Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Excellent grammar on my part.
Does not worried, me grammar be more worsely somestime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
I'm weighing about 189 in the mornings and 191 at night. As hard as you work, you'll maintain just fine, maybe even get a little stronger...just keep pumping Through The Never.
Thanks, I plan to....still jamming to "Justice for All"

-----

So I am driving my son home from soccer practice and I look to my left and see some guys flipping a huge tire in a parking lot and pushing a jeep up an incline! I was thrilled, so I pulled my car over and spoke with them. They are a group of combat sports trainees. Every Monday from 7pm to 8pm they get outside and do crazy stuff like flipping big tires. They invited me to join them (they must have known than anyone who would pull over and talk to them was like-minded) so I can't wait for next Monday. Furthermore, they are opening up a new gym in my town, now I probably won't join just due to the fact that I don't have the money to spare and I already have a home gym, but I was happy to hear that there will be, what I would assume to be, a decent hardcore gym in my area!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
So I am driving my son home from soccer practice and I look to my left and see some guys flipping a huge tire in a parking lot and pushing a jeep up an incline! I was thrilled, so I pulled my car over and spoke with them. They are a group of combat sports trainees. Every Monday from 7pm to 8pm they get outside and do crazy stuff like flipping big tires. They invited me to join them (they must have known than anyone who would pull over and talk to them was like-minded) so I can't wait for next Monday. Furthermore, they are opening up a new gym in my town, now I probably won't join just due to the fact that I don't have the money to spare and I already have a home gym, but I was happy to hear that there will be, what I would assume to be, a decent hardcore gym in my area!
That's awesome. It is refreshing to see people training like this.

Also, nice work on the cut thus far. Keep at it!

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Old 05-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
That's awesome. It is refreshing to see people training like this.
Unbelievably refreshing, I was like a little kid at Christmas when I saw them flipping that tire.

I was talking to one of the older gentlemen in the bunch, he was a trainer of the trainees, and he asked where I currently workout. I told him at my home, I didn't know of anyone else doing this style of workout in my town. He said himself and all the other trainees were in the same boat before the found each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Also, nice work on the cut thus far. Keep at it!
Thanks, I am determined to take it as far as it needs to go. Visually, the 8 lbs haven't made much of a difference yet, but I think I am getting to a point where it will start to help with definition in various areas. Also, I can feel the difference in my pants through the waist even though I don't look much different. I hope that I can blast my lower back fat, that is one of my most stubborn areas, that and my pecs.

---------

Worked a midnight shift last night and now I am working my regular shift (7:30 to 3:30), so no workout last night and today I hope to hit the bed early.

Deadlifts on the agenda for Wednesday.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 05-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Deadlift Day

Rack Deadlift (4 pin - at knees)
306 (plus 30) 456x3, 466x3

ss w/

Hang Clean
60x3 each set

Iso Deadlift - pulling from a deficit to knee level then holding for 10 seconds
226x4 sets of 10 seconds

ss w/

Hang Clean
85x3 each set

Depth Jump
BWx10, 3 sets

ss w/

Step Ups
110x10, 10, 15

Old 05-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, my lats are absolutely hammered from the deadlift day, those iso-deadlifts create so much tension in the lats it is unbelievable. The neat part is, the soreness goes so deep, I feel like it has to be stimulating massive growth. That's my hope anyway!

------

Push Day

Push Press
135 (plus 10) 195x3
150x10

Inc Bench
150 (plus 15) 195x5
150x13

Rolling DB Ext - 60 seconds rest
25x9, 22x6, 6

Here is a video of how they are supposed to be done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA4rBFbYl98

It was my first time, so my form was a bit off. They are surprisingly difficult.

Face Pull - 60 seconds rest
42.5 x 13, 10, 9

OK workout.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

It's been awhile since I posted any detailed info about my diet, here goes:

I am cutting currently, however, on a bulk my diet is the same but more oats basically and between meal oats as well.

Breakfast

*Breakfast and lunch Oats are soaked the night before with lemon juice and water, then drained before eating. Reason being....

