Renovating the temple of the Holy Spirit - Page 71 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 03:22 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Default Love Dare Day 8

Determine to become your spouse's biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements, take yesterday's list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she recently enjoyed.

How hard was it to destroy the list? What are some positive experiences that you can celebrate in the life of your mate? How can you encourage them toward future successes?

Destroying the list wasn't hard at all, it's just a piece of paper, now destroying the real list that's inside of me is going to take a lot of hard work and prayer. It's crazy when do you get to the point of dwelling on your spouse's imperfections? You start believing a lie that there's someone who's perfect out there, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Not a perfect person out there, and I am so far from being perfect myself. But God gives us a great blueprint, He sees the depths of my heart and loves me the same, this is what I'm praying to get out of this journey.

Last Friday was my daughter's 5th birthday, my wife put together a party that was a success, so today I chose to commend her on that. I think in the future I can be more supportive and encouraging with all aspects of her life.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Default Apr. 19

Bench: 4X10

Machine Flys: 4X10

Assisted Dips: 4X10

OH Cable Ext: 5X10

Tricep Pushdowns: 5X10

Today I was able to get up to 135 on bench for 10 reps, so now that I'm up to a plate maybe people will stop staring at me while I bench. Really happy with the progress there, like I said earlier I'm looking to get it up to 150 before the end of this month. I attempted some incline db but it felt uncomfortable so I stopped, and went to the assisted dips where I really felt it in my upper pectorals.

On another note over the weekend I was able to purchase a 6 month supply of glucosamine for around $16, started taking them yesterday. I've felt a lot of discomfort in my knees over the past year mostly when walking up stares or getting out of a crouching position, so I'm hoping this helps out. I also invested it because my new split will include lower power day and these old knees need all the help they can get.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Default Love Dare Day 9

Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

When and where did you choose to do your special greeting? How will you change your greeting from this point on?

Because and my and I live apart I had to do this one over the phone. As I've mentioned in the past I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone. Today's dare made me really dissect my tone towards my wife over the phone, and I really come off as not wanting to talk. Tonight I tried to show a little more enthusiasm, better than usual, but still poor, so this is something I'll definitely be working on more, not only towards her, but people in general.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Apr. 20

Assisted Pullups: 5X8

Iso High Row: 5X10

Rope Pulldowns: 5X10

Back Ext: 5X10

Cable Deadlift: 5X10

Hanging Leg Raises: 3X15

Cable Crunches: 3X15

Planks: 3X45 sec

This one drained me, but I feel good. Pull ups felt really weak this week I was able to get through a set with BW then gassed out, so I went with assisted and really focus on positives and negatives.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Love Dare Day 10

Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse, something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Wash her car. Clean the kitchen. Buy his favorite dessert. Fold the laundry. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage.

Has your love in the past been based on your spouse's attributes and behavior, or on your commitment? How can you continue to show love when it's not returned in the way you hoped for?

Today's readings really hit home, you look at the divorce rates in this country, and the normal reasoning is we fell outta love. When people say that they're basically saying I never loved you unconditionally to begin with. When my wife and I fell in love it was because of each others' attributes, does this mean our marriage is doomed to fail? By no means, this is a rebuilding process, this time around on a solid foundation. Living apart from my wife made today's dare incredibly difficult, she's always been a big fan of Sherrie's Berries so I ordered that, but she won't get it until tomorrow.

As far as the last question goes this is one I've struggled with for some time, I thought about it today. This whole dare thing can make you feel like you're submitting to your partner. The selfish side of me wonders if she'll return the same respect, am I doing this all in vane? Is she going to keep expecting more from me? Am I going to lose who I am? Struggling with your pride is a hard thing to do, I will continue to push on I'm a quarter of the way done, it's starting to feel like everyday is going to become more difficult though.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Default Apr. 21

DB Front Raises: 4X10

Incline Bench Reverse Flys: 4X10

Machine Press: 5X10

BB Shrugs: 5X10

Cable Upright Rows: 5X10

EZ Bar Curls: 4X10

Reverse Machine Curls: 4X10

Shoulders are still a weak point, strength is going up, but nowhere near where it needs to be, but I'm content with the results thus far.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

Default Love Dare Day 11

What need does your spouse have that you could meet today? Can you run an errand? Give a back rub or foot massage? Is there housework you could help with? Choose a gesture that says, "I cherish you" and do it with a smile.

What did you choose to show that you cherish your mate? What did you learn from this experience?

Today I chose to take on planning all the details for my son's first b-day party in Reno. I learned that there's a lot of things that I should just do to lighten her daily load, I shouldn't be doing them only on special occasions.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Default Apr. 22

Core training circuit.

MB V-ups: 3X15

Lumberjacks: 3X45 sec

Planks: 3X45 sec

Seated rotation: 3X30

Jackknives: 3X45 sec

Just wanted to get in there and get some good core work in, tomorrow I'll be hitting up legs.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Default Love Dare Day 12

Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.

What issue did you choose? What did giving in cost you? How will this help you in the future?

I chose to give in on the issue of her smoking. I can't count how many times we've argued about this, and this issue just branches off into other issues, then the insults begin to fly. Do I think she's right, not a chance, I stand strongly by my views, and I feel like a punk that I have given into this issue. I'd say that today's dare is by far the toughest to date, because more in on the line than just my pride, her health, and the example she's setting for the kids, I just wish she'd learn to cope with stress in a healthy manner, but I guess all I can do now is pray.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.

What issue did you choose? What did giving in cost you? How will this help you in the future?

I chose to give in on the issue of her smoking. I can't count how many times we've argued about this, and this issue just branches off into other issues, then the insults begin to fly. Do I think she's right, not a chance, I stand strongly by my views, and I feel like a punk that I have given into this issue. I'd say that today's dare is by far the toughest to date, because more in on the line than just my pride, her health, and the example she's setting for the kids, I just wish she'd learn to cope with stress in a healthy manner, but I guess all I can do now is pray.
That would be tough. I don't think I could do it.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano