Daily Devotional - Page 158 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 02:15 AM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

I wanted to add I got Saved in 2002 and called to Preach the Gospel in 2004. So yet I am a Preacher that loves training and I am returning. Yes Sir.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:00 PM
2ndWind is I Have No Idea What to Say Here?.

"They do not know the voice of strangers." —John 10:5.

This reminds me of the Jews who wished to do the desires of their father, the devil, did not listen to Jesus. If you read (Prov. 9:1-5, 13-17) it says we receive messages from "the house of wisdom" and from "the house of stupidity." So then, we have a choice, both wisdom or stupidity. What will we choose? The answer depends on whose will we wish to do. Jesus’ sheep listen to his voice and follow him. (John 10:16, 27) They are "on the side of the truth." (John 18:37) Such humble ones "take hold of glory." (Prov. 3:13, 16; 8:1, 18; 29:23) So many make the wrong choice every day of their lives, yet Christ and his Father make the choice of everlasting life easy!

Last edited by 2ndWind; 10-16-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:13 PM

Smile

"Humble yourself". —Prov. 6:3.

To apologize is difficult for most people. For me personally as I grow older it does seem to be less difficult to find inside of me a desire to actually express my humbleness when I should. However, from what I have been able to comprehend from God's Word is that servants of God cultivate the spirit of a lesser (humble) one by admitting their mistakes AND asking to be forgiven. We are also ready to forgive others for their mistakes as well. If you happen to notice pride promotes division and contention, forgiveness usually promotes peace. For instance we may need to "humble ourselves" by sincerely apologizing to another person if we have failed to honor some sort of agreement between us. Although we may be able to blame to some degree of responsibility to the other party, from what I can tell, the humble Christian concerns himself/herself with his/her own failings and is willing to admit them. (Prov. 6:1-5) Luke expresses it well. This passage encourages us to cultivate the spirit of a lesser one! (Luke 9:48). How grateful we should be to have Scriptural encouragement like this!

Old 10-13-2014, 02:27 AM

Smile

"They will actually sit, each one under his vine and under his fig tree, and there will be no one making them tremble."Mic. 4:4.

It's really a sad situation in today’s world, adequate housing is a serious problem. The more I observe (longer I live), I find this is more of an issue than most give thought to. Take a look at how many people are packed into crowded cities. Many have to manage with makeshift dwellings in run down cities. Having a house of their own remains a mere dream for them. However, the above Scripture really reminds me of what the future holds for obedient mankind under Kingdom rule. I think about how the desire of every person to have his/her own home will be realized. Look at this prophesy through Isaiah: "They will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat their fruitage.” (Isa. 65:21) Yet, having a home of their own is not the only promise! After all, some today live in their own house, some in a mansion or on a grand estate. However there is always the worry that the home can be lost through some financial reverses or that burglars or worse will break in. This gives me intense hope for the future, even if death occurs before this prophecy is fulfilled. Think how different everything will be under Kingdom rule! Read (Rev. 21:3,4).

Old 10-14-2014, 10:17 AM

Smile

"Let us not give up in doing what is fine."Gal. 6:9

Christians have a need for endurance. We will face trials, however the God of Abraham will help us. Never underestimate the power of prayer, keep praying for holy spirit! It can provide relief as He replaces grief with joy, anguish with peace. (Matt. 7:7-11) No matter what pressures confront us, never go back, never give up. What wonderful riches are ours because we are known by the God of Abraham! Have you recently got baptized, what now? Continue to get to know Christ and his Father better, growing to spiritual maturity. Have you been baptized for many years, what now? Yes even the most experienced must continue to deepen and broaden their knowledge of Jesus and his Father. Finally, may we never become complacent in our relationship with them. Instead, we should all check ourselves from time to time to ensure that we are continuing to grow in our relationship with our loving Father, Friend, and God. (2 Cor. 13:5, 6) .

Last edited by 2ndWind; 10-16-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:01 PM

Smile

"He that is humble in spirit will take hold of glory."Prov. 29:23.

