Commanding My Body - Page 51 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #501  
Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Thursday - 50 pullups

Friday - 70lb barbell complex: row, deadlift, RDL, Hang Clean, Front Squat, Overhead Press, Good Morning, Squat. set 1 x6, set 2 x5, set 3 x4

Explosive push-ups and a few pull-ups for good measure
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Monday - Tested maxes.

Bench
285 - missed. I had a 2 second pause on my chest, probably too long, my father-in-law had to give me a nudge through my sticking point.

My bench has not improved much over the last 8 months. I gave my modified version of Smolov a chance. I am going to try something different now, 5-3-1 for my Bench while I finish out Smolov for my Squat.

Squat
380 - good
400 - miss. Although I did not set a new max, I am happy with 380. When I hit 390 back in April I was 200 pounds. So I lifted 1.95 BW, I hit 380 at a bodyweight of 184, thus 2.06 BW, my relative strength has gone up. That means my previous cut was very successful and Smolov was successful at getting my strength levels back up near my previous max. Plus, I really think I could have got 390, I probably shouldn't have jumped to 400, but I was excited, hay, who wouldn't want to try to hit 400?
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 09-08-2009, 06:08 PM
misterjaydubyoo's Avatar
misterjaydubyoo misterjaydubyoo is offline
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: North Cackalack
Posts: 1,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Monday - Tested maxes.
Squat
380 - good
400 - miss. Although I did not set a new max, I am happy with 380. When I hit 390 back in April I was 200 pounds. So I lifted 1.95 BW, I hit 380 at a bodyweight of 184, thus 2.06 BW, my relative strength has gone up. That means my previous cut was very successful and Smolov was successful at getting my strength levels back up near my previous max. Plus, I really think I could have got 390, I probably shouldn't have jumped to 400, but I was excited, hay, who wouldn't want to try to hit 400?

I am sure you were good for 390, possibly 395. Also, 400 is quite possible, b/c some days you are simply stronger than others. Congrats, because you are right, your relative strength has gone up, which is progress. You'll bust 400 soon.
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 09-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
I am sure you were good for 390, possibly 395. Also, 400 is quite possible, b/c some days you are simply stronger than others. Congrats, because you are right, your relative strength has gone up, which is progress. You'll bust 400 soon.
Thanks for stayin' tuned to my journal, I appreciate it. Thanks, as well, for your encouraging words!

I do plan to bust 400 during the second half of Smolov. Last Smolov, during the second cycle, my max went up 50lbs, so even if I get half of that this time around, I will break 400.

One thing I have to get serious about during the next part of Smolov is my bulk. I have been "bulking" since July 20th, so 6 weeks now, and I haven't gained any weight (whoops). At the beginning, it was awesome, because I really felt like I was continuing to burn fat coming off my cut and was building some muscle -- I was making compositional changes. But, if I don't start to move the scale soon, I am going to fall victim to the psychological death trap of "Oh no, I can't see my abs!" I should be able to beat the "abs" trap though, because I won't need to take off my shirt for about 9 months because summer is pretty much over.

Diet Update:
Macros from end of cut (July 20th) - Cal 2174, f-80, c-178, p-186
Last 10 days macros - Cal 3197, f-108, c-339, p-219
New macros - Cal 3398, f-112, c-374, p-226
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 AM
antisteroids's Avatar
antisteroids antisteroids is offline
antisteroids is IN LOVE WITH OLD STYLE HACK SQUATS
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indiana\Berkely[Calfornia]
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Thanks for stayin' tuned to my journal, I appreciate it. Thanks, as well, for your encouraging words!

I do plan to bust 400 during the second half of Smolov. Last Smolov, during the second cycle, my max went up 50lbs, so even if I get half of that this time around, I will break 400.

One thing I have to get serious about during the next part of Smolov is my bulk. I have been "bulking" since July 20th, so 6 weeks now, and I haven't gained any weight (whoops). At the beginning, it was awesome, because I really felt like I was continuing to burn fat coming off my cut and was building some muscle -- I was making compositional changes. But, if I don't start to move the scale soon, I am going to fall victim to the psychological death trap of "Oh no, I can't see my abs!" I should be able to beat the "abs" trap though, because I won't need to take off my shirt for about 9 months because summer is pretty much over.

Diet Update:
Macros from end of cut (July 20th) - Cal 2174, f-80, c-178, p-186
Last 10 days macros - Cal 3197, f-108, c-339, p-219
New macros - Cal 3398, f-112, c-374, p-226
IM commin for 400 myself AS WELL]...... 400 time to end this suffering I need a minute to my self YOU WILL NEVER GET TO ME WHAT CANT BE DONE ILL DO MYSELF! GO GET EM BROTHER
__________________
Check my profile for pics

in life there are choices[good\bad] and inbetween
those choices there are doors

PUSH ME DOWN I DARE YOU KEEP ME DOWN
YEAH RIGHT!
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 09-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
IM commin for 400 myself AS WELL]...... 400 time to end this suffering I need a minute to my self YOU WILL NEVER GET TO ME WHAT CANT BE DONE ILL DO MYSELF! GO GET EM BROTHER
Thanks antisteroids, we'll both be hitting it soon! Except you'll be repping it (you already got 386x4!) and I'm gunning for a single.

Tuesday's workout:
Smolov Switching Meso - I get a break from heavy squatting for 2 weeks. Next 6 workouts will focus on speed.

Squat Negative:
warmed up to a negative with 400 x 13 seconds

Jump Squats
80 x 8 sets of 3

Bench Negative:
warmed up to a negative with 285 x 10 seconds

Plyo Circuit x 8
Dead Man Medicine Ball Throw (Plyo's for the Lats) 15lb ball x sets of 3
Explosive Push ups - sets of 3
Plyo jumps over a bench (5 each way, 10 jumps total) - first 5 sets of circuit
Speed Snatch-Grip Deadlift 170 - sets of 3 (final 3 sets of circuit)
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano

Last edited by Commander; 09-09-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 09-10-2009, 12:40 AM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Wednesday's workout: Speed Focused
Smolov Switching Meso

Circuit: (8 times)
JM Press 110x3
Power Cleans 120x3
Explosive Pull-ups (pulled fast and let go at top for a brief moment) BWx3

Circuit: (8 times)
Explosive Push-up BWx3
Explosive Hanging Row BWx3
Standing Long Jump over flat bench (long-ways) x3

For a couple of the long jumps I put my milk crate on top of the bench to give myself and added challenge.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 09-10-2009, 03:05 AM
HardCory's Avatar
HardCory HardCory is offline
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 5,162
Default

The weight you're putting up on squats is making my knees hurt. You're turning into a freak of nature.
__________________
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 09-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Commander's Avatar
Commander Commander is offline
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North East U.S.A.
Posts: 6,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
The weight you're putting up on squats is making my knees hurt. You're turning into a freak of nature.
Thanks Hardcory! I'm not satisfied though. I don't want to just be a freak of nature, I want to be a SUPER freak.

There is one guy I contacted a few times who can squat over 700 with just a belt at a bodyweight of 200. That keeps me going because that is simply awesome.
__________________

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Reply With Quote
  #510  
Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 PM
HardCory's Avatar
HardCory HardCory is offline
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 5,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Thanks Hardcory! I'm not satisfied though. I don't want to just be a freak of nature, I want to be a SUPER freak.

There is one guy I contacted a few times who can squat over 700 with just a belt at a bodyweight of 200. That keeps me going because that is simply awesome.
I couldn't imagine squatting 3-1/2 times my weight, that's crazy I'd like to see a video of that.
__________________
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.