Commanding My Body - Page 77 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

i hear you on the non training issue, i still love my weeks off! haha, mentally that is! i take the easy approach back, scale the weight down a bit for a few workouts, then start hitting it heavy again, have to get the body used to working out again!!! glad the time off was good tho..minus the keys issue...i know how getting home late goes tho. we have family i NC and we now live in NJ, we always leave from down there too late, like the day before I have to be back at work..and regardless what day it is, traffic is horrible, so its like zero sleep those nights!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
i hear you on the non training issue, i still love my weeks off! haha, mentally that is! i take the easy approach back, scale the weight down a bit for a few workouts, then start hitting it heavy again, have to get the body used to working out again!!! glad the time off was good tho..minus the keys issue...i know how getting home late goes tho. we have family i NC and we now live in NJ, we always leave from down there too late, like the day before I have to be back at work..and regardless what day it is, traffic is horrible, so its like zero sleep those nights!
That's the thing, I enjoyed it mentally during the vacation, but after, that's another story. When I go to the beach in May, I am training. I will find a way that doesn't interfere with me having fun with my family. Probably, BW stuff. Gotta find something to hang from, ha, ha!

-------

Yes, I had a good workout! I wasn't expecting much going into it, so I eased into it. I added an extra exercise prior to my OH presses to help get me primed to move weight. I also started lighter on OH press to give me more sets to get in a groove.

Top Half OH Pin Presses (pins set about forehead level)
70x6
120x3
140x3
160x3

OH Press - strict
80 (plus 10 each set) 160x3 owned these
175x2 nothing left for a 3rd rep

My PR is 170x3, but 170x3 was slow and done without so much volume leading up to it. I am very happy with owning 160x3 because I had many more sets leading up to it, so I was likely more fatigued doing 160 than the previous workout when I did 170.

DB Press
62x8
62x6

Lying Med Ball throws and a few singles of chin ups to get ready

Chinups
BW (plus 10 each set) BW+30x5
BW+42.5x5 PR
BW+10x8

Deloaded Skullcrusher
65 (plus 5 each set) 90x5
65x14

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Ellingham is getting lean
Middleweight

Thanks for checking in on the journal, your OH press PR owns. you gonna be getting any more of videos of your lifts up?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellingham View Post
Thanks for checking in on the journal, your OH press PR owns. you gonna be getting any more of videos of your lifts up?
No problem, likewise.

I hope to put more videos up when I hit more PR's. I was posting tons of videos a short while ago, but I am going to be more selective now.........maybe.

Deadlifts tonight! Can't wait!

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Wizard24 is mixing up the diet.
Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I hope to put more videos up when I hit more PR's.
If this is the case then I am sure we will have plenty to watch in the coming weeks. Keep Rockin' bro!!
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." - Matthew 24:35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." - Galations 5:22-23
Old 02-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard24 View Post
If this is the case then I am sure we will have plenty to watch in the coming weeks. Keep Rockin' bro!!
Thanks Wizard, I thought I'd have one tonight, but I stopped on my 3rd rep of Snatch Grip Deficit Deads because I was starting to use too much lower back

Snatch Grip Deficit Deads
281 (plus 30 each set) 371x3
391x3
411x2 - stopped on 3rd rep

ss w/

Power Clean off rack (pins at knees)
100x1 or 2 reps between each set of deads

Conventional DL
356x9

Crunches and Back Extensions to finish it off.

I am happy with my progress on Snatch Grip Deficit DL, but I don't think I have much more in me this cycle, my PR as I switch it out is 406x3. I will be swapping them out next week, it's time to pull conventional for awhile. Yeehaw!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Came down with a nasty cold last night, didn't sleep well, killer sore throat.

I will get a break tonight, I have bible study. Due to not working out during my vacation, my recent workouts have left my body incredibly sore, major DOMS. So a night off will be beneficial. I hope to crush this cold.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Quote:
Power Clean off rack (pins at knees)
100x1 or 2 reps between each set of deads
I have a deep love for cleans...power or squat! They make me melt!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 02-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea81 View Post
I have a deep love for cleans...power or squat! They make me melt!!
That's awesome!

-------

Tuesday was off due to bible study, soreness and my cold.
Last night, my cold was in full effect (Wednesday), so I rested.

I feel much better, still not 100%, but I got in a good workout tonight. I began the Workout Machine 6 weak peaking cycle.

Hypertrophy Bench

Flat Bench
210x12
190x10
190x9

Inc Bench
140x12
120x12 (bumped down weight too much)
125x10

Dips
BW+20x10
BW+10x10
BW+10x10

I haven't done this many reps in a very long time. I always include a back off set for max reps for the hypertrophy benefits, but I haven't done in entire workout geared towards hypertrophy in awhile. It felt good, absolutely massive pump in my triceps and chest. For not being 100% due to still getting over my cold, I'm happy with my numbers, my PR on bench is 225 for 11. I had another rep or two at 210, so today actually wasn't too far off.

My bodyweight has been 197 for the past few days, I lost some weight since weighing in at 199-200 before the Boston trip. However, my diet is on track and I feel ready to make some gains.

Tomorrow is hypertrophy squats. Not sure what style I'm doing for this cycle. I may have gotten all I can from front squats for now, I may switch to high bar olympic squats.

Last edited by Commander; 02-05-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 AM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I may have gotten all I can from front squats for now, I may switch to high bar olympic squats.
Dude, didn't realize that you were starting today, this is awesome, can't wait to see your progress. Also, stick with the back squats, just use the front squats for assistance work on the heavy days. Tear it up man, I'm excited to follow along.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength