Renovating the temple of the Holy Spirit - Page 69 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 05:13 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

How is the family situation? I can completely relate to it, I don't know how you cope, but I have found that getting myself into a daily routine keeps my mind off of things. Stay strong brother! Your workouts and dedication are impressive also

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
How is the family situation? I can completely relate to it, I don't know how you cope, but I have found that getting myself into a daily routine keeps my mind off of things. Stay strong brother! Your workouts and dedication are impressive also
It's a difficult situation, my son is 8 months old and seems to be taking it really hard, my wife said this weekend is the happiest he's been in a couple weeks. Luckily we've been able to keep my daughter who turns 5 next Friday pretty occupied. My wife on the other hand is taking it pretty hard, it's a rough job to care for two children with little help. It's something that I pray for strength about daily, I've never been big on talking on the phone so this is an adjustment that I'm having to make, those lines of communication are vital to any relationship. Thanks for checking in.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Worked out with my brother in law not a bad workout climate change between states always gets to me but I powered through it. Tomorrow I drive back home then back down here on Thursday.
More humid in California?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
More humid in California?
I think it's the temperature change, when I had left Reno it was snowing, wasn't too hot there, but a lot hotter than I'm use to.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default Apr. 11

Machine Pullups: 5X10

CG Cable Rows: 5X10

Deadlift: 4X10

Hammer Strength Pulldowns: 5X10

Jackknives: 3X10

Planks: 3X45 sec

Machine Crunches: 3X10

Each week I'm getting stronger in the pull up department, getting really close to doing an actual one just have to keep at it. Everything else felt great, like I said this month I'm not concerned about my weight, hypertrophy, the way I look in the mirror, just looking to get that joint strong and the last few degrees of ROM. Today I was able to get the squat bar behind my head with little stress, if I keep at the stretching this week I think by next leg workout I will be able to comfortably do them.

On another note today I've started what is called "The Love Dare", it was made famous in the movie "Fireproof", it's a 40 day journey that if I devote my heart to it I should come out a better husband and better person in general. I'm telling you right now hardcore workouts don't scare me, but this will be tough, I'm going to have to rewire the way I've been thinking for years, but she's worth it. I'm supposed to keep a daily journey of everything I know keeping a public journal of my workouts has helped me a lot, so why not put this up here as well to keep me motivated and honest. So login and watch your fellow ABC'er struggle.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Default Day 1

The first part of the dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret.

Did anything happen today to cause anger towards your mate? Were you tempted to think disapproving thoughts and to let them come out in words?

I was on the phone tonight with my wife, she had gotten a CD in the mail for our Anti virus software. She asked me a question that I had already answered multiple times in the last few days. I found myself getting ready to snap at her, I can't stand answering the same question over and over again. I stopped myself took a deep breath and calmly answered the question again. This is going to be a rough 40 days because I know patience is something that I greatly lack, and I know those triggers happen quite often throughout my day, will I always be able to stop myself before saying something negative? I don't know. This has definitely been added to my pray list tonight.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I am going to have to rent Fireproof

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-12-2011, 01:44 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

I guess you are a better/stronger person than me. When I left the family, we only had 1 son and he was 3 months old...I could not imagine leaving right now. My kids are 4,2 and 2months...the older 2 would not handle it well. I pray your wife is able to stay strong through this..she has a tough job! I LOVE the 40 day journey...I'm gonna have to look into it, I have been trying to improve myself these days as well..you're my hero!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Default Apr. 12

Machine Press: 5X10

Smith Machine Incline: 5X10

DB Flys: 5X10

Bent over Cable Tricep Ext: 5X10

Skullcrushers: 5X10

V-Grip Pushdowns: 5X10

Good workout, got up to 165 on machine press, so my strength is increasing weekly, next week I'll see where I'm at on flat bench again, hoping by the end up the month to be around 150 on bench.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Default Love Dare Day 2

In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

What discoveries about love did you make today? What specifically did you do in this dare? How did you show kindness?

I can only imagine the stress my wife goes through on a daily basis being apart from me and having to raises two children on her own. This whole separation wouldn't be possible without love, when I really sit down and think it through I discover how much she loves me by all she does for this family. Knowing that my wife is under a lot of stress I asked her today if there was anything I could do from Reno to lighten her load. On top of that I'm still struggling with the patience part and biting my tongue before I say anything, this will probably be the toughest thing of all.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal