ABC Fight Corner - Page 74 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 07:03 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Also this weekend....Allistair Overeem vs Todd Duffee (battle of the juicers)....should be a good matchup but I think Allistair will be too much for Duffee.
Just finished watching this, can't complain about 7 hours of MMA, pretty good show Overeem made short work of Duffee. Aoki manage to make his way out of the kick boxing round just to be caught with a knee in the MMA round. Love this sport on all levels right now. 2011 it's only getting better.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

What a great way to start off 2011, those two guys took it to each other, I want to see a rematch, but first the have to unify the UFC and WEC lightweight titles.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Lesnar and Dos Santos named the new The Ultimate Fighter coaches...now i love Lesnar but i'm not exactly sure if this makes sense.

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
Lesnar and Dos Santos named the new The Ultimate Fighter coaches...now i love Lesnar but i'm not exactly sure if this makes sense.
Cain has or had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff so he'll likely be out 6-8 months, so they're buying time. I think winner gets shot at Cain even though Dos Santos already earned his shot. IMO they should just fight for the interim, because with Cain's type of injury he could be out a year.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Cain has or had surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff so he'll likely be out 6-8 months, so they're buying time. I think winner gets shot at Cain even though Dos Santos already earned his shot. IMO they should just fight for the interim, because with Cain's type of injury he could be out a year.
i guess what i meant was Lesnar has fought the top guys since he has been in the UFC...i'm just not convinced that he's ready to teach the sport to somebody else...granted, i don't personally know him so that could be completely off base

Old 01-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i guess what i meant was Lesnar has fought the top guys since he has been in the UFC...i'm just not convinced that he's ready to teach the sport to somebody else...granted, i don't personally know him so that could be completely off base
I hear ya, I think it all depends on who he picks as his coaching staff. He can definitely make them better wrestlers, as long as he has a jujitsu and kickboxing trainer they should be set.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Who are your picks this weekend?

Here are mine:

Silva over Belfort
I believe that Anderson is out to prove something especially since these two have had words in the past. I believe Belfort has potential to score the KO, but will go all for broke in the earlier rounds and Anderson will end up finishing him as a result. This is also the first time I am actually kinda rooting for the Spider since if he wins this and GSP wins, they are more than likely gonna fight.

Franklin over Griffin
Forrest has admitted this is the most nervous he has ever been before a fight. While you can never count him out, I just believe Ace is too well rounded and will probably nab the UD, or maybe possibly a TKO finish. This has FOTN potential.

Jones over Bader
I just believe Jones is unstoppable right now. While Bader is definitely a force, I think he is too one-dimensional and he won't be able to use his wrestling to over power Jones. I see this going the distance and Bones winning a UD. This could possibly be FOTN as well.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Silva over Belfort
I believe that Anderson is out to prove something especially since these two have had words in the past. I believe Belfort has potential to score the KO, but will go all for broke in the earlier rounds and Anderson will end up finishing him as a result. This is also the first time I am actually kinda rooting for the Spider since if he wins this and GSP wins, they are more than likely gonna fight.
I like all your picks, but I disagree with this one, this would be a fair assessment of Belfort if it was made 10 years ago. In his recent fights his conditioning is a lot better, and his patience is the major difference he's become an explosive counter striker. I believe the first round of the fight will probably be really boring, both men using the 5 mins to feel each other out. It's hard to call a winner, but out of everyone he has faced I believe Belfort is the biggest threat standing, and he's good on the ground as well.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Professor of Pain!!

i think Jon Bones Jones wins a decision and i think Vitor Belfort gets stopped quickly. This past weekend i watched Diaz rock and roll on Cyborg...that man is very scary on the ground...my other MMA thought is of Mike Brown (former WEC Champ)...is he the next Tim Sylvia? from champ to multiple losses?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
i think Jon Bones Jones wins a decision and i think Vitor Belfort gets stopped quickly. This past weekend i watched Diaz rock and roll on Cyborg...that man is very scary on the ground...my other MMA thought is of Mike Brown (former WEC Champ)...is he the next Tim Sylvia? from champ to multiple losses?
I think Mike Brown has a lot of personal issues that are affecting his training, kind of like what happen to Karo Parisyan.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal