Goodbye fatty, hello ripped!! any help out there?? - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 PM
palomino78 should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default Goodbye fatty, hello ripped!! any help out there??

Ok, so here is my stats (embarrassing as they may be):
age 30
height 5'6"
weight 171
bf%- couldnt tell ya, dont EVEN want to know yet!

I am following a eating style of high protein, moderate carb, moderate fat. Like a 60-20-20 ish macro breakdown. I eat oatmeal in the morning with a shake, then chicken and brown rice and chicken and veggies during the day, sometimes tuna or tuna on toast. After 4 I dont eat carbs unless they come from my veggies. I also do not eat after 8 at night (unless the gym runs late, then I have my PWO shake later). My morning meal can take or leave the oats, depends on how I feel- sometimes I will just have egg beaters in a wrap.

My training is going SLOW so far- I feel totally out of shape!! I have been doing one body part or two (if I decide to do a push/pull) a day, sets of 15,12,10 with jumprope intervals in between sets. Then Im doing 20 minutes of PWO cardio on the elliptical. Im trying to start getting up and going to the gym in the morning to do cardio on an empty stomach, but havent done so yet..

My training is going like this:

Monday:
triceps/jumprope intervals
15 mins PWO sprint intervals ( I cant run worth a crap right now!!)

Tuesday:
biceps/jumprope intervals
20 mins PWO on elliptical, 10 min sprint intervals

Wednesday:
Back/jumprope intervals, abs
20 mins PWO on elliptical

Thursday:
Legs (Lord help me, I hate leg day!)
30 mins walking on treadmill- I have issues with my legs working after squats LOL

Friday:
chest/jumprope intervals, abs
30 mins interval cardio

Saturday:
off/cardio

Sunday:
off/cardio

So what do you all think of my plan thus far?? I am going to change up my training in 4 weeks to different exercises and go a little heavier too!

Thanks ahead for all your help!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Stranger

Bueller? Bueller? Im staking out on this thread so I wont go watch tv and chow down! ok, Im going to go make my self some crystal lite.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:18 AM
Fahsy should change his/her status!
Heavyweight

If you are just starting out, I think you would be better suited with a full body routine or an upper/lower split rather than focusing on one body part each day.

The sprint intervals will do you well, good choice. Thought if you are just starting off, you may want to start out slow with them and work your way up. Same with diet - what did you diet look like to start?

BTW, carbs at night are not bad - you body won't store them as fat based on the time of day. However, I would recommend having you 2 largest carb meals around your workout (pre/post) regardless of the time of day.

Good luck!
Old 12-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Stranger

I am just starting out. I will tweak my weights so Im doing upper/lower split. Im still going to do the jumprope intervals between sets tho- not for too long, just to keep my heart going. Thanks for the help- I will keep you posted on my training and progress.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:15 AM
Stranger

LOL Im a stranger!! Too funny.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by palomino78 View Post
I am just starting out. I will tweak my weights so Im doing upper/lower split. Im still going to do the jumprope intervals between sets tho- not for too long, just to keep my heart going. Thanks for the help- I will keep you posted on my training and progress.
I have done jump rope intervals between sets, it feels awesome and will leave you feeling like you had both a great weight training AND cardio session when you are done! Looking foward to following your progress.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 12-05-2008, 07:05 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
LOL Im a stranger!! Too funny.
first off welcome, what are your goals? some people find better results with three day split instead of five, personally i have no priority i workout when i feel like it which can be 3-12 times a week,
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Stranger

OMG I just got done at the gym. Legs, gotta love em. I did abs also, but since Im recovering from a c section, that training is kind of light to start with. I followed with 20 minutes hauling *** on the elliptical. Im going to go back tonight to do more cardio.
extensions- 70 x 10, 10, 8, 5
lunges w/ 20 lb bb- 40 walking (not quite to 510 just yet) and tripped the last one LOL
bench step ups w/ 15 lb dbs- 10 each leg, then 6 each leg
leg curls- 50 x 15, 15, 10
leg press- 115 x 50, 25, 15

flutter kicks x 40
crunches x 50
be gentle, Im still just getting started I will have more impressive workouts as I get stronger and more agile.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Stranger

OH, and my goal (for the immediate future- like 4-6 months) is to drop around 40 pounds and shred to the teens in bf%. After that I want to build a little more in the quad and butt areas (Im the only chick I know that wants a bigger butt LOL)
Old 12-05-2008, 10:47 PM
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator

Quote:
OH, and my goal (for the immediate future- like 4-6 months) is to drop around 40 pounds and shred to the teens in bf%. After that I want to build a little more in the quad and butt areas (Im the only chick I know that wants a bigger butt LOL)
nothing wrong with a girl that has back squats are good for this. lose weight then i'd recommend carbs at breakfast, pre / post workout rest of meals no carbs only veg