Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
What in terms of bodybuilding is more important to yourself?
Conditioning or mass
Depends on the season. I'm never getting on a stage so the weather dictates my focus (along with injuries or other hobbies I might have at the time). Mass in the cold months, conditioning in the warm ones. Not just cause the shirt comes off in the summer, but also because I do pretty much all my conditioning exercises outdoors. Sprints, long distance runs, tire sledging, I even bring my KBs outside if the weather is nice.

Obviously, neither gets ignored during its "off" seasons. Just last night I drastically reduced rest time during my typical strength based workout just to give my endurance a jolt. And even when I'm doing lots of conditioning work, moving more weight is always the focus in my strength workouts.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 03-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Fedor, no question. In the world of MMA, 99% of people formulate their opinions based on "what have you done for me lately". No other active contender for P4P best comes even close to the list of former-champions and #1 contenders that he has laid to waste... dominantly. Just take a look at his wikipedia page to get a reminder.

Second is tough, but I would have to say Andersen Silva, only because GSP has had very little success staying at the top. Likely because the WW division is way more stacked than the middleweights, but the wins count. I think Silva is going on 8 straight now and can break the UFC record if he wins over Leites.

He's the best now, which in my opinion makes him the best in history as the sport has evolved so much in the past years. I'm of the opnion that most mid to upper level welterweights now would kick 1993 Royce Gracie's *** because of how much cross-training and training in general has grown.

Last edited by maverickBU; 03-26-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, I do like going on hikes and long walks. There's a park we go to with our dog, I think it's called Sewickley Heights park, where you can take trails and off-the-beaten path hikes with your dogs off a leash. It's a lot of fun. My dog goes nuts for it. When you approach the park in a car, the roadway starts to get shadowed by overhanging trees. Soon as my dog notices this, he starts whining and jumping around in the back seat because he can't wait to get there.
Awesome, my dog is the same way, goes completely bonkers when he realizes were going hiking.

Quote:
Squat - 225x25
Brutal, will that involve any puking?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Brutal, will that involve any puking?
Hopefully not. I did 205x20 last week, so I'm confident I can get this one soon. I think I've done as high as 225x23 in the past. Just trying to work back to my old numbers.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Heavyweight

Alright kids, its been fun, but it's someone else's turn in the hot seat. Commander, you're up.

Closed Thread