Commanding My Body - Page 96 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 07:33 AM
antisteroids is IN LOVE WITH OLD STYLE HACK SQUATS
Middleweight

maybe I need a harness? nice work commander...by the way you move way faster than I do lol!

in life there are choices[good\bad] and inbetween
those choices there are doors

PUSH ME DOWN I DARE YOU KEEP ME DOWN
YEAH RIGHT!
Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

yeah, that tire wanted to pickup off the ground..you're flyin man
Old 05-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
maybe I need a harness?
The harness was necessary for me because 1) I broke my belt connecting the tire ropes to it and 2) I want my hands free for sprints.

For regular drags I sometimes just grab onto the ends of the ropes.
And for backwards dragging to hit the quads, the harness obviously doesn't work so I have to grab the ropes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
nice work commander...by the way you move way faster than I do lol!
Well, hopefully the video wasn't misleading. I wasn't sprinting with the 50 extra pounds. That was just the tire. I've read that sprinting with more than 10% of bodyweight as resistance can mess up your form, so the 27lb tire is already about 15% of my bodyweight.

But I am kind of curious to just TRY sprinting with a few extra pounds sometime. That might be fun in a tortuous sort of way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
yeah, that tire wanted to pickup off the ground..you're flyin man
Thanks, once again, it was only the tire at that point, hopefully that doesn't disappoint anyone who might have been misled by the video. Sorry.

-------

Pull Day

Chin
BW (plus 15) BW+75
BW+10 x11

Max weight and max reps are both PR's

T-Bar
115 (plus 10) 165x5
130x12
105x15

Reverse Curl - 60 seconds rest
55x10, 8, 5

Jump Rope - done throughout workout
10x1 minute intervals

Light cable curls to finish off

Earlier in the day, I was hiking and doing some minor rock climbing (no gear)for about 3 hours with my family.

Starting to feel lean. I'm likin' it.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Squat

5/3/1 - 5 rep day

Sprints with tire:

Two different types of people: The first neighbor to talk with me is outside on his cell phone, he tells the guy he is talking to "Hold on one second," and asks me "What are you training for?" He is very friendly about it, I tell him that I am just trying to get in better shape, he asks "Why drag a tire?", I tell him that we used to do stuff like this when I was in high school track and field, and I was in good shape then, so I figured I'd give it a try again. (There is more to this answer, but I could tell this guy wasn't asking for science) He says he is getting a workout just watching me sprint with the tire. We laugh and he goes back to his phone call.

Second neighbor, an older lady, leans off her porch, "Can you do that somewhere else? It's really making my dog bark!" I politely said that this alley was actually the perfect place to do it (she walked away before I could explain why which was due to the near flatness of the alley and the lack of traffic). I was frustrated because I have NEVER blamed my dog barking on someone else. Dogs BARK, that is what they do, they bark to say "hi", they bark to say "get away from my yard", they bark to say "hey, did you hear me bark?" Furthermore, if MY dog barks and he is getting annoying, I bring him back inside. I don't let him bark and bark and bark and bark while disturbing the entire neighborhood.

I hope I don't become a grumpy old person, lol!

Squats were not impressive although my form felt good. I don't know if I should be expecting less from my squats now because I am doing so much tire sled work. I am confused, but I will keep plugging away with them.

--------------------

Push Day

Seated OH Press
110 (plus 10) 160x3
125x10

Max weight and max rep sets were both PRs. I don't know how long I can keep hitting PRs on a cut, but I will take it. I wish I was hitting squat PRs......oh wait, I am, I am hitting personal records for suckyness.

Flat Bench
140 (plus 15) 215x5
170x13

Seated OH took a lot out me, flat bench numbers were far from normal. However, I don't usually use flat bench as a second exercise, which is obviously going to effect things.

Elbows out ext - 60 seconds rest
30x10, 9, 8

Face Pull - 60 seconds rest
45x14, 10, 8

----------------------

Diet update

8 weeks into cut - 9.1 lbs lost

Bodyweight average last week: 191.4
Bodyweight average this week: 190.9

I dropped all between meal calories this past week, it was hard the first two days as my body made the transition. I believe now my body is adjusted to not having the glucose as an energy source all day and will have to turn to alternative fuel sources.

This was a good week, starting to feel lean. I am doing the Layne Norton plan with BCAA's between meals. I weighed in at 192 this morning, but that was the Memorial Day cookout last night, not too worried about that.

I am keeping my macros the same this week, see if I can eek out some more fat loss before dropping calories again.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights

Last edited by Commander; 06-01-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

Pull Day

Pendlay Row - started to warm up for these and felt a tweak in my left hamstring. It was probably from sprinting yesterday morning. I have been diligent with warming up properly and stretching after sprints, but yesterday was the exception, and I paid for it with a tweaked hamstring.

I switched it up to T-bar rows hoping the slightly different angle of pull would be easier on the hamstring. It was.

T-Bar
135 (plus 10) 185x3
150x11

PR on max weight and max rep sets

Pullup
BW (plus 10) BW+30 x5
BWx10

Inc Curl - 60 second rest
22x11, 6, 6

NG Pulldown - 60 second rest
10, 8

Ab Wheel
13, 10, 8

Awhile ago I made one of these:

Decided to make use of it today

Forearm Roller - 1 rep is rolling it from the floor until all the rope is around the pole.
7.5 x 2 reps wrist extension
7.5 x 2 reps wrist flexion

Jump Rope
10 x 1 minute intervals

Last edited by Commander; 06-02-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Off last night, watched my 9 year do a presentation at school about the Chinese Language.

Weighed in at 192 for the last 3 mornings, I may have to make some adjustments calorie wise.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Sweet forearm roller. We had one similar in my old gym. I am not genetically gifted in the forearm area (not many areas for that matter), so I will be killin them come bulk time.

As for the older lady, man people like that can really hit a nerve. Dogs bark, that's what they do! This situation is one that really requires patience.

Good work on the cut, looks like you are averaging just over a pound a week.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Sweet forearm roller. We had one similar in my old gym. I am not genetically gifted in the forearm area (not many areas for that matter), so I will be killin them come bulk time.
Thanks, mine is actually sweeter than the picture I found on the internet, I put a ring on the end of my rope and use carabiner to attach it to a weight holder device.

Quote:
As for the older lady, man people like that can really hit a nerve. Dogs bark, that's what they do! This situation is one that really requires patience.
I appreciate the reminder to be patient. I will try my best.

Quote:
Good work on the cut, looks like you are averaging just over a pound a week.
Thanks, it's been easy thus far, hopefully I can continue to make progress when it gets tougher, time to get lean.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

goodwork on the pullups man..thats a lot of poundage for a cut!!!

how is the no calories between meals going? i too am feeling lean..but eating like a freakin horse man..if I try to cut, its game over...ill lose everything! lol...so as long as I can maintain 12-14% while eating however I want...i dont see a cut in my future! lol
Old 06-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
goodwork on the pullups man..thats a lot of poundage for a cut!!!
Thanks.

Quote:
how is the no calories between meals going? i too am feeling lean..but eating like a freakin horse man..if I try to cut, its game over...ill lose everything! lol...so as long as I can maintain 12-14% while eating however I want...i dont see a cut in my future! lol
The no calories is great, it affected my hunger levels the first few days as my adjusted. It really helped me start to feel lean, like I can feel the cut working now.

Two months ago I didn't think I was going to cut, but then I started feeling like my 200lbs were too soft, furthermore, I figured vacation was coming (now past) and summer as well so I jumped into it. I am happy with it thus far.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength