Renovating the temple of the Holy Spirit - Page 64 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 04:40 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

I'm now a quarter of the way done with rehab. Saw the Dr. this week he was extremely pleased with my progress and signed off on the next stage of my physical therapy which entails strengthening via weights, and no limitations on getting my movement back. The change in training has left me pretty sore but I haven't allowed that from keeping me doing it at least twice a day. My arm is doing really good I find myself using it all the time now and I'm able to drive my stick shift once again. On another not anyone who has followed my journal for an extended amount of time probably remembers the back problems I was having last year. I was lucky to have Mike Z. design me a program to strengthen my core which looks to be really intense, I'll be starting that in the near future, I'll keep everyone posted on that.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 01-22-2011, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

7 weeks in now and doing great, my overhead motion is to 160 degrees which is 10-15 off where it needs to be. External rotation I'm at 75 degrees, 15 degrees off where I need to be. Internal rotation I'm right where I need to be. Getting stronger as well, everything is looking really good. I find when I look to glorify God through my recovery rather than thinking about getting healthy for the gym or wrestling my mind is where it needs to be. Another update will come next week.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Amen, continue to glorify God, you are an inspiration. It was because of you that I have tried to be more appreciative in prayer for the health God has given me, trying to remember to pray before and after training sessions, keep things in focus.

And this was before your injury, I remember way back in your journal you talked about keeping training in focus spiritually.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Amen, continue to glorify God, you are an inspiration. It was because of you that I have tried to be more appreciative in prayer for the health God has given me, trying to remember to pray before and after training sessions, keep things in focus.

And this was before your injury, I remember way back in your journal you talked about keeping training in focus spiritually.
Thanks, I was reading through my journal a few weeks back and realized that I had lost focus in the last year. This injury has been humbling, but at the same time it has forced me once again to rely on the Lord and not myself, so I'm thankful for that.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-29-2011, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

A third of the way done with rehab, this week has been a rough one, I'm in PT once a week but I find myself dreading the appointments more and more, at this point in the process the stretching is no holds barred. Found myself thinking negative this week, but I know where that's coming from and I refuse to quit, I will continue to bust my ***, and I will get better.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 01-29-2011, 10:53 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
A third of the way done with rehab, this week has been a rough one, I'm in PT once a week but I find myself dreading the appointments more and more, at this point in the process the stretching is no holds barred. Found myself thinking negative this week, but I know where that's coming from and I refuse to quit, I will continue to bust my ***, and I will get better.
I have nothing but confidence in you man. Keep working.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 01-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
I have nothing but confidence in you man. Keep working.
Thanks man, it's been a long road, but I know in the end it will be well worth it. Got a lot to be thankful for, especially the fact that I can once again hold my son with two hands, so I've come along way since September.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 02-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 3

Yesterday I was told that I had graduated from PT and was able to return to the gym with a few restrictions. So all of you who know me well know that I was at the gym 4AM this morning doing what I'm able to do.

Cable Rows: 4X10

Lat Pulldowns: 4X10

Back Ext: 4X10

BB Rows: 4X10

Deadlifts: 4X10

DB Curls: 4X10

EZ Bar Curls: 4X10

Tri Pushdowns: 4X10

Cable Kickbacks: 4X10

Hanging Knee Raises: 3X10

Machine Crunches: 3X10

Oblique Crunches: 3X10

Cable Crunches: 3X10

Seems like a lot but the weight is so small that I was able to get through all of this in an hour. I know I still have a long road ahead, but felt good to be back in there today. Right now it's all about gradually getting the shoulder use to supporting weight. In the process I'll probably occlude the arms so I can experience hypertrophy while gaining that shoulder strength back.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

What great news!

Even though you said the weight was light, I bet you will be SORE tomorrow since you've had an extended time away from the gym.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default Feb. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
What great news!

Even though you said the weight was light, I bet you will be SORE tomorrow since you've had an extended time away from the gym.
My shoulder is sore, the rest of my body isn't too bad right now.

Bench: 4X15

Incline 4X15

DB Front Raises: 4X10

Shrugs: 4X10

Not much to today's workout I was told to do higher reps on all my push exercises until about 4 months out. I tried some overhead press, but at this point my ROM hinders me, I won't be allowed to gain that portion back until the 4 month mark as well. At this point it's all about staying motivated, any progress is good in my book.

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal