Commanding My Body - Page 68 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #671  
Old 12-14-2009, 10:00 PM
bigbear6708 bigbear6708 is offline
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,689
Default

lol, thats good stuff man...regarding the magic show!! gotta love a good weekend w/ the kids!
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 12-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
lol, thats good stuff man...regarding the magic show!! gotta love a good weekend w/ the kids!
No doubt, fatherhood is awesome

--------

Upper

Push Press (power clean the weight first)
40, 70, 90, 120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210, 220x1

Very happy with that, this was a PR for push press and power clean. I had more in me in terms of the power clean. Probably could have powercleaned 230 or 240.

Push Press
160x9

Strict Overhead Press
130x7 (very little rest after previous set)

Front Plate Raise
44, 3 sets of 9

Deloaded Skull Crusher
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85x5
65x9 continuous reps

My triceps were engorged with blood after this workout. Felt great.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 12-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,571
Default

Upper

Seated OH Press (rack 9 - shoulder level)
40, plus 10 lb each set, 150x3 continuous
125x9 deloaded each rep

Seated OH Rack Press (rack 10 - chin level)
90, plus 10lb each set, 140x3

Seated OH Rack Press (rack 11 - eye level)
90, plus 10lb each set, 140x3
120x8

In and out in 35 minutes. Rockin' workout. I loved staying with the same movement pattern but just changing it slightly each exercise.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
misterjaydubyoo's Avatar
misterjaydubyoo misterjaydubyoo is offline
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: North Cackalack
Posts: 1,102
Default

Very nice on the power clean. Impressive.
__________________
I know the bench press is so cliche, but:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
sweetpea81's Avatar
sweetpea81 sweetpea81 is offline
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Squat Rack
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Push Press (power clean the weight first)
40, 70, 90, 120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210, 220x1
That's awesome - great job!!

I was impressed with my ability to squat clean and jerk (easier than the pp) 115#! That looks like your warm-up! I can also clean more, but the max I've been able to get overhead is 120#.
__________________
"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is givnig up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." ~ Anna Quindlen

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Reply With Quote
  #676  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
Very nice on the power clean. Impressive.
Thanks, it felt good, should indirectly help the deadlift as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea81 View Post
That's awesome - great job!!

I was impressed with my ability to squat clean and jerk (easier than the pp) 115#! That looks like your warm-up! I can also clean more, but the max I've been able to get overhead is 120#.
That is some excellent weights sweetpea!
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #677  
Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 AM
antisteroids's Avatar
antisteroids antisteroids is offline
antisteroids is IN LOVE WITH OLD STYLE HACK SQUATS
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indiana\Berkely[Calfornia]
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
No doubt, fatherhood is awesome

--------

Upper

Push Press (power clean the weight first)
40, 70, 90, 120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 200, 210, 220x1

Very happy with that, this was a PR for push press and power clean. I had more in me in terms of the power clean. Probably could have powercleaned 230 or 240.

Push Press
160x9

Strict Overhead Press
130x7 (very little rest after previous set)

Front Plate Raise
44, 3 sets of 9

Deloaded Skull Crusher
60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85x5
65x9 continuous reps

My triceps were engorged with blood after this workout. Felt great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Upper

Seated OH Press (rack 9 - shoulder level)
40, plus 10 lb each set, 150x3 continuous
125x9 deloaded each rep

Seated OH Rack Press (rack 10 - chin level)
90, plus 10lb each set, 140x3

Seated OH Rack Press (rack 11 - eye level)
90, plus 10lb each set, 140x3
120x8

In and out in 35 minutes. Rockin' workout. I loved staying with the same movement pattern but just changing it slightly each exercise.
Are you still running Smlov?
__________________
Check my profile for pics

in life there are choices[good\bad] and inbetween
those choices there are doors

PUSH ME DOWN I DARE YOU KEEP ME DOWN
YEAH RIGHT!
Reply With Quote
  #678  
Old 12-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
Are you still running Smlov?
No, dropped that a while back. I stalled on it.
-----
Lower

Jump Squat
70, 90, 120 x2

Box Squat
140, 170, 190, 210, 230, 250, 270 x2
290, 310x1

Regular Squat
330x1
350x1 belt
370x1 belt

Form was good on all my reps, 370 felt tougher than I would have liked, but the box squats take a lot out of you.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 12-18-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #679  
Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
superbilt's Avatar
superbilt superbilt is offline
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Land of the Fist Pumper!
Posts: 4,160
Default

Looks like you are making good progress on your clean and press.

That is an interesting squat workout I suck at going from box squats to reg squats it messes with my form.

How is the bulk going?
__________________
HOOAH!
Discipline makes you mentally and physically tough!
Currently making everything stronger!!
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727
Reply With Quote
  #680  
Old 12-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,571
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
Are you still running Smlov?
I should note that I ran it successfully one time early in the year. I stalled the second time I tried to do it.

-------

Upper

Close Grip Bench Partials (really explosive)
40, 70, 90, 120, 140, 160, 180, 200x5

Close Grip Bench full ROM
220, 240x3
260x1
210x8

all close grip bench sets were supersetted with Squat partials at the bottom of the ROM with 80 lbs for 5 partials performed as quick as possible

Dips
BW, +20, 35, 50, 65, 80x5
BW+25 x11

The dips are hurting my collar bone, I will probably keep them in the rotation for 2 more workouts than ditch them for awhile, or at least back off on the weight and go higher reps. My goal is 100 for 3 before I take a break from them.

Face Pulls
50, 4 sets of 11

Once again, huge pump in my tris and chest from this. Felt strong, I am happy with my 260x1 on the CGBP, it wasn't a max, I had more in me, the rep went up real smoothly.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.