ABC Fight Corner - Page 7 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Thats what makes fedor so good. He gets caught and still wins. TK rocked him in a fight he would win and I hope you've all seen the slam randleman put on him before he got him with a kimura. The dude is inhuman. He is unfortunately not in an org where the best HWs are, which is why there will always be questions as to whether he is the best P4P.

I still can't believe that Mir put Nog away, something Fedor couldn't do on 2 attempts. Mir's striking is very much improved and his ground game is among the best in the world at his weight class. he seems to be getting back the confidence he lost with his injury (and the few fights after he got back). A second win against Lesnar at this point could solidify his position in an open HW division for a LONG time to come. Honestly, I'd rather see Mir fight Fedor rather than Lesnar fight Fedor, mainly cause I think Cain Velasquez vs. Lesnar would be an AWESOME matchup of up-and-coming monstrous powerhouses in the HW division.

Ya think Randy will be back for his last fight in the UFC? If so, will he fight in Affliction?

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner

Last edited by maverickBU; 02-02-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:59 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Thats what makes fedor so good. He gets caught and still wins. TK rocked him in a fight he would win and I hope you've all seen the slam randleman put on him before he got him with a kimura. The dude is inhuman. He is unfortunately not in an org where the best HWs are, which is why there will always be questions as to whether he is the best P4P.

I still can't believe that Mir put Nog away, something Fedor couldn't do on 2 attempts. Mir's striking is very much improved and his ground game is among the best in the world at his weight class. he seems to be getting back the confidence he lost with his injury (and the few fights after he got back). A second win against Lesnar at this point could solidify his position in an open HW division for a LONG time to come. Honestly, I'd rather see Mir fight Fedor rather than Lesnar fight Fedor, mainly cause I think Cain Velasquez vs. Lesnar would be an AWESOME matchup of up-and-coming monstrous powerhouses in the HW division.

Ya think Randy will be back for his last fight in the UFC? If so, will he fight in Affliction?
i think randy will fight in the UFC...because he's getting up there in age and i think he has a no-compete clause in his contract...which is why he came back the last time...i think that's the case anyway...so if he did leave UFC he's probably have like 1-2 years where he couldn't compete.

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 02-02-2009, 06:21 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Thats what I mean. He MUST fight his last fight with the UFC if he wants to be able to fight in Affliction.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 02-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Thats what I mean. He MUST fight his last fight with the UFC if he wants to be able to fight in Affliction.
honestly...i don't think he will...i'm not sure he wants too much of Fedor anymore...a lot of that talk stopped after he destroyed Sylvia.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

There actually talk of Randy moving back down to light heavyweight, he says he walking around at the same weight he was at when he was cutting down to 205. There would be some good matchups down there, but at the same time you gotta wonder how much longer his body can take it.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
There actually talk of Randy moving back down to light heavyweight, he says he walking around at the same weight he was at when he was cutting down to 205. There would be some good matchups down there, but at the same time you gotta wonder how much longer his body can take it.
i don't even think he'd be competitive at 205 anymore

Old 02-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

The latest news is that the Nevada Athletic State Commission caught GSP's cornermen applying vasoline to his shoulders and back. Penn had complained to the official that GSP was slippery. I guess Dana White is talking about never letting these guys corner a fight in the UFC again. I don't think anyone is making excuses for why Penn lost, but it sucks that a fight of this caliber will now be tainted. Penn's camp has yet to file a complaint, but the word is they will, I doubt much will come of it though.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Trench is is on a mission!
Light-Heavyweight

BJ's camp officially filed.

How can a **** experienced cornerman unknowingly grease his fighter for two consecutive rounds and call it unintentional. Although Im a Penn fan, I initially thought BJ just lost. I was down with that result. Oh well, it happens and this is MMA. But now I have 2nd thoughts and you can blame GSP's cornerman for it.

Although GSP won that fight, it will be forever tainted due to this issue. Nurse continues to play dumb when the more and more I read into it, the more and more I suspect he knew what he was doing all along.

The greasing may not have changed the outcome but the fact is GREASING is GREASING and it is cheating. No matter how you look at it. Why would we need a second fight if the guys in his corner can't corner him correctly and honestly...
Old 02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

The strongest aspect of Penn's game is BJJ, where the grease was applied could easily affect him. I noticed early in the fight his rubber guard was sliding right off, not sure if the grease was responsible. I heard GSP on the radio talking smack about Penn, saying he'd fight him again, so who knows what's going to happen.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

I do not think it mattered. Read GSP's take on the matter:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....qa/index.html

Quote:
SI.com: The Penn camp says their approach to the fight was to go to the ground with you and work the guard, the rubber guard. And they said they first felt concerns in the second round. They saw B.J. trying to work the high guard and his legs were slipping down. Were you doing anything to make his legs come down?

St. Pierre: Of course. I was training that. I was training when his legs come up to posture up. And when he got the position to keep my head always over his head. By staying in a vertical position his leg was naturally going to go down. If I stayed flat, he would have been able to bring his leg up. But I stayed in a vertical position.
I hate this crap happened. Regardless, GSP is the better fighter. If they were to fight again, it'd be the same result.