big_m's first training log - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 01:50 AM
big_m is working hard
Stranger

Default big_m's first training log

I started the 24 Mass Blitz and the Mass Blitz diet today. Previously I had been on a powerlifting 5x5, all barbell, compound program. I have nearly reached my first goal of squatting 1.5 x's my body weight, and I'm ready to add mass. I have been working out seriously since February. I don't have any specific goals for this program other than to make every workout intense, and follow the diet plan.

Today was Chest, Shoulder, Triceps day
Decline Bench 6, 8, 8 superset with flat dumbell fly's on the last set
Incline Bench 6, 8, 8 superset with inclice dumbbell fly's on the last set
Dumbbell shoulder press, 5 x 8 pyramiding up and back down
Standing side lateral raises 6, 8, 8
Behind the back Triceps dips 10, 10, 8, 6, 6 with no weight.

I used the Smith Machine on the Bench presses due to not having a workout partner. I was able to Press with 215 lbs! the shoulder presses were rough. Shoulders are my weakest body part. I can't wait to add size/strength to them. I started the pyramid with 10's and made it all the way to 30's. For the Triceps, I added a 25 lb weight to my lap. I need to add more weight to increase the difficulty.

You never know what your body can handle until you go all out. Going all out today felt great. As I sit here typing this, I can feel every muscle in my chest, shoulders and triceps. I can't wait for my next workout.

My diet today was pretty clean. I followed the plan, and ate cleanly. My greatest hurdle is remembering to eat during my day. I'm a school teacher, a pastor, and a father and am pretty busy.

I am taking Whey, Creatine, and a Multi vitamin. The Whey contains Glutamine, and the Creatine contains Arginine.
"Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 HCSB.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:46 AM
big_m is working hard
Stranger

Sorry for the lack of updates, but my jobs have been crazy. I've had a really great week of workouts on this program and am staring my second week. I haven't been this sore since I first began. It's awesome to feel all my muscles and know that they have been pushed to the limit - especially the wide and narrow grip pull ups - I'm doing a lot of negatives.

My goals for this program are pretty general, but I'm hoping to bring up my shoulders and arms. My chest legs and back have responded quite well to my previous training, but I'm lagging in upper arm development.

Question, how much cardio can I do on this program? The article said avoid strenuous activity, but Venom also wrote elsewhere about the importance of including some cardio even while bulking? Any ideas?
"Do you not know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 HCSB.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:13 PM
big_m is working hard
Stranger

Second week of workouts went great. I'm on to the third week. I'm excited to feel like I'm progressing. 3-4 days after the workout I can feel that my muscles have been worked hard. I'm still wondering about cardio while on this program. Any ideas?

I haven't measured properly, but I can see a little bit of growth in my chest, arms and shoulders, (which is where I need it).
Old 12-16-2008, 07:09 PM
President Wilson is hard at work
Administrator

Wow,

working out since February and already squatting nearly 1.5 times your bodyweight! Thats nuts! Thats cool about you being a Pastor and teacher as well, way to go!

About me --> http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/presidentprofile.html