Steward of the Temple - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Vathris is in PAIN!
Stranger

Arrow Steward of the Temple

Six months ago I finally did it, I took the plunge and started my second life long commitment... I married a wonderful woman (FYI the first commitment was to my Lord and Savior).

Now I am beginning another life long commitment to being a faithful steward over my body. For the past two weeks, I have been making the transition from an unhealthy diet to a fat burning diet.

I have given up my unhealthy vices and I am moving on while designating the money I spent towards said vices to my new lifestyle. To kick start my commitment, I am stepping into Jacob Wilson's fantastic 13 week diet and exercise program.

I got my hands on vitamins, and protein formulas and threw out all of my unhealthy foods in the fridge.

This week I started back at the gym, and I am devoting my first week to getting my body somewhat re-acclimated to weight lifting.

I will begin my log starting Monday, 01/05/08.

As a side note, do any of you think I should invest in a pre-workout mix like 'NO Xplode' or 'Muscle-Rx'?
Starting Stats:

Michael - 23 Years Old, 5 - 7, 205 pounds ()

Last edited by Vathris; 01-07-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:05 PM
NJI is gaining weight!!
Hyperplasia Aggressor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vathris View Post
As a side note, do any of you think I should invest in a pre-workout mix like 'NO Xplode' or 'Muscle-Rx'?
Nope! Here's what I do:

60 Minutes Pre-workout
1.5 scoops whey
bowl of oatmeal
large glass of water

30 Minutes Pre-workout
1 serving Champion Amino Shooter +core +energy booster
-or-
1 or 2 serving BCAAs

I don't have the amino shooter every time because it has caffeine in it and I don't want my body to start resisting it's effects.

Also, bring a gallon jug of water to the gym with you. Try to drink atleast 1/2 of it during your workout! Studies show that even slight amount of dehydration can decrease your performance significantly!

"When your vision is powerful enough, everything else falls into place: how you live your life, your workouts, what friends you choose to hang out with, how you eat, what you do for fun. Vision is purpose, and when your purpose is clear so are your life choices. Vision creates faith and faith creates willpower. With faith there is no anxiety, no doubt - just absolute confidence." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Old 01-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Vathris is in PAIN!
Stranger

Default W1-D1 Monday January 5th 2008

Thanks for the input NJI, I'll try that out.

OK so lets go over what has happened so far.

W1-D1 Monday January 5th 2008

Workout: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Traps

First day on the 13 Week Plan and the workout was rough, I really have lost a lot of strength since my old gym days. I was unable to finish my last one or two reps at the gym (no spotter) but I finished clean. I really was embarrassed with how few ponds I was able to lift but I know I will get back up there with persistence.

Diet

The diet was actually a lot of fun and I have been playing around with lean foods trying to find the best combo for myself.

Well that's it for W1-D1

Last edited by Vathris; 01-07-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Vathris is in PAIN!
Stranger

Default W1-D2 Tuesday January 6th 2008

W1-D2 Tuesday January 6th 2008

Workout:

Biceps, Triceps & Forearms

Great workout today, I invested in a pre workout mix and I ingested a good bit of creoteen and I had the greatest pump of my life. My forarms felt like they were about to explode! I finished all sets and reps and finished clean and exhausted.

Diet:

Firmed up some more diet meals.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Welcome to abc, I'll be following along bro. Congrats on the marriage.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Vathris is in PAIN!
Stranger

Default Diet & Nutrition

Ok this post is to lay out what vitamins and supplements etc I have obtained as a reference.

Pills, Powders & Shakes:

Creatine (Powder)
Flax (Powder)
Glutamine (Powder)
Glucosamine & MTM (Pill)
Green Tea (Pill)
Meal Substitution (Shake)
Muscle Milk (Powder)
NO XPLODE (Powder)*
Whey Protein (Powder)
Zink (Pill 50 mg)

* I already purchased the powered before reading NJI's post, luckily I got the powder for a steal

In the AM:
As soon as I wake, I consume: Green Tea, Glutamine (5 grams), Glucosamine and Zink while drinking my meal substitution.

30 Mins Pre-Workout:
Creatine, Glutamine (5 grams), & NO XPLODE (Note: NO XPLODE is crazy, I consume it and in less than 30 mins I feel such an amp. I have so much energy, and I have to go the the gym to get it all out)

Post-Workout:
Creatine, Glutamine (5 grams), Whey Protein & Muscle Milk

Each one of those ingestions are considered one of my six meals, the other three contain chicken, oats, sweet potatoes & tuna.

If there is anything that you guys think I am missing please let me know, I have set aside some cash so I can do this right.

Thanks!

Last edited by Vathris; 01-07-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Vathris is in PAIN!
Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Welcome to abc, I'll be following along bro. Congrats on the marriage.
Thank you for taking an interest, I hope to add more in depth info as I get comfortable with the journal.