Commanding My Body - Page 74 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I've done legs swings, I enjoy those too, but the moutain climbers feel even better. I was never forced to do them, ha ha, so I don't hate them.
------

Here is a silly picture I took (yes there is a dresser in the picture, but no this isn't my bedroom, it's down in the basement).

The big cardboard box is my 50lb whey concentrate from True Protein. The bags to the right of the box are maltodextrin and dextrose, each 50lb bags.
Yellow and red containers are all oats, then some BCAA, creatine and chromium, but mostly LOTS of whey and oats.

I figure if I am ever under siege from zombies, I could live off the whey and oats for a while, as long as I still have a water supply.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 01-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Flat Bench
160, 175, 190, 205, 220, 235x3
185x12

Bent Row
120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180x5
145x13

Dips
BW+7.5, 17.5, 27.5, 37.5, 47.5, 57.5x5
BW+12.5 x 14

Owning the weight, great workout.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 01-11-2010, 04:24 AM
antisteroids is IN LOVE WITH OLD STYLE HACK SQUATS
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
I've done legs swings, I enjoy those too, but the moutain climbers feel even better. I was never forced to do them, ha ha, so I don't hate them.
------

Here is a silly picture I took (yes there is a dresser in the picture, but no this isn't my bedroom, it's down in the basement).

The big cardboard box is my 50lb whey concentrate from True Protein. The bags to the right of the box are maltodextrin and dextrose, each 50lb bags.
Yellow and red containers are all oats, then some BCAA, creatine and chromium, but mostly LOTS of whey and oats.

I figure if I am ever under siege from zombies, I could live off the whey and oats for a while, as long as I still have a water supply.

ha and I thought I was the only one who had tons of dry oats on hand
grandparents would give/MAKE us use th horrid dry milk she even had egg powder

Awsome stash Commander!

in life there are choices[good\bad] and inbetween
those choices there are doors

PUSH ME DOWN I DARE YOU KEEP ME DOWN
YEAH RIGHT!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
ha and I thought I was the only one who had tons of dry oats on hand
grandparents would give/MAKE us use th horrid dry milk she even had egg powder

Awsome stash Commander!
Thanks bro, yeah, the dry milk is nasty, I use it to mix with my night time shake for a little bit of slower digesting protein.

--------

Day 2 of using the Workout Machine dynamic warmup. I like it a lot. I SUCK at the prone iron cross. I can feel how tight I am through the hips. I added some extra reps of that and the groiners because I really need to loosen up my hips.

After warming up I did a few depth jumps to wake up the legs and some med ball throws to wake up the lats.

Snatch grip deficit deadlift
120, 170, 206x1
256, 286, 316, 336, 356, 376, 401x3
311x6

Big PR on this exercise, I pulled the 401x3 easier than last week's 386x3 and with better form. The only issue was my grip, snatch grip is tough even using straps (I start using straps after my first few sets), my last rep of 401 felt like it was going to slip, which altered my form slightly, but the first 2 reps were perfect. No belt for any sets, just focusing on taking in as much air as possible and keeping my core tight.

Just FYI on straps, I don't use straps on conventional pulling, snatch grip is simply awkward.

311x6 was my back off set, going for reps, I could definitely do a few more reps, but I had developed a bruise on my thigh from exploding through all of my previous reps. It hurt, and I was a wuss, ha, ha. I think next week, I will pull conventional on my back off set so the bar hits a different spot on my thigh.

Weighted Sit ups
25, 35, 50, 35 x 8

ss w/

Back Extensions
BW, 10, 10, 25 x 8

ss w/

Plyo Push ups
BWx3, 8 sets

ss w/

Stretching and foam rolling for legs

Last edited by Commander; 01-11-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
tmkeehn is climbing that mountain
Lightweight

Nice stash brother! And nice PR on the snatch
Squat: PR 375
Old 01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmkeehn View Post
Nice stash brother! And nice PR on the snatch
Thanks!

---------

Diet update:
Bodyweight average this week was 197.9, I'm working my way up there. I was feeling a little soft this past week from eating desserts, gonna cut them out and keep bulking clean. I'm still leaner at 198 then the last time I was at 198 (mid March 2009). I plan to get well over 200 before cutting for a beach vacation in May.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:10 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Diet update:
Bodyweight average this week was 197.9, I'm working my way up there. I was feeling a little soft this past week from eating desserts, gonna cut them out and keep bulking clean. I'm still leaner at 198 then the last time I was at 198 (mid March 2009). I plan to get well over 200 before cutting for a beach vacation in May.
How many meals are you averaging a day?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

3 big meals, 3 light snacks, 1 workout shake, 1 mid-sleep shake

------

I was hoping to hit overhead presses last night, but ended up playing with Mario, Luigi and Yoshi action figures all afternoon and evening. It was awesome. If I can say something to the fathers and would-be fathers, never regret missing a workout to play with your kids.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:37 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Quote:
3 big meals, 3 light snacks, 1 workout shake, 1 mid-sleep shake

------

I was hoping to hit overhead presses last night, but ended up playing with Mario, Luigi and Yoshi action figures all afternoon and evening. It was awesome. If I can say something to the fathers and would-be fathers, never regret missing a workout to play with your kids.
completely agree my man!!! my 2 year old hates it when i leave the house, so if i dont workout before work while he is sleeping, its game over for daddy! haha, ill gladly resched a workout in leau of family time tho (or just do it during my 'lunch break') haha

oh, also, what do you qualify as a "light snack"...in those slots i usually drink a protien and oats shake w/ milk...im just shopping around for other ideas

Last edited by bigbear6708; 01-12-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Light snack is currently about 550 calories of oats, raisins and lentils. I stay away from protein due to the whole refractory concept discussed on Layne Norton's optimal protein frequency article for this site. I do take in BCAA during my snack to stimulate protein synthesis.

glad you agree with my post! I hope other fathers do as well

-------

Strict OH Press
115, 125, 135, 145, 155, 167.5x3
120x11

Chin-ups
BW+7.5, 17.5, 27.5, 37.5x5
BWx9

Skull Crusher
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85x5
62,5x12

Last set of OH press was not owned as well as I'd like, my 2nd and 3rd rep were pretty slow. I am going to try for 170x3 next workout, if it does not go well, then I will rotate in another press, probably OH press off the rack.

All in all, I am pretty happy with my progress, my best push press is 200x3, so doing nearly 170x3 with strict form, i.e. no push, is decent.

-----

Bible study started back up after a break since early December, I am glad to be back at it. Studying God's Word with other Christians is a fantastic way to learn.

Last edited by Commander; 01-13-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength