Daily Devotional - Page 14 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

he is GOD, but i definitely believe that he resembles us, maybe not entirely but it did say he created us in his own image.

and all of this is pointless compared to the big picture. im just saying what I believe. I could careless what form God takes, he/it/w/e is still my God!

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

My mistake, I'll be sure to read through what I've type. I honestly believe God transcends all things including gender. I woke up this morning and decided that today I wasn't going to pray, but praise God all day. Far too often I let my problems overshadow how truly blessed I am. All I can say is I'm truly grateful for this site and the good people on it, this day and age that's a hard find.

Last edited by HardCory; 03-06-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 6

March 6, 2009

You Are Not Forgotten

READ: Hebrews 11:24-40

God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have showed toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints. —Hebrews 6:10

When Britain’s oldest man turned 111, vintage aircraft did a flyover, and the Band of the Royal Marines played “Happy Birthday.” According to the Daily Mirror, Henry Allingham was amazed by all of the attention. Until 6 years earlier, he had for 86 years kept secret the horrific memories of what happened in the trenches of World War I. Only when tracked down by the World War I Veteran’s Association did this old man, who had been shelled, bombed, and shot, receive honor for what he had endured in behalf of his country.

The story of the Bible gives us parallels to Henry’s story. The Scriptures show that those who fight the battles of God often end up wounded, imprisoned, and even killed as a result of their service.

The cynic might observe such lives and conclude with a sigh that no good deed goes unpunished. But the author of Hebrews sees a bigger picture. He reminds us that everything and anything we have done in faith and love will one day be honored by God (6:10).

Are you discouraged today? Do you feel insignificant? Do you feel forgotten after trying to serve God? Be assured that God will not forget anything you have done in your service to Him or others. — Mart De Haan

Does the place you’re called to labor
Seem so small and little known?
It is great if God is in it,
And He’ll not forget His own. —Suffield

God remembers the good we forget.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:11 PM
alang is hating tendonitis!!!
Rookie

Cory,

I haven't commented in a while, but just wanted to let you know that I still read the devotional daily, and appreciate the effort.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alang View Post
Cory,

I haven't commented in a while, but just wanted to let you know that I still read the devotional daily, and appreciate the effort.
Good stuff, how's everything going with your faith and fitness lately?
Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 7

March 7, 2009

God’s Love And Ours

READ: Romans 5:1-11

While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. —Romans 5:8

Franklin Graham regrets it now, but in his youth he was wild and rebellious. One day he went roaring up to his dad’s house on his Harley Davidson motorcycle to ask for some money. Dressed in his leathers, dusty and bearded, he burst into his father’s living room—and walked right into a meeting of Billy’s executive board.

Without hesitation, Billy Graham identified Franklin as his son. Then he proudly introduced him to every member of the board. Billy did not apologize for his son or show any shame or guilt. Franklin wrote later in his autobiography, Rebel With a Cause, that the love and respect his father gave him that day never left him, even during his rebellious years.

Our children don’t have to earn our love. To withhold love for our own selfish purposes is to follow the enemy, not God. God’s love for us is undeserved. We did nothing to earn it; no good in us merited it. “God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom. 5:8). In all our relationships, especially with our children, we must genuinely show that same kind of love.

We are called to treat our children, and all people, with love and respect. It helps to remember what we were when Christ died for us. — David C. Egner

Help me, Lord, to show respect and love to others,
always mindful of the fact that each of us is created
in Your image. May Your love shine through my life
and bring praise and honor to You. Amen.

God’s love changes prodigal sons into precious saints.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 8

March 8, 2009

The Time Will Come

READ: 2 Timothy 4:1-8

The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine. —2 Timothy 4:3

A USA Today article describes how parents today seek to initiate their children into a world of all faiths. Ema Drouillard, who runs a ceremony service, was asked by a couple to conduct a service for their baby, Greer. The mother said, “We just wanted a larger spirit to guide our daughter, but we didn’t want to get specific. I wanted all her bases covered.” The couple said, “We just do Christianity L-I-T-E” for Greer, who “believes in angels and fairies, leprechauns and Santa Claus.” This illustrates the low value placed on scriptural truth that is so prevalent in our culture today.

