Train Hard, Recover Harder - Page 4 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Scientist Department > Article Review and Discussion

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 04:59 AM
taylorryan is pissed off...
Bantamweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillesreborn View Post
So almost like a form of HD?
Yeah, it actually is an old HD of mike mentzer. I like his old stuff, thats when i think (at least for me)his stuff was golden.

I like the one set principle, i just have a hard time gaining from it like i want to. (i gain from it, i just gain faster doing two sets).
Old 03-23-2009, 12:55 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

my 2 cents...overtraining is very real in my opinion...i agree it doesn't happen very often with resistance training, but it certainly CAN happen...the point about bulgarian weightlifters working out for 6 hours a day...honestly they are probably not even completing 1 minute of actual work that entire 6 hours, most of it is rest...the you can't overtrain, you can undereat...not true either, especially with aerobic exercise...a lot of those guys are taking in tons of calories, but can still be overtrained...overtraining is simply "a decrease in performance" without adequate rest by manipulating sets/reps/weight...you can run the risk of overtraining regardless of the amount of food you eat. does it happen very often with resistance training, no, can it...yes...good discussion so far

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
my 2 cents...overtraining is very real in my opinion...i agree it doesn't happen very often with resistance training, but it certainly CAN happen...the point about bulgarian weightlifters working out for 6 hours a day...honestly they are probably not even completing 1 minute of actual work that entire 6 hours, most of it is rest...the you can't overtrain, you can undereat...not true either, especially with aerobic exercise...a lot of those guys are taking in tons of calories, but can still be overtrained...overtraining is simply "a decrease in performance" without adequate rest by manipulating sets/reps/weight...you can run the risk of overtraining regardless of the amount of food you eat. does it happen very often with resistance training, no, can it...yes...good discussion so far
while i agree it can happen yes but with how the bodybuilding 'guru's of the world talk about overtraining at the moment i'd be happier with 1% actually overtraining and not knowing that 80% undertraining because they were told its overtraining
Old 03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
while i agree it can happen yes but with how the bodybuilding 'guru's of the world talk about overtraining at the moment i'd be happier with 1% actually overtraining and not knowing that 80% undertraining because they were told its overtraining
agree with that point 100%...because most guru's don't understand what overtraining is

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 03-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Achillesreborn is using his HIT Jedi mind tricks
HIT Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post

Absolutely agree
Old 03-25-2009, 05:11 AM
taylorryan is pissed off...
Bantamweight

What do you guys think? How much does your cardio help you to recover, in your opinion?

I just thought that it is interesting. I notice not much recovery difference with regular cardio, but if i swim... Whole other story, nah mean?!? I am ready after that!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:20 AM
klosey is 51 visitors online right now ! Let's get that number higher!!
Super Moderator

depends on the cardio, cardio still uses the muscle but in a non destructive manor so its still pulling in nutrients