Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default Dec. 15

Twenty-Seven Percent

December 15, 2012

Read: 2 Peter 3:1-13

Therefore, since all thesethingswill bedissolved, what manner of persons ought you to bein holy conduct and godliness? —2 Peter 3:11

People’s attitudes toward Bible prophecy vary widely. Some believers are so preoccupied with it that they are constantly talking about the latest world events, thinking they are biblical signs that Christ could return at any moment. Others are so casual in their view of prophecy that it seems as if they don’t believe it’s relevant to the Christian life at all. So is prophecy important? Here are some facts to help put things in perspective. There are 31,124 verses in the Bible. Of these verses, 8,352 have prophetic content of some kind. That’s 27 percent of Scripture! Because prophecy occupies more than a quarter of Scripture, the believer should deeply value its role in God’s revelation. But in doing so, we should remember why God put it there. After describing how the world will end, Peter concludes, “Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives” (2 Peter 3:11 NIV). In other words, we should make choices daily for godly living that conform to our future dwelling place. God has given us information about the future to glorify Himself, to assure us of His sovereign control of history, and to challenge us to godly living.

He is coming! I shall know Him, Jesus! My beloved Lord! Changed forever to His likeness; Oh! what joy this will afford. —Dimmock

Look for Christ’s return and you’ll live for Christ’s glory.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Dec. 17

Worth The Risk

December 17, 2012

Read: Acts 7:51–8:2

For by graceyou have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. —Ephesians 2:8-9

What would one give in exchange for a new iPad? One 17-year-old boy gave a kidney! Apparently, he couldn’t afford an iPad and wanted one so badly that he was willing to risk surgery. Stephen, in Acts 7, took a serious risk, but it was for proclaiming the good news about Jesus. While performing miracles, he was seized, falsely accused of blasphemy against God and the Mosaic law, and brought before the high priest (6:8-14). In response to a question from the high priest (7:1), Stephen took a risk and preached a sermon he knew his hearers would not like. He said that throughout Israel’s history, the nation had repeatedly rejected God’s messengers. And now, they had rejected the Messiah. Stephen’s sermon provoked a strong reaction. “They cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; and they cast him out of the city and stoned him” (vv.57-58). Why would Stephen risk his life to preach about Jesus? He desperately wanted his hearers to know that because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, they no longer needed to live under the law but could live under grace and forgiveness (6:13-15; Eph. 2:8-9). Jesus died so that we may have eternal life.

Lord, You have done so much for us. You give us our very breath and blessing upon blessing. We give ourselves back to You to use to spread the glorious gospel of Christ. Amen.

A Christian’s life is a window through which others can see Jesus.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 12-29-2012, 01:58 PM
littleamazon is praying and loving in action, word, deed and thought by the Grace of God
National Champion

Lately, I have been thinking about how we Christians should be living differently than the world. I have also been thinking about how Love of God should be expressed in our words, deeds and thoughts. We know that Salvation is a relationship and that if we say we love God but live loving contrary things to God, we lie on where our loyalties lie. What do you think about 1 John 2: 3 - 6?

- St. Dominic Savio (1842-1857)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...n/Mercy50K.jpg
We must pray without tiring, for the salvation of mankind does not depend on material success, nor on sciences that cloud the intellect. Neither does it depend on arms and human industries, but on Jesus alone.

- St. Frances Xavier Cabrini (1850-1917)
Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 17

Trouble

January 17, 2013

Read: John 16:25-33

In theworld you will havetribulation; but beof good cheer, I have overcomethe world. —John 16:33

I was glad to see the final days of the year draw to a close. It had held so much sorrow, sickness, and sadness. I was ready to welcome January with its very own brass band! But as the first month of the new year arrived, so did one bit of sad news after another. Several friends lost their parents. My dad’s brother slipped away in his sleep. Friends discovered they had cancer. A colleague’s brother and a friend’s son both died tragically and abruptly. Rather than the sad times ceasing, the new year seemed to bring a whole new tsunami of sorrow. John 16:33 tells us, “In the world you will have tribulation.” Even God’s children are not promised a life of ease, of prosperity, nor of good health. Yet we are never alone in our trouble. Isaiah 43:2 reminds us that when we pass through deep waters, God is with us. Although we don’t always understand God’s purposes in the trials we experience, we can trust His heart because we know Him. Our God is a God of abundant love and “neither death nor life. . . nor things present nor things to come [will ever] separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 8:38-39). When trouble comes, His presence is His promise.

