ABC Fight Corner - Page 69 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 03:21 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench View Post
Carwin is the real deal. He dominated that first round and there were moments I thought they were gonna stop the fight with Brock clearly just covering up.

He needs to figure out how to keep some gas in that tank. If he had reserves, he would have beat Lesnar. Props to Brock for doing what he does best and getting the take down and submission.

As for this next matchup, I hope Sonnen backs up all the talk. I dont care for Silva, but ****, Sonnen got a serious mouth... LOL

BIG COUNTRY vs. BROCK! I'd like to see it go down!
carwin just needs to not put the weight back on between fights. i really think its the cutting weight that does it. that and the just punch till arms wont move mentallity. quality over quantity
Old 08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

This thread has become dead. How in the world has no one mentioned the upcoming card and predictions? This card has the potential to be one of the best in recent UFC history. Ah well.

Silva over Sonnen

*I want Sonnen to win, and he has done a TON of trash talk, but he is a politician (literally) and he knows how to sell the fight since A. SIlva never does. More PPV buys = more money for him. I think Silva will come out with something to prove tonight, and will finish him, more than likely via TKO, or maybe submission since SOnnen is susceptible to those. However, if somehow Sonnen can get Silva down, he may can pull this one out. Doubtful.

Fitch over Alves

*I think some ring rust and the hard weight cut is going to hurt Alves. Hell, he didn't make weight...AGAIN. Granted he was only 0.5 over, but still. Anyway, I would like him to win, but I believe Fitch is one tough dude and will be hard to beat. I see him winning this one GSP-style, and this one FOTN. Things could get interesting because if Kos wins over GSP, and Fitch wins tonight, Dana has said he will make them fight.

Junior Dos Santos over Roy Nelson

I just see JDS being way too much for Roy. I say he wins via TKO in the 1st or 2nd. Only way for Big Country to win is somehow get JDS on the ground and control him. Even though we haven't seen JDS on the ground, I still believe he has a decent if not good ground game considering he trains with Big Nog.

Hughes over Almeida

I almost didn't type this because it pains me to say it. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes lost. He is my boy, so I am going to stick with him since he clearly has the tools to win tonight, IF he sticks to what he knows best. WRESTLING. For some reason he thinks his boxing is good, and I believe that could possibly be his gameplan tonight. I am banking on the fact he will use his wrestling and pull out a decision, or maybe even stoppage. He has beaten Almeida in a grappling match before, so that's what he should stick with. This could potentially be a boring fight.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
This thread has become dead. How in the world has no one mentioned the upcoming card and predictions? This card has the potential to be one of the best in recent UFC history. Ah well.

Silva over Sonnen

*I want Sonnen to win, and he has done a TON of trash talk, but he is a politician (literally) and he knows how to sell the fight since A. SIlva never does. More PPV buys = more money for him. I think Silva will come out with something to prove tonight, and will finish him, more than likely via TKO, or maybe submission since SOnnen is susceptible to those. However, if somehow Sonnen can get Silva down, he may can pull this one out. Doubtful.

Fitch over Alves

*I think some ring rust and the hard weight cut is going to hurt Alves. Hell, he didn't make weight...AGAIN. Granted he was only 0.5 over, but still. Anyway, I would like him to win, but I believe Fitch is one tough dude and will be hard to beat. I see him winning this one GSP-style, and this one FOTN. Things could get interesting because if Kos wins over GSP, and Fitch wins tonight, Dana has said he will make them fight.

Junior Dos Santos over Roy Nelson

I just see JDS being way too much for Roy. I say he wins via TKO in the 1st or 2nd. Only way for Big Country to win is somehow get JDS on the ground and control him. Even though we haven't seen JDS on the ground, I still believe he has a decent if not good ground game considering he trains with Big Nog.

Hughes over Almeida

I almost didn't type this because it pains me to say it. However, it wouldn't surprise me if Hughes lost. He is my boy, so I am going to stick with him since he clearly has the tools to win tonight, IF he sticks to what he knows best. WRESTLING. For some reason he thinks his boxing is good, and I believe that could possibly be his gameplan tonight. I am banking on the fact he will use his wrestling and pull out a decision, or maybe even stoppage. He has beaten Almeida in a grappling match before, so that's what he should stick with. This could potentially be a boring fight.
we mentioned it on the last page...i am forbidden from making predictions however i am very intrigued by the sonnen/silva fight and i still want Big Country

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 08-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
we mentioned it on the last page...i am forbidden from making predictions however i am very intrigued by the sonnen/silva fight and i still want Big Country
Well hell....haha now that I made a dummy out myself...

I am intrigued by the main event too, but something tells me SIlva is about to put on a great performance. After watching him at weigh ins, and the way he acted towards the fans, it appears as if he is trying to win back fan support. As for Big Country, I wouldn't mind him winning, just don't see it happening. My opinion really means nothing tho. I have been proven wrong many times on predictions. LOL Never count Big Country out!!

Old 08-08-2010, 05:22 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Loved the fights tonight, Nelson took the best the Dos Santos through at him, but was completely dominated for 3 rounds.

What's up with Matt Hughes hands the past two fights? Where is this power coming from? Good to see him win again.

The Fitch match went exactly how I thought it would go, doesn't matter how many times they fight it will go the same way everytime.

Main event was a little shocking, but as the fight went on I was waiting for Sonnen to get caught, he was fighting careless inside the guard. Now that guys like BJ, Machida, Fedor have been dethroned, and GSP dethroned in the past, Silva has to be pound for pound one of the best.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Sadly, I was 5-0 on my picks (picked Guida as well). The main event was somewhat shady to me. Anderson got dominated both on the ground and on his feet...Sonnen is not good on his feet, and to make one of the best, if not best strikers in the game look like that? Come on. (I know Silva won a few exchanges later on, but overall is what I was getting at)

That triangle choke just casually slipped in on Sonnen....hmmmm...Sonnen knows what a **** triangle is. Silva just conveniently waited until the 5th to slip that in? Please. There were openings for that the entire fight. After nearly 5 rounds of being pounded on the ground, Silva suffered very little damage. There was a point in the first where he dropped his hands and just let Sonnen deliver a few to his face. Very strange. I dunno....awful odd turn of events, and I am not sure if I will ever watch a card A.Silva is on.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/US-...Steroids-26307

carwin uses?

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 08-16-2010, 03:21 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

I'm curious to the time frame of all this, I'm assuming it was pre UFC.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 08-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I just saw this the other day, and I do believe it was pre-UFC when they have linked him. However, look at the changes in Carwin's physique from when he was in the WEC and early UFC. Very significant changes if you ask me. He is not as full or nearly as lean. I love Carwin, but I wouldn't doubt that at some point he was poppin the needle. Hell, I would be willing to wager that more than 3/4 of the UFC is taking some sort of PED. That can be said for any major sports organization as well.

Not great photos, but kinda represents what I am talking about.

http://www.wec.tv/ShaneCarwin

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20283/fede...ution-ring.mma

Maybe he just got fat.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Trench is is on a mission!
Light-Heavyweight

Nog pulled out due to injury.. Its cro crop vs. Mir now.