ABC Fight Corner - Page 18 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Recreation > Members' Discussion:

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 04:55 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

wow...that's crazy...kinda like Tony LaRussa (Cardinals manager) fell asleep drunk at a stoplight

does anybody see Silva losing at UFC 97? something tells me after such a disappointing performance at UFC 90 he's going to come in for the kill.

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
wow...that's crazy...kinda like Tony LaRussa (Cardinals manager) fell asleep drunk at a stoplight

does anybody see Silva losing at UFC 97? something tells me after such a disappointing performance at UFC 90 he's going to come in for the kill.

Yeah definitely not LaRussa's finest moment, but I still believe him to be one of the best minds in baseball today. Between him and Dave Duncan they can take a team that is projected to finish deadlast and keep them in contention.

As far as Silva goes I don't see him losing, the guy doesn't slack off in his training and he doesn't take any opponent lightly. I think this one ends in the 1st round.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Professor of Pain!!

i hope Shamrock destroys Diaz
http://sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/event/16587/79388

Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 AM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
no way. I hate shamrock, and I'll never root against Diaz
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Diaz is a punk riding off a fluke victory against Lawler 5 years ago, then unfortunately grabbed another upset victory against Gomi more recently (yes, I know it was called a no contest, but he beat Gomi). He's wildly inconsistent, getting beat by any major contender in the LW or WW ddivision of the UFC (Riggs, Karo, Sanchez, Sherk) and also to freaking KJ Noons. He also takes an assload of punishment during all his fights (broken cheek and damamged eye socket in his WIN against Gomi). Other than people who like his big mouth and the fact that he's a fighter that isn't built like one, i see no reason to like him.

I don't want to glorify Frank too much because of his lack of committment to the game (retirements?), but he was on of the first true mixed martial artists. He took it from the "pit one style against another" mindset to a cumulative style in itself. I just wish he was as driven as some of today's stars.

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner
Old 03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Ordo Ab Chao is SHEIKO
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Diaz is a punk riding off a fluke victory against Lawler 5 years ago, then unfortunately grabbed another upset victory against Gomi more recently (yes, I know it was called a no contest, but he beat Gomi). He's wildly inconsistent, getting beat by any major contender in the LW or WW ddivision of the UFC (Riggs, Karo, Sanchez, Sherk) and also to freaking KJ Noons. He also takes an assload of punishment during all his fights (broken cheek and damamged eye socket in his WIN against Gomi). Other than people who like his big mouth and the fact that he's a fighter that isn't built like one, i see no reason to like him.

I don't want to glorify Frank too much because of his lack of committment to the game (retirements?), but he was on of the first true mixed martial artists. He took it from the "pit one style against another" mindset to a cumulative style in itself. I just wish he was as driven as some of today's stars.
I like Diaz, he's fun to watch. He's a scrapper with some good ground game. I don't think he's the best fighter but I always want him to win. Besides, frank is a much bigger punk.

And that loss to sanchez... bunch of BS
Old 03-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

How many times has Diaz been busted for marijuana? I complete agree with the comment that Shamrock was the first true mixed martial artist. I'll have to sit down and think about this one, anyone know what the catch weight was?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Read that Forrest Griffin signed to fight Thiago Silva at UFC 101. Very interesting match up. Silva's chin hasn't proven to be the greatest, but then again Griffin has only KO'd one opponent in his MMA career. Honestly I can see this one going either way. Griffin has great cardio and usually a great strategy, which I believe if this contest makes it out of the first round Griffin will win. I can also see Silva's relentless style earning him first round stoppage. Should be a great fight.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:09 PM
maverickBU is kinda famous
Heavyweight

Maybe the best MMA highlight reel I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Set to Aerosmith's "Dream On", so make sure you have the volume up. I never in a million years would think that song would do a MMA reel justice, but man, its awesome. The longer you've been a true MMA fan, the more you will appreciate it. Not just highlight KOs and subs, but also pivotal moments in the MMA history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvWRGB4cUpw

23-8 in the ABC Fight Corner

Last edited by maverickBU; 03-17-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Professor of Pain!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickBU View Post
Maybe the best MMA highlight reel I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Set to Aerosmith's "Dream On", so make sure you have the volume up. I never in a million years would think that song would do a MMA reel justice, but man, its awesome. The longer you've been a true MMA fan, the more you will appreciate it. Not just highlight KOs and subs, but also pivotal moments in the MMA history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvWRGB4cUpw
great post and great vid mav...good stuff