Commanding My Body - Page 92 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Forgot to mention, last workout, I mismeasured the dextrose and used twice as much as normal so I cut out the maltodextrin, but for those who don't know, maltodextrin is basically a filler and doesn't have much flavor, but dextrose is sweet. Ugggh, my shake tasted like I was drinking liquid sweettarts, it was disgusting, I won't make that mistake again.

--------

Seated OH Press
100 (plus 10) 150x3, 155x3

Pushups
200 (broken down into sets of 5-10)

Normally I'd do Flat Bench off pins here, but I decided to do a push up challenge.
I did 200 push ups in 14 minutes 12 seconds. Pretty awful I know. No where to go but up. I am going to the beach soon, so pushups will be my friend when I don't have access to my home gym.

I read how HardCory busted out 600 in a little over 20 minutes and I was inspired. Man, I have a long way to go. If you haven't checked out HardCory's journal, you are missing out, some good stuff going on over there.

Elbows Out Ext
22, 27, 32, 34.5, 37, 40x6
40x7

Jump Rope
10 x 1 minute intervals - done during rest periods of push press and elbows out ext

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 05-01-2010, 02:51 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post

I read how HardCory busted out 600 in a little over 20 minutes and I was inspired. Man, I have a long way to go. If you haven't checked out HardCory's journal, you are missing out, some good stuff going on over there.
Thanks man means a lot
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 05-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Thanks man means a lot
No problem

-------

Deadlift Day - Finally! With my current rotation I am not deadlifting very often, with sprinting and needing more practice in the squat it just doesn't leave time for as much deadlifting. So I was really excited for today because I love deadlifts!

Low End Deadlift Day

Cambered Bar Deficit Deads
283 (plus 20) 363x5

ss w/

Rack Cleans
80x3 between each set of deads

Snatch Grip Deads
256 (plus 20) 336x3

ss w/

Rack Cleans
80x3 as above

Good Mornings
70 (plus 20) 170x5

Straps were used for all the snatch grip sets (it's just awkward without straps) and for the last two cambered bar sets. I am not usually a strap guy, but when you are doing lots of reps, sometimes you are better off. All deadlift sets done without a belt.

This is one of two workouts that I did leading up to my best pull. I hope to reap the benefits of the top end/low end set up again.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Pecs/Tris sore from pushups 2 days ago
Back/Legs sore from deadlifts yesterday

Sunday was a much needed day of rest, although I did work my forearms and tibialis a little bit with some drumming.

------

Diet Update

Bodyweight average last week: 195.5
Bodyweight average this week: 194.9

I will keep the macros the same this week. I believe I can continue to lose some more weight at this level of calories (currently at just under 3100) and I am a firm believer in trying to eat as much as possible whether cutting or bulking to help with protein turnover rates as outlined in Berardi's G-flux concept.

I have a lot of fat to lose from stubborn areas like my pecs and lower back, but I am starting to feel slightly lean in the abs. I want to make this cut very successful and right now, I am willing to get down into the upper 170's if I have to.

Last edited by Commander; 05-03-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

I changed my split a little, right now it is Pull, Push, Legs with rest days whenever convenient.

Pull Day

I realized my lats were still sore from deadlifts 2 days ago, so I nixed the max rep sets and just did my lower rep sets

Pendlay Row - perfect form, no hip rockin'
130 (plus 15) 205x3
215x3

Neutral Grip Pull ups - threw these in for a change, old school side to side on each rep
BW (plus 10) BW+30x5

Inc DB Curl - 60 second rest between sets, slow tempo, really fried my biceps
22x11, 8, 5

The whole workout was pretty fast paced, I completed this in about 30 minutes.

Then I took my tire outside to sprint

27 lb Tire sprints, 45 meters x 10 sprints - rest about 30 seconds for the first 7 and 45 seconds on the last 3 sprints.

Glutes were hammered from this. I must say, my conditioning is improving steadily. My first workout of sprints were 6x45m without a tire and longer rest periods. Now I am running with a tire and less rest and I feel better, sweet!

I've been jamming to Metallica lately in the gym...
Harvester of Sorrow

Last edited by Commander; 05-05-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

Push Day

Bench Throws (on Smith machine for safety)
50 (plus 20) 90x3

Inc Bench
145 (plus 15) 220x3
180x10

Push Press - wow, first time doing them after a big exercise like incline bench, this was tough, but I kept perfect form
110 (plus 10) 160x5

Strict Press
110x11

Deloaded Skull Crusher - 60 seconds rest
70x10, 7, 6

Jump Rope
12 x 1 minute intervals

Good workout, I think 220x3 is a PR for incline. Nice pump.

Not sure if tomorrow will be legs/sprint or an off day, it depends how long....ugggh, shopping takes. I must get new shorts before I go to the beach, but man I hate shopping.

Jamming to Metallica - Through the Never today!

Old 05-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Well, got some shorts for vacation
Bathed my dog so my dogsitter doesn't think he is a smelly mess, lol!
Did some other miscellaneous vacation prep, thus no workout last night - here is the plan of attack:

1) Squat tonight, then destroy legs with some sprints
2) Hopefully kill my back Friday evening, then enjoy vacation at the beach

During vacation, I hope to get in some bodyweight exercises.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator

20 meter Sprint Drills to warmup 10 minutes

Squat
70, 90, 120, 140, 170, 190, 220, 240, 270x2
add belt
290, 310x2
320x1

I drove to two high schools to sprint on their tracks, but both had Lacrosse games occuring, serves me right for not checking their schedules (obviously, the lacrosse game was not on the track, but I thought I'd look like an idiot sprinting while people were trying to watch the game). So I went home and did the Ultimate Warrior Challenge: 1 minute push up, 1 minute chins, 1 minute sit ups, 1 minute dips (15 seconds rest between exercises).

56 pushups, 15 chins, 25 situps and 21 dips = 117 total

I definitely have a lot of room for improvement on the situps. Also some on the dips. Pretty happy with pushups and chins. It is crazy, when you move onto chins, you realize how much you use your lats in push ups, and when you move onto situps, you realize how much you use your abs in chins!

NSW mile
27 lb tire plus 15 extra lbs for good measure - 21 minutes 52 seconds.

This was pure torture. I wanted to quit at the 3 tenths mark, but 4 different neighbors (none of whom I know), asked me "what are you training for?" It was funny and gave me the motivation to go on.

Last edited by Commander; 05-07-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:14 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

looking good man..how have your energy levels been while cutting, with all of this high intensity cardio mixed in as well?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
looking good man..how have your energy levels been while cutting, with all of this high intensity cardio mixed in as well?
Excellent thus far, but I am still consuming slightly over 3k calories (bulk was 4k plus, and cut started at around 3600) which helps with energy levels. Plus, I have only lost 5lbs. I imagine as I drop more weight and lower my calories my energy levels will suffer. But right now they are excellent.

I gotta say, I am loving the various types of cardio I am doing (short sprints, longer sprints, tire sprints, tire drags, jump rope) although sometimes during (especially the NSW mile) they suck, I feel good when I complete it. I feel like I am getting back into "overall" shape, more athletic.

----

Weighed in at 192.5 this morning, hmmm, maybe something to do with the "NSW mile", lol!

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength