Hurt my back doing D/L .... please help. - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Injury Analysis

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 08:32 PM
dtg should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Hurt my back doing D/L .... please help.

Started my normal back routine today with 3 sets chinups, then 3 sets seated rows and was going to finish off with 3 sets of DLs. On the 5th rep, on the way down I lost the arch in my back (lost focus) and at that point I felt an extreme pain. I dropped the weigh and semi stood up then had to sit down. I tried to bend over but couldn't. Any advice?
Working hard to get back in shape

Last edited by dtg; 04-13-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM
FSUpower should change his/her status!

Begin doing these things until the problem goes away or you receive better information.

Get ice on it. Stay on NSAIDs. Get an x-ray/mri to make sure you didn't do any damge to spine/discs/etc. If no serious damage then begin light stretching and potential chiropractor/massage therapy sessions. Rest. Rest. Rest.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

What I do when my back gets sore is squats. Not to heavy but with perfect form. Fixes me in no time.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
dtg should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratcat View Post
What I do when my back gets sore is squats. Not to heavy but with perfect form. Fixes me in no time.
It's not sore, it's injured.

It's a little better now... at least I can walk but bending over or sitting down or even putting any sort of weight on it really hurts. Even my legs hurt a little. I think I'll need to see a doctor for this because I'm concerned that my right leg is a little tingly so I'm thinking perhaps a pinched nerve.
Working hard to get back in shape
Old 04-15-2011, 02:51 PM
arian11 is 500 deadlift achieved, time for a 500 squat!
Light-Heavyweight

See a doctor. And move your deadlifts to the 1st exercise when you have the most strength and focus.

"Technique is always the first place to begin when striving to improve at a specific skill."
My YouTube Page
Old 05-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Altezza should change his/her status!

Sounds like a misalignment of lumbar vertebra.

Any chiropractor will be able to fix that misalignment and stop the tingling sensation in your leg. However, something most people don't think about is that your injury came from a predisposed condition, most likely weak glute muscle (a guess at this point w/o looking at ya).
I'd recommend seeing a Chiropractor specializing in sports medicine.
He/she will not only fix your lower back condition, but also identify your predisposing condition (ie. weak muscle) and prevent such injury from occuring again.
(which could also raise your DL/squat weight)
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
ecko31s is officially in full beast mode again
Bantamweight

Sounds like you sciatica. Sciatica occurs when there is pressure or damage to the sciatic nerve. This nerve starts in the lower spine and runs down the back of each leg. This nerve controls the muscles of the back of the knee and lower leg and provides sensation to the back of the thigh, part of the lower leg, and the sole of the foot. I suffered through this for three years and took muscle relaxers along with pain killers which only masked the pain. Eventually I stopped taking the medication because of the side effects that can come from taken them and built a tolerance for pain. I reinjured my back again while doing barbell rows and could barely get out of bed without pain. This time I went straight to the chiropractor and got an X-ray done. After going to physical therapy for a few weeks getting spinal adjustments, what do ya know the pain is gone and my back feels great with no pain at all. I wish I would have went years ago. I tell you what, I'm never doing bent over barbell rows, deadlifts, or stiff legged dead lifts again, because the injuries and pain that come along with them are not worth the risk to me any longer. I find alternate exercises to do that are less likely to cause me to re-injure my back.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 PM
EdwardFrank should change his/her status!
Stranger

I have stress fracture in my back recently now it is better but when i do hard training it's start paining
Old 04-22-2012, 02:57 PM
willie2 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Listen to FSUpower...icing keeps the swelling down....also with the problems u've stated it sounds like an injury not just some general soreness....a visit to the doctor will keep u from further injury...if its a torn muscle lots of rest will be required if u've herniated a disc then u have problems....best of luck