MaverickBU, You're In The Well - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

How did you come to your current diet, i.e. Off the Beaten Path..., in light of your influence from Berardi?

Nice grammar pictures, btw!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 PM
ryancostill should change his/her status!
Super-Heavyweight

Ha ha! Nice pictures. I am definitely a grammar nazi. Apologies.

http://www.london2012.com/NR/rdonlyr...ghtlifting.jpg

Creatine: A literature review

Creatine: Practical Applications

International Symposium of Biomechanics in Sport
Old 03-24-2009, 09:09 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Great thoughtful answers thus far!

Do you play any sports? If so, do you mold your training to assist you in your sport(s) in any way?

Favorite food (anything)?

P.S. I hear you with your back issue, man. I have a torn disc and it affects me EVERY single day. Ironically I can lift as much weight as I want... but sitting? Forget it- can't sit for an extended period of time.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:36 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
How did you come to your current diet, i.e. Off the Beaten Path..., in light of your influence from Berardi?

Nice grammar pictures, btw!
Good question. I've actually adjusted my diet since then. Basically, I've further reduced the fast time to somewhere between 10AM til noon. Sometimes I don't wait that long. The only rule of Berardi's that I don't follow is the meal frequency. Other than that, I follow pretty much all his other "rules":

Quote:
Originally Posted by john berardi
1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.

2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.

3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.

4. Ensure that your carbohydrate intake comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.

5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g., olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil).

6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.

7. Eat mostly whole foods (except workout and post-workout drinks).
1. The main reason for this is that I have gotten a sensitive stomach over the years, and I feel MUCH better when I have a time period with no food to regulate myself. Also convenience and price are a factor. Its just one of those "what works best for you" rules. It also goes along with the balance of personal life and training question from before.

5. Sometimes my fat percentage is even higher

6. i drink milk and diet coke too

2,3,4, and 7 i follow perfectly. IN fact, I haven't even used a protein powder in 2 or 3 months.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
Great thoughtful answers thus far!

Do you play any sports? If so, do you mold your training to assist you in your sport(s) in any way?
I was into MMA for a while but couldn't continue because of my back. At that time, though, my weight training was 1-2 full body workouts a week at moderated intensity and LOTS of various endurance type workouts, stuff similar to crossfit, except less haphazard in terms of progression. Those workouts were very short and very frequent. As little as 5 minutes long and as many as a dozen a week.

Quote:
Favorite food (anything)?
medium New York strip steak, no question. Glass of Jack Daniel's neat for dessert.

Quote:
P.S. I hear you with your back issue, man. I have a torn disc and it affects me EVERY single day. Ironically I can lift as much weight as I want... but sitting? Forget it- can't sit for an extended period of time.
I can do certain weight lifting as hard as I want, but I've had to completely eliminate certain exercises. No more overhead pressing at all, and as I mentioned with MMA, I can no longer do any grappling because if someone yanks my neck or applies a choke to harshly (which is going to happen) I end up on painkillers for the better part of a week. I'm slowly learning to manage it and make gains despite it. I'm slowly approaching all my old PR's from, jeez, like 3 years ago.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancostill View Post
Ha ha! Nice pictures. I am definitely a grammar nazi. Apologies.
for someone who is a grammar nazi there are plenty of sentence fragments in this statement. just giving ya a hard time. lol

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Who in your opinion is the best pound for pound fighter in MMA today?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:48 PM
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight

what is your best body part and what exercise/s do you think got it that way?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:09 AM
BigBadRick is The Incredible Hulk
Bantamweight

What were the most common mistakes that you made when you first started training? Diet or whatever?

If different from above, what are some common mistakes that you think or see people just getting into bodybuilding make? Diet, workout, or whatever...?
Old 03-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Who in your opinion is the best pound for pound fighter in MMA today?
Fedor, no question. In the world of MMA, 99% of people formulate their opinions based on "what have you done for me lately". No other active contender for P4P best comes even close to the list of former-champions and #1 contenders that he has laid to waste... dominantly. Just take a look at his wikipedia page to get a reminder.

Second is tough, but I would have to say Andersen Silva, only because GSP has had very little success staying at the top. Likely because the WW division is way more stacked than the middleweights, but the wins count. I think Silva is going on 8 straight now and can break the UFC record if he wins over Leites.

Closed Thread