The apostle Paul warned Timothy that a time would come when people would prefer “lite” spiritual meals and would not tolerate substantive teaching (2 Tim. 4:3-4). He predicted that false teaching would increase and be embraced by many because it caters to the needs of their flesh. They have a craving to be entertained and desire teaching that leaves them with good feelings about themselves. Paul instructed Timothy to combat this by teaching doctrines according to God’s Word. The purpose of his instruction was to correct, rebuke, and encourage others (v.2).

As believers we are called to teach and obey the Word of God, not to scratch the itches of our culture. — Marvin Williams

Lord, teach us from Your holy Word
All error to discern,
And by Your Spirit’s light help us
From Satan’s snares to turn. —Bosch

Stand on the Word of God and you won’t fall into error.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:37 PM
alang is hating tendonitis!!!
Rookie

Cory,

Thanks for asking. Things are good on both subjects. I am trying to upgrade my faith daily by reading or listening to the bible (audiobook) and praying, and most of all having faith in the fact that God is guiding me through my journey, and if I let him, he will guide me to success.

Regarding fitness, I have made great gains over the past 3 months by cleaning up my diet, not missing one workout, getting a lot stronger, and making a pretty good dent in my transformation from weak & flabby to muscular & lean. I have gained a lot of strength and some good size. I am starting a cut now, and want to try and lose more bodyfat.

I have a lot of positives going on right now, but one thing that is very aggravating is this tendonitis that I have developed in my elbow. I really want to keep training and progressing, but I don't think it is doing my elbow any good. After 3 months of consistent hard work, I think I am ready for a week off of the weights (I'll still do cardio & abs), and hope that this helps the elbow condition a bit.

We'll see!

Thanks again for your inspiring words!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alang View Post
Cory,

Thanks for asking. Things are good on both subjects. I am trying to upgrade my faith daily by reading or listening to the bible (audiobook) and praying, and most of all having faith in the fact that God is guiding me through my journey, and if I let him, he will guide me to success.

Regarding fitness, I have made great gains over the past 3 months by cleaning up my diet, not missing one workout, getting a lot stronger, and making a pretty good dent in my transformation from weak & flabby to muscular & lean. I have gained a lot of strength and some good size. I am starting a cut now, and want to try and lose more bodyfat.

I have a lot of positives going on right now, but one thing that is very aggravating is this tendonitis that I have developed in my elbow. I really want to keep training and progressing, but I don't think it is doing my elbow any good. After 3 months of consistent hard work, I think I am ready for a week off of the weights (I'll still do cardio & abs), and hope that this helps the elbow condition a bit.

We'll see!

Thanks again for your inspiring words!
Good to hear, I always find if I'm able to keep God's Word on my mind, then I'm less likely to think about things I shouldn't be thinking about. The reassuring thing is we're ALL in the same boat, and to know that brothers and sisters in Christ are facing the same problems daily gives me strength. So all you can do is keep the faith, God will deliver all of us through our problems, maybe not when we want, but regardless it will happen. Sorry to hear about your elbow, I would definitely rest it for a week and see where it's at. Keep us up to date on it.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 9

March 9, 2009

You Can’t Say That!

READ: Genesis 3:9-19

“Lord, what do You want me to do?” —Acts 9:6

According to a career-building Web site, certain words should be avoided on the job. When someone in authority asks you to do a project, you shouldn’t say, “Sure, no problem,” if you don’t mean it and aren’t going to follow through. Otherwise, you’ll become known as someone who doesn’t keep his word. And don’t say, “That’s not my job,” because you may need that person’s help in the future.

And if your boss comes to you with a problem, careerbuilder.com suggests it’s best not to blame someone else and say, “It’s not my fault!”

That’s the excuse Adam and Eve gave to God. They were told not to eat from the fruit on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Gen. 2:16-17). When they disobeyed and were confronted by God, Adam blamed God and Eve, and Eve blamed the serpent (3:9-19). They basically said, “It’s not my fault!”

Perhaps there are things we should avoid saying to God about what He’s told us to do or not to do. For example, He gives us specific instructions for Christlike behavior in

1 Corinthians 13, yet we may be tempted to say, “I just don’t feel convicted about that,” or “That’s not really my gift.”

What is the Lord asking of you today? How will you respond? How about, “Yes, Lord!” — Anne Cetas

God wants complete obedience,
Excuses will not do;
His Word and Spirit show His will—
Then we must follow through. —Sper

The highest motive for obeying God is the desire to please Him.