Nuts and seeds have phytic acid in their coating, which is a known mineral and enzyme blocker and is broken down in the sprouting process. If eaten without breaking it down first, phytic acid inhibits the absorption of a variety of minerals and trace minerals, and can neutralize our digestive enzymes

This results in many of the digestive disorders experienced by people that eat unsprouted grains. Eating nuts and seeds without soaking them in quality drinking water for at least 8-12 hours to break down the phytic acid can, and frequently does, block our digestive enzymes from functioning.

3.5 scoops oats (each scoop is 1/3 cup)
1/8 cup raisins
1.5 servings whey
tspn BCAA
0.5 skim milk

Lunch
3 whole eggs
3.5 scoops oats (each scoop is 1/3 cup)
1/8 cup raisins
1.0 servings whey

Dinner
Whatever my wife cooks, typically chicken/rice/veggies, occasionally beef or potatoes to replace chicken or rice

Pre-Bed

* Almonds are soaked all day, see above explanation about oats.

Serving almonds
1 whole egg
1.5 servings whey
tspn BCAA
0.5 skim milk

Non-training macros:
2831 calories, 97 fat, 311 carb, 180 protein

PWO:
513 calories, 3 fat, 91.5 carb, 30 protein, 2 tspn BCAA (8g BCAA, 4 of which are leucine), 1 tspn creatine

Water intake:

On non-training days is 12 cups per day plus 4 cups green tea. PWO is 1.5 litres of water which comes to just over 6 cups.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Supplements and Vitamins used:

Multivitamin, Creatine, Whey – self explanatory

Over the years, I wrote down explanations for myself as to why I used various supplements and vitamins in case I forgot, lol. Here is what I have collected.

Vitamin C – increasing the performance of the immune system. Perhaps one of Vitamin C's best attributes is its amazing anti-oxidant ability. Vitamin C protects the cells of the body and may prevent damage caused to them by aging and arthritis (aids the body in creating collagen, which in turn helps your joints recover). Some studies printed in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research have shown that taking Vitamin C in doses of 1000 mg per day reduced the secretion of cortisol, allowing one's muscles to grow and lift better. I use 500mg with breakfast.

Vitamin E – Vitamin E defends all cell membranes in the body from oxidative stress, promoting better health and immunity from illness, while increasing virility. Fish oil undergoes oxidation and can become rancid, leading to formation of free radicals. Addition of antioxidants such as vitamin E to fish oil can help prevent the formation of these free radicals. Excessive dosage of fish oil leads to reduction of Vitamin E in the human body. This loss of Vitamin E should be supplemented with external Vitamin E supplements. 270 IU with breakfast.

Fish Oil – helps with Cell membrane health, turn on the lipolytic genes (fat burning genes) (for this benefitm, try Take 2-3 grams of EPA/DHA per day. I am getting 1.8 grams), turn off the lipogenic genes (fat storage genes), increase utilization of fat stores from the adipocytes, reduced inflammation from physical training. (i.e., helps joints feel better), EPA regulates blood supply to the brain that is essential in maintaining focus in weight training sessions. DHA is important in brain membranes, memory and cognitive function, will improve your cardio-vascular risk profile by lowering VLDL, triglycerides, homocysteine, fibrinogen and increasing HDL levels. (need 1 to 1.5 grams of EPA/DHA), can also decrease blood pressure by several mechanisms and fish oils help manage insulin response. 11 capsules taken throughout the day.

Calcium - Calcium is the primary mineral involved in muscular contraction, the structural stress from weight training requires a steady supply of calcium to maintain high bone density, it is also very important in fat metabolization, lowers the blood pressure, may reduce stress and definitely improves the quality of sleep. 1200mg in the morning and afternoon.

Vitamin D - http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_nutrition/d_is_for_doping;jsessionid=FD00B6B4D71062B332BF868 5662D0010.hydra

800 IU Dosage in the morning and afternoon.

Green tea - increases metabolic rate and fat burning, it is good for digestion, and it acts to inhibit breast tumor growth, improves liver detoxification of estrogen, reduces aromatase and lowers levels of damaging estrogens, protects against estrogen-specific free radicals and carcinogens. 4 bags per day.