Swift cometh His answer, so clear and so sweet; “Yea, I will be with thee, thy troubles to meet; I will not forget thee, nor fail thee, nor grieve; I will not forsake thee, I never will leave.” —Flint

Faith is believing that God is present when all we hear is silence.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 24

Like Jesus

January 24, 2013

Read: 1 John 2:5-11

Hewho says he abidesin [Jesus] ought himself also to walk just as He walked. —1 John 2:6

During a children’s church service, the teacher talked about the first of the Ten Commandments: “You shall have no other gods before Me” (Ex. 20:3). She suggested some ways for the kids to keep this command. She said, “Nothing should come before God—not candy, not schoolwork, not video games.” She told them that putting God first meant that time with Him reading the Bible and praying should come before anything else. An older child in the group responded with a thought-provoking question. She asked if being a Christian was about keeping rules or if instead God wanted to be involved in all areas of our life. Sometimes we make the mistake of viewing the Bible as a list of rules. Certainly obeying God (John 14:21) and spending time with Him are important, but not because we need to be rule-keepers. Jesus and the Father had a loving relationship. When we have a relationship with God, we desire to spend time with Him and obey Him so we can become more like Jesus. John said, “He who says he abides in [Jesus] ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:6). He’s the example we can follow. When we want to understand how to love, or how to be humble, or how to have faith, or even how to set our priorities, we can look at Jesus and follow His heart.

Lord, as I look ahead to another day, I give myself to be led by Your Spirit. Give discernment in priorities, but most of all a sensitive heart to live like Jesus did—filled with Your love and power. Amen.

Jesus calls us to follow Him.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Default Jan. 25

Guest List

January 25, 2013

Read: Luke 14:7-14

When you givea feast, invite the poor, themaimed, the lame, theblind. And you will be blessed. —Luke 14:13-14

Qumran was a first-century Jewish community that had isolated itself from outside influences to prepare for the arrival of the Messiah. They took great care in devotional life, ceremonial washings, and strict adherence to rules of conduct. Surviving documents show that they would not allow the lame, the blind, or the crippled into their communities. This was based on their conviction that anyone with a physical “blemish” was ceremonially unclean. During their table fellowship, disabled people were never on their guest lists. Ironically, at that same time the Messiah of Israel was at work in the cities and villages of Judea and Galilee. Jesus proclaimed His Father’s kingdom, brought teaching and comfort, and worked mighty miracles. Strikingly, He proclaimed: “When you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind. And you will be blessed” (Luke 14:13-14). The contrast between Jesus’ words and the guest list of the Qumran “spiritual elite” is instructive to us. Often we like to fellowship with people who look, think, and act like us. But our Lord exhorts us to be like Him and open our doors to everyone.

The gospel must be shared with all, Not just with those like you and me; For God embraces everyone Who turns to Him to set them free. —Sper

The inclusive gospel cannot be shared by an exclusive people. —George Sweeting

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

OK ! then this is the area to show how hard you are going through with your per day practise .. I'm all set to post here mine ..

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Actually, this was for devotions from the bible.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 06-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Jemimasmith should change his/her status!

I've not maintained such a log though knowing the fact well that it immensely helpful to check back how I'm doing ..

Last edited by Jemimasmith; 10-03-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 PM
rickck48 is tryin harder!
Middleweight

Hello to you all. I have been out of whack for about 6 or 7 yrs now. I injured my low back and I was informed that no surgery is possible. I just started back walking with seriousness last week. I am not dead, lol, just got to be determined enough come back. I am 59 now and it will not be easy but I am determined. That's why I got to site. Blessings to all.

Goal: NOT there Yet, But haven't quit either!

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!