Commanding My Body - Page 69 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
Looks like you are making good progress on your clean and press.

That is an interesting squat workout I suck at going from box squats to reg squats it messes with my form.

How is the bulk going?
Yeah, the clean and press is going well. I enjoy it.

Interesting is the word, ha, ha. I just made it up. My thought was to gradually shift from a movement where I move the least amount - i.e. jumping with weights - to where I could move a little more - pausing with weights - to where I could move the most - regular squat.

I like going from jump squat to box squat because I think starting a workout with a plyometric movement is a great way to wake up the CNS, but I think I'll ditch the regular squat next week. After I hit my training max for the box squat, I'll just back off and do a lower weight for reps.....btw, hold me to that next week...if I don't follow my own advice, then post a nasty message or something.

Bulk is back on track now, I stalled in weight for 2 weeks, but I bumped up the calories and should be on track to gain about 1 pound this week. I seriously want to keep plugging along until I hit 215, but bulking that long can lead to serious burnout where eating becomes a chore...we'll see how it goes.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 AM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Yeah plyos are great I need to bring them back.

I understand you on the bulking I am having trouble eating enough too because my schedule is all messed up now I am working nights but going to midnight soon (Thank God). My diet has consisted of millk, whey, nuts, peanut butter, oatmeal, apples, oranges, protein bars, chicken, and sometimes eggs. With 5 meals a day of protein shakes, 1 bar meal, and 1 whole food meal. I need some new additions to keep me hungry.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Old 12-19-2009, 03:26 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

in the same boat here man...sometimes eating becomes a chore for me as well (i have to eat TONS to even make my body think about growing)...my magic food is shakes..haha..eating tons of real food gets old...fast!
Old 12-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbilt View Post
Yeah plyos are great I need to bring them back.

I understand you on the bulking I am having trouble eating enough too because my schedule is all messed up now I am working nights but going to midnight soon (Thank God). My diet has consisted of millk, whey, nuts, peanut butter, oatmeal, apples, oranges, protein bars, chicken, and sometimes eggs. With 5 meals a day of protein shakes, 1 bar meal, and 1 whole food meal. I need some new additions to keep me hungry.
Sounds like my diet, let me know if you think of any new additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
in the same boat here man...sometimes eating becomes a chore for me as well (i have to eat TONS to even make my body think about growing)...my magic food is shakes..haha..eating tons of real food gets old...fast!
I have two non workout shakes a day just to cram in some whey and tons of oats. It definitely helps. Saves your jaw from excessive chewing.

------

Day off today

I had a wonderful day with my family. We slept in, then watched Saturday morning cartoons...TMNT was a hilarious Christmas special. Then my kids played with the neighbor boy in the snow. We got about 4-5 inches here in eastern Pennsylvania. We spent the end of the afternoon baking cookies and decorating them. In the evening we made clay ornaments for the tree which we'll paint tomorrow. Finally, we ended the evening with the Muppets Christmas special. It was a great day. I am exhausted for some reason even though I've only been up for 13 hours thus far. I am going to get some sleep.

Sumo Deadlift tomorrow!

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Lower

Sumo Deadlift
120, 206, 256, 306, 336, 366, 396x3
426x3 (10 lb PR)

Glute Ham Raise
BWx6,5,5 Yesss! These are getting better

ss w/

Lateral squats
BWx10, 3 sets

Sumo Deadlift
366x8

Pullups
BW, +10, 20, 30x5
BWx7

ss w/

Situps
BW+25, 35, 50, 35, 25 x 8 reps

Felt week on the pullups today, oh well, I tore it up on Sumo's and GHR! My hams and glutes were absolutely trashed (in a good way of course).

--------

So my wife and I gave our 5 year old 2 parakeets as an early Christmas present. He feeds and waters them, takes out their poop (or at least tries to help Daddy do this) and talks to them.

But the main job is trying to get them tame, they will be much more fun if I get them tame so we can take them out and perch on our fingers and such. Well, I am tirelessly working on taming them, spending several times per day talking with them and carefully inserting my hand in their cage to get them to not fear the hand. Well, I have had some success, it is pretty exciting. One of them let my stoke her feathers, the other one half-perched on my finger. He had on claw on the cage and the other on my finger. Plus, he was pecking at my finger in an exploratory (definitely not aggressive) way, it was pretty cool. I'll have to get some pictures up.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Upper

Push Press
worked up to 210x1 then power cleaned 230 for a 10 lb pr on the power clean

Push Press
195x4 (just missed 5th rep)

Strict OH Press
140x7

Front Delt Raise
44x10, 3 sets

Deloaded Skull crushers
60, 65, 70 75, 80, 85, 90x5
70x9

------

Worked a midnight shift last night, Santa asked me to wrap presents for him to save him some time when he stops by our house, so I spent most of the midnight shift wrapping presents.

Super tired now, hopefully will get to bed early today.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post

Worked a midnight shift last night, Santa asked me to wrap presents for him to save him some time when he stops by our house, so I spent most of the midnight shift wrapping presents.

Super tired now, hopefully will get to bed early today.
So glad that I was able to get out of wrapping presents this year, I'm horrible at wrapping and it shows.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 12-23-2009, 05:09 AM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

i think this was mentioned before, but this needs to be called "commanders PR log"...lol..very nice job man!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
So glad that I was able to get out of wrapping presents this year, I'm horrible at wrapping and it shows.
Well, actually Santa contracts the wrapping to low paid elve workers. So some of them suck at it, so I figured if I did my best it might compare to a crappy elf wrap-job. Likely, my children will unwrap the presents so fast they won't notice that it wasn't a premium wrap-job....keep in mind, I was wrapping at 4 a.m.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
i think this was mentioned before, but this needs to be called "commanders PR log"...lol..very nice job man!
Thanks, you are too kind, progress is definitely being made in the pushing exercises and deadlift variations. But I think I need to let my squat know that this is supposed to be a "PR log" ......it hasn't budged since April of this year.

I started 2009 by kicking my squats butt with Smolov, so I think it is only fitting that I make getting a 400 plus squat a priority in early 2010.

-------

I built a mini-snowman with my kids yesterday afternoon. The snow was slightly wet and it should have been great for packing. I really thought we were going to be able to make a huge snowman, but the ball we started just was not getting bigger no matter how hard we tried. I've built big snowmen in the past so it wasn't a lack of snowman building skills, the snow just wasn't cooperating. But, we still had fun.

I got 11 hours of sleep last night since I got ZERO the night before. I felt like I could have stayed in bed for another couple hours, but I had to go to work.

Last edited by Commander; 12-23-2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:19 AM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Work always gets in the way of sleep and working out.
You are lucky you only got 4-5 inches. I got close to 24 where I work and 12 where I live. It took me almost 3 hours to drive home on saturday from work and it usually takes only an hour.

I got to set some strength goals for 2010 and hit them.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength