Ratcat is lifting heavy in less time.
Light-Heavyweight

A nice one friend. Thankyou.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 AM
angiebsassy is motivated.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post

To tune in to God’s voice we must tune out this world’s noise.
THIS is awesome.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:23 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default May 6

May 6, 2009

At Just The Right Time

READ: Galatians 4:1-7

When the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son. —Galatians 4:4

Why is being on time so challenging for some of us? Even when we start early, something inevitably gets in our way to make us late.

But here’s the good news: God is always on time! Speaking of the arrival of Jesus, Paul said, “When the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son” (Gal. 4:4). The long-awaited, promised Savior came at just the right time.

Jesus’ arrival during the Roman Empire’s Pax Romana (the peace of Rome) was perfect timing. The known world was united by one language of commerce. A network of global trade routes provided open access to the whole world. All of this guaranteed that the gospel could move rapidly in one tongue. No visas. No impenetrable borders. Only unhindered access to help spread the news of the Savior whose crucifixion fulfilled the prophecy of the Lamb who would be slain for our sins (Isa. 53). All in God’s perfect timing!

All of this should remind us that the Lord knows what time is best for us as well. If you’re waiting for answered prayer or the fulfillment of one of His promises, don’t give up. If you think He has forgotten you, think again. When the fullness of time is right for you, He’ll show up—and you’ll be amazed by His brilliant timing! — Joe Stowell

Not ours to know the reason why
Unanswered is our prayer,
But ours to wait for God’s own time
To lift the cross we bear. —Anon.

God’s timing is always perfect.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

Default May 7

May 7, 2009

The Difference Prayer Makes

READ: Revelation 8:1-5

The smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God. —Revelation 8:4

Does prayer have any real impact on our world? Or is it merely a private conversation with God?

When a New Jersey couple learned that a man had been released from prison and had moved into their area, they started praying for him. Then they paid him a visit and opened their home to a weekly breakfast for ex-offenders like him. Now, 22 years later, the area’s most despised men have one place to go where they are welcomed and treated respectfully.

What would happen if we followed literally Jesus’ command to love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us? What if we became known for approaching heaven on behalf of outcasts and disagreeable people?

In a scene recorded in the book of Revelation, the apostle John foresees a direct linkage between the visible and invisible worlds. At a climactic moment in history, heaven is quiet. Seven angels stand with seven trumpets, waiting. Silence reigns, as if all heaven is listening on tiptoe. Then an angel collects the prayers of God’s people on earth—all the accumulated prayers of praise, lament, abandonment, despair, petition—mixes them with incense, and presents them before the throne of God (8:1-4). The silence finally breaks when the fragrant prayers are hurled down to earth: setting off a storm of “thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake” (v.5).

The message is clear. The prayers are essential agents in the final victory over evil, suffering, and death. — Philip Yancey

God’s work is done by those who pray.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 05-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default May 8

May 8, 2009

In Every Bad Experience

READ: 2 Kings 5:1-15

Now I know that there is no God in all the earth, except in Israel. —2 Kings 5:15

When I rear-ended a truck with my nearly new car, positive thoughts did not immediately come to mind. I was thinking primarily of the cost, the inconvenience, and the injury to my ego. But I did find some hope in this thought, which I often share with other writers: “In every bad experience, there’s a good illustration.”

Finding the good can be a challenge, but Scripture confirms that God uses bad circumstances for good purposes.

In 2 Kings 5, we find two people who had bad things happen to them. First is a young girl from Israel who was taken captive by the Syrian army. Second is Naaman, the commander of the army, who had leprosy. Even though the girl had good reason to desire bad things for her captors, she offered help instead. Israel’s prophet Elisha, she said, could heal Naaman. Eager to be cured, Naaman went to Israel. However, he was reluctant to follow Elisha’s humiliating directions. When he finally did, he was healed, which caused him to proclaim that Israel’s God is the only God (v.15).

