Daily Devotional - Page 13 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > The Sanctuary

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Achillesreborn is using his HIT Jedi mind tricks
HIT Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
I agree I think the term faith is thrown around too loosely. Many people put a time limit on their faith, "fix my problems by this date and no later." To have faith in God, is to put complete trust in God, regardless of your circumstances. Never define God based off your circumstances, define your circumstances based off of God, He is greater than any problem you'll ever encounter. It's always reassuring to know that we're in good hands.
????he?????
Old 03-04-2009, 02:46 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillesreborn View Post
????he?????
Was that a question, I'm confused?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 4

March 4, 2009

An Ocean Of Ink

READ: Ephesians 3:14-19

To know the love of Christ which passes knowledge. —Ephesians 3:19

The words of the hymn “The Love of God” capture in word pictures the breathtaking magnitude of divine love:

Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies
of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll
contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky.

These marvelous lyrics echo Paul’s response to the love of God. The apostle prayed that believers might “be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height—to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge” (Eph. 3:18-19). In reflecting on these verses about God’s love, some Bible scholars believe “width” refers to its worldwide embrace (John 3:16); “length,” its existence through all ages (Eph. 3:21); “depth,” its profound wisdom (Rom. 11:33); and “height,” its victory over sin opening the way to heaven (Eph. 4:8).

We are admonished to appreciate this amazing love. Yet as we expand our awareness of God’s love, we soon realize that its full measure is beyond our understanding. Even if the ocean were filled with ink, using it to write about the love of God would drain it dry. — Dennis Fisher

God’s love cannot be explained—it can only be experienced.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default Mar. 5

March 5, 2009

Idols In The Heart

READ: Ezekiel 14:1-8

Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their hearts. —Ezekiel 14:3

When my husband and I first went out as missionaries, I recall being concerned about the growth of materialism in our society. It never crossed my mind that I myself could be materialistic. After all, hadn’t we gone overseas with almost nothing? Weren’t we choosing to live in a shabbily furnished, rundown apartment? I thought materialism couldn’t touch us.

Nonetheless, feelings of discontent gradually began to take root in my heart. Before long I was craving hungrily after nice things and secretly feeling resentful over not having them.

Then one day God’s Spirit opened my eyes with a disturbing insight: Materialism isn’t necessarily having things; it can also be craving them. There I stood—guilty of materialism! God had exposed my discontent for what it was—an idol in my heart! That day as I repented of this subtle sin, God recaptured my heart as His rightful throne. Needless to say, a deep contentment followed, based not on things but on Him.

In Ezekiel’s day, God dealt thoroughly with this kind of secret idolatry. His throne on earth has always been in the hearts of His people. That’s why we must rid our heart of anything that destroys our contentment with Him. — Joanie Yoder

The dearest idol I have known,
Whate’er that idol be,
Help me to tear it from Thy throne
And worship only Thee. —Cowper

An idol is anything that takes the place of God.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I thank God I live where I do, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live in an impoverished country.....but still know Christ. Would I be a better Christian without the material distractions? I recall seeing pictures of orphanages in countries that our church sends missions to.....and these Christian kids with not two dimes to rub together look full of life and very happy. It is truly a joy to see, not a hint of materialism there. I will never know the answer to my question, but what I know is that I can do what Joanie Yoder did, and that is give my heart to God each and everyday. This can definitely be a tough thing to do, but it is so very important.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Was that a question, I'm confused?
think its the fact you gave god a gender when it wouldnt be possible as he would be counted as whole so cant be he or she but is both as one
Old 03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
think its the fact you gave god a gender when it wouldnt be possible as he would be counted as whole so cant be he or she but is both as one
In the Bible he is referred to as the Father, hence, male and "he"

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 03-05-2009, 03:46 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
In the Bible he is referred to as the Father, hence, male and "he"
Jesus’ way of addressing God as Father is rooted in His own intimate relationship to God. Now whatever else we say about God, we cannot say that He is Jesus’ mother, for Jesus’ mother is not God but Mary. Jesus’ mother was a creature; His Father, the Creator. "Father" and "Mother" are not, then, interchangeable terms for God in relation to Jesus. Nor can they be for us, if Catholicism’s doctrine that Mary is the "Mother of Christians" is correct.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:12 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

not discounting the fact that God could indeed be a woman, however he made Adam first and then Eve from Adam. In Genesis it says God created us in his own image. Therefore it is reasonable to believe that God is somewhat similar to a human. And to say that God is a he is reasonable to say because he made Adam first and Eve out of Adam.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

God can't be a woman, any more than he is a man, he is GOD!

EDIT: Don't take my "can't" to be limiting towards God, I realize he is omnipotent. What I mean is that given the context of th Bible, God can't be a woman. And yes, I realize that Jesus the Son became man on earth, but I was referring to the Father.

We refer to him with male pronouns because Jesus instructed us to pray in that manner and referred to him as Father.

Matthew 6:9-13 (New International Version)

9"This, then, is how you should pray:
" 'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
11Give us today our daily bread.
12Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.[a]'

Last edited by Commander; 03-05-2009 at 09:07 PM.