I hate my body after baby and 60+ pounds in 4 years - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Female Specific Athletic Forum

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

not personally, got my mother into working out 2 year ago and she's down from a size 20 to a 12 at moment and hers is going.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:42 PM
joneser3eb is adding weight to the bar
Steel-Heavyweight

you can def get rid of it. it will take some work, my sis has two kids and i helped her with her diet and exercise and hers was all but gone.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

partially depends on how much the skin was stretched during the pregnancy, but hard work and a good diet will get rid of the vast majority of you "mother's apron"

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 AM
JclarissaT is a fluffy mommy
Stranger

I barely have one, but it is much too much for me
I only gained about 10 lbs. from my pregnancy, but I gained an awful amount of my weight after the baby because I was inactive and basically became a hermit. (I think I had and still have some PPD)

I have always had a flat stomach even as I gained weight. I carry most of my weight in my backside and thighs.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

then time for you to start being active again even 10 mins after child is asleep is a good start, Setting up a journal would help to as it would keep a log (that cant be lost) aswell as give others chance to give feedback, suggestions etc
Old 03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
REA_Greece should change his/her status!
Stranger

You are lucky: you have Sami, and this is something beautiful.
Pregnancy and maternity are sometimes reasons that a woman can have additional weight. But I can warranty that there are thousand of other reasons that probably could lead to gain more weigh. If you look around you will see a lot of girls, young ladies or women that are overweight. And most likely they do not have a child: They gain weight just because they give up, they locked their bodies and minds into the house. If you discuss with those ladies one of the best enjoyment is eating: tasty, delicious pizza, chocolates etc…

Please think: Sometimes pregnancy and maternity can be a good reason for starting healthy hobbies: Healthy food, daily walks to the park, where you can meet other people and start having public relations.

What you should do is to wake up and save your self! I strongly believe that because of the hormonal storm pregnancy brought you into a kind of distress. And this is the reason you feel that every effort will be just a loss or that everywhere only difficulties exist. . This is the reason I will suggest “get out of the house “.
Sometimes alone other times with your baby.
Arrange with your husband what hours he will be available for baby-sitting. If he is too busy, and he can not offer some hours, lets discuss for taking a young baby sitter. I hope he can pay money if can not pay time for his family J
And spend those free hours out of door: go to gym, go to the park and run.

Put healthy food as first priority: not only for you but also for your Sami.

I can guaranty, within 2 months you will get the first rewards.

Last edited by REA_Greece; 03-14-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:27 AM
Stranger

Thanks for the responses.

REA Greece: You are right about getting out of the house... I always seem to come up with an excuse though

Today I played some basketball with my husband and my brother and I felt so good afterwards! I have some soreness, but its the good kind!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JclarissaT View Post
Thanks for the responses.

REA Greece: You are right about getting out of the house... I always seem to come up with an excuse though

Today I played some basketball with my husband and my brother and I felt so good afterwards! I have some soreness, but its the good kind!
another positive from exercise is it releases endorphines, so you want to exercise to lose weight to be happier but by exercising you feel happy due to endorphine release, win win basically
Old 03-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Stranger

Hi,

I went to watch some of my high school and college basketball team mates play in a scrimmage the other day and I was so mad that I wasn't in shape enough to play. I was kinda embarrassed that I had gained so much weight.

So I have been getting in some cardio. This morning, I went for a 45 min walk with Jr. and Jogged about 1/2 a mile

I had oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast and for lunch, brown/wild rice with broccoli and spinach, chicken breast and I unsuccessfully attempted to eat a sweet potato that was overcooked in the microwave.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 AM
niggles is pumped!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JclarissaT View Post
Hi,

I went to watch some of my high school and college basketball team mates play in a scrimmage the other day and I was so mad that I wasn't in shape enough to play. I was kinda embarrassed that I had gained so much weight.

So I have been getting in some cardio. This morning, I went for a 45 min walk with Jr. and Jogged about 1/2 a mile

I had oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast and for lunch, brown/wild rice with broccoli and spinach, chicken breast and I unsuccessfully attempted to eat a sweet potato that was overcooked in the microwave.
good job on starting. at least you are making an effort and getting into shape. dont worry, you will be out there playing basketball in no time! just stay dedicated and focused.