dad
Exactly, thanks klosey.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
  #8  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
rootb33r's Avatar
rootb33r rootb33r is offline
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,287
Default

Was there a single event that made you "become a Christian?" You referenced a transitional period in your story. I am honestly curious because I am not a religious person... in fact I'm a little bitter. I was dating this girl and we were crazy about each other, and she finally admitted that because I didn't have a relationship with the big man upstairs it would never work between us. I think that's a bit ridiculous. Sorry for the aside, just had to rant.

What's your favorite movie? or top 3 or 5 or whatever?

Favorite food (last meal scenario)?

Favorite sport?

Favorite website other than ABC to browse/frequent?
__________________
rootb33r's Journal
  #9  
Old 03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
whats you best body part and what do you owe it too?
Can I name a couple bodyparts? Nothing really stands out.

Calves - I attribute this to good genetics (I don't even train them now except for jump rope) and wanting to be Michael Jordan from about 1990 to 1999. I spent those 9 years of my life (age 11 to 20) trying to jump higher and higher which likely helped my calve development.



Back - hard work, for years back was my favorite workout to do. My pictures don't do it full justice, but when I see my back in the mirror I think it is pretty defined with a decent build to it.

Best bodypart prediction for the future - Quads - why? Smolov. My quads have definitely grown and I know I will run this program again in the future thus translating to even bigger quads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggles View Post
what is you best accomplishment? (excluding your family which is probably already a taken )
Physically - I was involved in an intramural basketball in college (probably 1999). I had dunked several times goofing around with buddies, but never in a game. Well, I finally had my chance, ball gets tipped down court, and I got a jump on it and no one was around me (if there was a defender even close I would NEVER have been able to do it!) so I was able to approach the hoop just right (good angle, good speed) and I went up in the air......and DUNKED it during a game! It was an awesome rush! My adrenaline was jacked up for probably 30 minutes after that, I couldn't contain myself.

Life - Keeping my marriage intact (although God gets most of the credit for this!)

God was my source of strength through all of the trials I am about to describe. You guys already read how life with my first child started. Well, since I was 8 years old (back in 1987), I had been addicted to pornography. My wife knew that I looked at pornography in college but she didn't let it bother her because it was college and she wanted to be a "cool" girlfriend (man I wish we knew better). What she didn't know, was that I continued to look at it (she never knew it was an addiction) even after we were married. My addiction continued after I had given my life to Christ in September of 2002 and I last looked at pornography in March 2005.

To make matters worse, my wife cheated on me with the guy she had met in the summer camp in 1999, the one from England. First time, she flew to England to "visit" her friends (she has several English friends from that summer camp), what I didn't realize at the time was that she was mostly going to see the one guy. This occured in about 2003. It eventually came out, and we talked it over and I forgave her. In November of 2006 (I think, the dates don't really matter), my wife went to see a friend in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. What I didn't know was that her English friend was in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the same time. She went on a side trip to Philadelphia and cheated on me again.

In spite of the cheating and pornography, my wife and I have made our marriage work. I still trust my wife, was it broken temporarily? Yes, but I trust her again and she trusts me. We forgave each other for the horrible things we did to each other. Marriage seems to be treated so lightly in today's society, we had EVERY excuse to end our marriage and be selfish. But we love each other and made vows to each other before God and we are honoring those vows.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
  #10  
Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 PM
ryancostill ryancostill is offline
ryancostill should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,886
Default

What training (or competition) record of yours are you most proud of?
__________________
The virtue of all achievement is victory over oneself. Those who know this can never know defeat.

http://www.london2012.com/NR/rdonlyr...ghtlifting.jpg

Creatine: A literature review

Creatine: Practical Applications

International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sport
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.