God used two bad things—a kidnapping and a deadly disease—to change Israel’s enemy into a friend. Even when we don’t know why something bad has happened, we know that God has the power to use it for good. — Julie Ackerman Link

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bad may have a bitter taste
But sweet will be the flower. —Cowper

God is the master of turning burdens into blessings.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 05-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default May 9

May 9, 2009

Childlike Faith

READ: Matthew 8:5-10

The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. —Luke 18:27

On the way home from a family camping trip, 6-year-old Tanya and her dad were the only ones still awake in the car. As Tanya looked at the full moon through the car window, she asked, “Daddy, do you think I can touch the moon if I stand on my tiptoes?”

“No, I don’t think so,” he smiled.

“Can you reach it?”

“No, I don’t think I can either.”

She was quiet for a moment, then she said confidently, “Daddy, maybe if you hold me up on your shoulders?”

Faith? Yes—the childlike faith that daddies can do anything. True faith, though, has the written promise of God for its foundation. In Hebrews 11:1, we read, “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Jesus talked a lot about faith, and throughout the Gospels we read of His response to those who had great faith.

When a paralyzed man’s friends brought him to Jesus, He “saw their faith,” forgave the man of his sins, and healed him (Matt. 9:2-6). When the centurion asked Jesus to “speak a word, and my servant will be healed” (8:8), Jesus “marveled” and said, “I have not found such great faith” (8:10).

When we have faith in God, we will find that all things are possible (Luke 18:27). — Cindy Hess Kasper

God, give me the faith of a little child
Who trusts so implicitly,
Who simply and gladly believes Thy Word,
And never would question Thee. —Showerman

A childlike faith unlocks the door to the kingdom of heaven.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 05-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default May 10

May 10, 2009

Magnets And Mothers

READ: Proverbs 31:26-31

Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you. —Deuteronomy 5:16

A teacher gave her class of second-graders a lesson about the magnet and what it does. The next day, in a written test, she included this question: “My name has six letters. The first one is m. I pick up things. What am I?” When the test papers were turned in, the teacher was astonished to find that almost 50 percent of the students answered the question with the word mother.

Yes, mothers do pick up things. But they are much more than “magnets,” gathering up clothes and picking up toys around the house. As willing as many mothers are to do such chores, they have a higher calling than that.

A good mother loves her family and provides an atmosphere where each member can find acceptance, security, and understanding. She is there when the children need a listening ear, a comforting word, a warm hug, or a loving touch on a fevered brow. And for the Christian mother, her greatest joy is in teaching her children to trust and to love Jesus as their Savior.

That kind of mother deserves to be honored—not just on one special day a year but every day. And that recognition should involve more than words; it ought to be shown in respect, thoughtfulness, and loving deeds. — Richard De Haan

Of all the earthly things God gives,
There’s one above all others:
It is the precious, priceless gift
Of loving Christian mothers. —Anon.

Godly mothers not only bring you up, they bring you to God.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 05-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Default May 11

May 11, 2009

The World Is Watching

READ: John 13:31-35

By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. —John 13:35

My friends were serving in a ministry that was directed mainly to Christians when an opportunity came for them to change jobs and touch the lives of thousands of nonbelievers. They decided to make what they believed to be an exciting change.

Many people, even some who didn’t personally know them, were shocked and accused them of seeking fame and fortune in the world. But believing that Jesus came “to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10), they decided to pursue what they considered an even greater opportunity to serve the “lost” in their community.

They said later, “Some Christians were so cruel to us, and wrote hateful e-mails. Our new non-Christian friends were kinder to us than our fellow Christians. We didn’t understand that, and were hurt deeply.” They told me that their desire was to follow God’s directive to be “salt” and “light” in the world (Matt. 5:13-14).

When someone we know is making a decision or change, it can be helpful to ask about his or her motives. But we can’t fully know another’s heart. We don’t want to “bite and devour” our fellow Christians (Gal. 5:15), but instead to love them in a way that others will know we are Jesus’ followers (John 13:35). The world is watching. — Anne Cetas

We join our hearts and hands together,
Faithful to the Lord’s command:
We hold each other to God’s standards—
All that truth and love demand. —D. De Haan

Only God sees the heart.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 05-11-2009, 07:54 AM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Still keeping this section running strong bro
Old 05-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
Still keeping this section running strong bro
The least I can do, glad that people enjoy them.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal