ABC Fight Corner - Page 70 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
I just saw this the other day, and I do believe it was pre-UFC when they have linked him. However, look at the changes in Carwin's physique from when he was in the WEC and early UFC. Very significant changes if you ask me. He is not as full or nearly as lean. I love Carwin, but I wouldn't doubt that at some point he was poppin the needle. Hell, I would be willing to wager that more than 3/4 of the UFC is taking some sort of PED. That can be said for any major sports organization as well.

Not great photos, but kinda represents what I am talking about.
Yeah there's a definite change, and I do think that there are some bad apples using in MMA. Koz believes that GSP is one of them because he remains shredded year round.

Quote:
Nog pulled out due to injury.. Its cro crop vs. Mir now.
This fight has no appeal for me.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Is it just me or is Strikeforce lacking those marquee dominant fighters? With Fedor recently losing, losing Jake Shields, King Mo and Lashley losing last night, do they have a fighter that can keep MMA fans wanting to watch their product?

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 08-22-2010, 08:56 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Is it just me or is Strikeforce lacking those marquee dominant fighters? With Fedor recently losing, losing Jake Shields, King Mo and Lashley losing last night, do they have a fighter that can keep MMA fans wanting to watch their product?
in my opinion...no...Coker should be very worried

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 08-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
in my opinion...no...Coker should be very worried
Yeah I believe he should be, it's only a matter of time before they're forced to fold. I believe Fedor has one fight left on his M1 Global contract, he has said he has no interest in fighting in the UFC, but when it comes down to it, he needs the UFC at this point in his career. If he wants to prove his legacy in this sport he must sign and fight the best.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 08-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Yeah I believe he should be, it's only a matter of time before they're forced to fold. I believe Fedor has one fight left on his M1 Global contract, he has said he has no interest in fighting in the UFC, but when it comes down to it, he needs the UFC at this point in his career. If he wants to prove his legacy in this sport he must sign and fight the best.
i agree if he wants to "continue" his legacy...as far as proving his legacy...in my opinion he's already done that

Old 08-26-2010, 04:50 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Excited about the fights. I'll attempt to make some half-decent predictions:

BJ Penn over Edgar

I hate to pick Penn, b/c I think he is the biggest underachiever ever, but I am going against my heart on this one. I think he actually won the first fight, but this time he will do so decisively. However, I can still see Edgar eeking out a decision, but its doubtful IMO. If Edgar does win, Penn will retire.

Randy Couture over James Toney

I am actually worried on this one that Toney somehow lands a big punch. But, that's his only chance. I say Randy wins via TKO from GNP in the first or 2nd.

Florian over Maynard

For some reason, everywhere I've read everyone is on the Maynard bandwagon. Did you watch his last fight? His stand up was sloppy at best. His only advantage over Florian is wrestling, and Florian has been working with GSP on that. I look for Florian to win via UD or stoppage....he's just too well rounded IMO, and Maynard is too one-dimensional. People do not give Florian the respect he deserves (this is coming from someone who used to be the biggest Florian basher!)

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 08-28-2010, 04:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Excited about the fights. I'll attempt to make some half-decent predictions:

BJ Penn over Edgar

I hate to pick Penn, b/c I think he is the biggest underachiever ever, but I am going against my heart on this one. I think he actually won the first fight, but this time he will do so decisively. However, I can still see Edgar eeking out a decision, but its doubtful IMO. If Edgar does win, Penn will retire.

Randy Couture over James Toney

I am actually worried on this one that Toney somehow lands a big punch. But, that's his only chance. I say Randy wins via TKO from GNP in the first or 2nd.

Florian over Maynard

For some reason, everywhere I've read everyone is on the Maynard bandwagon. Did you watch his last fight? His stand up was sloppy at best. His only advantage over Florian is wrestling, and Florian has been working with GSP on that. I look for Florian to win via UD or stoppage....he's just too well rounded IMO, and Maynard is too one-dimensional. People do not give Florian the respect he deserves (this is coming from someone who used to be the biggest Florian basher!)
Totally agree with all your picks.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 08-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Professor of Pain!!

well didn't watch it, but from what i read my boy Penn pretty well got dominated...i was super glad and relieved that James Toney didn't win...i could only imagine what effect that could've had...i had visions of randy going in, slipping, and Toney just straight clocking him

Old 08-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
well didn't watch it, but from what i read my boy Penn pretty well got dominated...i was super glad and relieved that James Toney didn't win...i could only imagine what effect that could've had...i had visions of randy going in, slipping, and Toney just straight clocking him

Toney would of had to thrown a punch for that to happen, he did absolutely nothing in the fight, looked worse than Kimbo Slice & Houston Alexander combined on his back.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 08-29-2010, 10:41 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

My picks were off, but I was happy nonetheless to witness the start of Baby Jay's retirement party. I stand by my belief he is the most over rated, under achieving, waste of talent to ever fight in MMA. I do not care how much talent you have, or how good you could be, to be considered the greatest you win fights. I believe if he were to have the work ethic of GSP, he would have never lost. I say he retires, which is good. I am tired of his excuses.

As for Florian...wow. He seemed to choke. He didn't implement his game plan at all, and seemed scared to death. That being said, Gray is not a good match up for Edgar, and is a real threat to the title.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4