What do you "hear" when the word "glory," comes to your mind? Is it the wonders of creation? (Ps. 19:1) Or is the praise and glory given to humans having exceptional wealth, wisdom, or accomplishment. In the Scriptures, "glory" conveys the sense of heaviness. In ancient times, when money was made of precious metals ,the heavier the coin, the greater its value. So words used to express the idea of weightiness came to be understood figuratively to mean something which is treasured, magnificent, or impressive. While we may be impressed with the power, position, or reputation of another person, what does God look for in humans? The Scriptures actually speak of a glory that God confers on humans. For example, Proverbs 22:4 states: "The result of humility and the fear of the God of Abraham is riches and glory and life." And the disciple James wrote: "Humble yourselves in the eyes of God , AND HE WILL EXALT YOU." (Jas. 4:10).

Last edited by 2ndWind; 10-16-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:37 PM

Smile

"Keep strict watch that how you walk is not as unwise but as wise persons, buying out the opportune time for yourselves." Eph. 5:15, 16.

To much time spent on entertainment can rob us of time needed for personal study. I know I'm guilty of it. It is so easy to let personal study slip. Entertainment is more available now than ever before, and it is less expensive than ever before. It is available on TV, on the computer, and on the phone. We are surrounded by it. Unless we are careful, time needed for in-depth personal study can gradually diminish until it all but disappears. I'm the worst procrastinator that exist! I will keep putting off until I finally either forget or plain loose interest. It will do all good if we will at times sit back and ask ourselves how often do we take time to dig deeper in our study of God’s Word? Is it only when we have to? If so, perhaps we could make better use of the evening or some other convenient time to do our personal study. (Prov. 2:1-5)
Old 10-17-2014, 11:15 AM

Smile

"Let us pursue the things making for peace and the things that are upbuilding to one another." Rom. 14:19

This Scripture reminds me of my own marriage. So many times through our 28+ years of marriage, I find myself always having to watch how I handle my wants and needs when it comes to my family, especially my wife. We have been together and through so much over the years, that it sometimes becomes difficult to keep on considering the the other ones feelings and wants,desires, etc. I'm sure the ones of us who have been married or in any kind of long relationship (intimate) understand how a couple may differ in their preferences when it comes to just about anything mentioned under the sun! For instance, perhaps the husband likes to stay quietly at home during leisure time and read a book. On the other hand, the wife may prefer going out for a meal or visiting friends. Would it not be easier for the wife to respect her husband when she sees that he manifests humility and gives sincere consideration to her likes and dislikes rather than being concerned only about his own preferences? And how the husband loves and appreciates his wife when he sees that she does not just try to get her own way but considers his wishes! My marriage bond has strengthened over the years just by me trying to please my wife. No, not in unreasonable ways, but nonetheless, I've learned that the more humble I am, the more LOVE an AFFECTION my wife displays. (Phil. 2:1-4)
Old 10-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Smile

"Become imitators of me, even as I am of Christ."1 Cor. 11:1

How grateful we are that Jesus through his teachings and conduct willingly revealed his Father to us! I constantly have to remined myself of the need to imitate Jesus by revealing the Father by my words and deeds. Keep in mind that many we meet do not know who God is. Their view of God may be obscured by false teachings. We may share with them what we know about God’s purpose for humans, and his personality as revealed in the Bible. Moreover, we may discuss with fellow believers some Bible accounts that reveal God’s personality in a way that we did not appreciate before. So, I try to "reveal" the Father by my conduct as I strive to imitate Jesus. When people see in our actions the love of Christ, they should/might/will be drawn to the Father as well as to Jesus. (Eph. 5:1, 2) What a wonderful privilege we have of helping people to see the teachings of Christ in the way we conduct ourselves!

Last edited by 2ndWind; 10-21-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:32 AM

Smile

"Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall." 1 Cor. 10:12

As a pilot a preflight inspection can be at times such an inconvenience! Depending on the type of aircraft flown, it will dictate a checklist consisting of items that a pilot needs to process for a safe flight. If they do not carefully follow the checklist each time before takeoff, the pilots increase the possibility of a tragic accident. Do you know what type of pilot is especially urged to complete the checklist every time? It is the very experienced pilot! The seasoned pilot could easily become complacent and fail to carry out the preflight inspection in every detail. Like a safety-minded pilot, you can use a type of checklist to make sure that your faith will not falter when you need it most. Regularly checking the depth of your faith and devotion to the God of Abraham is essential. Failure to check on this regularly and diligently can lead to spiritual ruin.