Chromium – It enhances insulin's effect in the body, improving the uptake of glucose, thereby causing better blood circulation and maintenance of blood sugar level. 500mcg with PWO.

Vitamin B-6 - Protein metabolism, growth and carbohydrate utilization are all made possible in part by the presence of vitamin B6. Like Thiamine, studies on Pyridoxine in athletic performance show a definite increased need for athletes and possible performance enhancement from supplementation. It's the only vitamin directly tied to protein intake. The more protein you eat, the more Pyridoxine you need. Vitamin B6, through its involvement in protein metabolism and cellular growth, is important to the immune system. Vitamin B6 also helps maintain your blood glucose (sugar) within a normal range. 50mg with lunch.

Magnesium - Magnesium is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, and bones strong. It is also involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis. It has a pivotal role in both anaerobic and aerobic energy production, particularly in the metabolism of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the 'energy currency' of the body. Plus, it may increase the effect of growth hormone. 500mg in the evening.

Zinc - First, Zinc is crucial for health because it strengthens the immune system. It is also essential to cell division, growth, and repair. Zinc plays an important role in the detoxification of alcohol in the liver, aides in digestion, and increases the production of protein. Second, it is involved in over 200 enzymatic reactions, and aides the body in the actions of several hormones, such as growth hormone, testosterone, insulin, and estrogen. It also maintains blood cholesterol levels in the body that are already in normal range and general supplementation with the mineral leads to an increased production of the hormone testosterone by the body. 50mg in the evening.

Last edited by Commander; 05-28-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Resveratrol

I have never taken this before, I had some gift certificates and thought I would try something new. What got me looking into this product was the idea of it being an estrogen antagonist. In higher concentrations, it acts as an aromatase inhibitor as well, and since aromitazation can cause Increased body fat storage, Reduced muscle mass and Decrease strength, I wanted to avoid that.

Further literature suggests resveratrol has demonstrated potent cardiovascular benefits, anti-aging effects, powerful anti-cancer effects, anti-arthritic, and neurological effects. Many of these benefits seem to stem from anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory effects as well as gene modulation

However, I was going to go with grapeseed extract since it has many similar benefits and was recommended by someone I respect, but the place I purchased it from seemed to have a better price with resveratrol so I went with that.

So that’s it, my update for now. I will likely start the Resveratrol next week. I will be dosing between 200mg and 400mg daily. I have enough to last 4 to 5.5 months depending on how much I dose. Hopefully, I can keep most other variables constant during this period and determine Resveratrol’s effectiveness.

------

I got my newest toy, a deer drag harness yesterday!

Hopefully, I'll get out and do some tire dragging with it tonight and get a new video up so I can give my review.

Last edited by Commander; 05-28-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:48 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

glad you found some likeminded folk!!! my gym is great cuz not only is it FREE (military gym) and they are usually hardcore, they also have a tire rack, atlas stones, chains, a huge tire for flipping, a quite large military truck for pushing/pulling, marked 2 mile course AND you can deadlift heavy and slam weights onto the floor!
Old 05-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
glad you found some likeminded folk!!! my gym is great cuz not only is it FREE (military gym) and they are usually hardcore, they also have a tire rack, atlas stones, chains, a huge tire for flipping, a quite large military truck for pushing/pulling, marked 2 mile course AND you can deadlift heavy and slam weights onto the floor!
That sounds awesome!

I might have to enlist.

------

A little over 20 minutes having fun with my tire tonight.

50lbs in the tire for the first 7 minutes, then about 7 minutes with 25lbs, then the last 8 minutes or so with just the tire (27lb).
Tried to rest as little as possible between drags.

Did front drags with harness, front and back drags without the harness, lunges, flys, and sprints.

This is me, having fun...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtiBF1zTko8

Thus far, I like the harness, the waist clasp could be a little tighter (it seems to pull loose), but otherwise not bad.
------

Side Note:

My triceps are completely destroyed from the rolling extensions I did last night....I love the feeling.

Last edited by Commander; 05-29-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength