Commanding My Body - Page 34 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
Stuck on the upside? As in you can't gain more weight? I wish I had your problem! lol.

I hear you on the whole clothes-fitting thing... I was up to 214 before my clothes started becoming WAY too tight (work clothes). Now I'm down to 204 and I've maintained so much size that the work clothes are still snug.

I hope this new program pushes you above 200!
I know, I know. My mother-in-law lives at my wife and I's house and she is overweight, believe me, I have to watch how I talk/complain about having "trouble" gaining weight. Most people DON'T feel sorry for me, lol!

Yeah, my issue is with work clothes. My casual clothes are pretty loose. But my dress pants and shirts are on their way to snug. We shall see what happens. I am certain that C/P done with a good diet will push me up above 200 lbs.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Squat/Back/Bicep Day

Pull-ups
warm-up on lat pulldown
BWx1
BW+10 x1
BW+20 x1
BW+50 x6 PR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWobskIg7k

Pendlay Row
warm up with just bar
120x5
140x3
170x1
190x7 PR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICF2ZClyYA

Squat (this was tough because my hams are still sore from C/P and now my back is tired from pull-ups and pendlay rows)
120x5
170x3
220x3
270x1
290x1
330x4 PR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqpOm4MR-MU

Squat widowmaker
170x20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH_OkTVmwZA

This was really light, I had no idea what to expect. So I figured I would start conservative. Definitely can add some weight, I didn't even have to pause except to fix my foot position after rep 10.

Barbell Curls
60x8
70x6
75x4
50x9
50x7 (real slow on the negative)

Inc DB Curls
17x9
17x9

Concentration Curls
17x8, 7 sets

Bicep Fascia stretching

Decline reverse crunches 3x10
Ab Wheel roll-outs 3x10

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights

Last edited by Commander; 04-22-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:21 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Great videos, looking strong, never seen the widowmaker before I couldn't really distinguish the difference between that and a regular squat from that angle, what is the difference?
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-22-2009, 03:29 AM
icehawk is .
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Great videos, looking strong, never seen the widowmaker before I couldn't really distinguish the difference between that and a regular squat from that angle, what is the difference?
Widowmaker is 20 reps.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Hardcory! A widowmaker is as icehawk stated. No difference in form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehawk View Post
Widowmaker is 20 reps.
Bingo

Old 04-22-2009, 04:02 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

I see... Love the name when I hit that amount of reps on squats I feel like I'm going to kill over too.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Albertog is OK
Lightweight

20 rep squats are cool aren't they!? btw, whats the pic in front of you when squatting? looks like a bodybuilder?
Old 04-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I see... Love the name when I hit that amount of reps on squats I feel like I'm going to kill over too.
Unfortunately, I didn't take it heavy enough to feel like that. I will gradually take it up to find out where my puke-limit is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertog View Post
20 rep squats are cool aren't they!? btw, whats the pic in front of you when squatting? looks like a bodybuilder?
I think they are going to be cool, as I mentioned, mine was too light to be hard.

The picture is Frank Zane, the perfect body IMO;

Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, Hamstrings are still sore from C/P 5 days ago. I do C/P again on Saturday so they better heal up quick!

Also, DOMS just set in on my quads from the widomaker. It was so light that I didn't think much of it, but I guess my legs aren't used to 20 rep sets so even though they weren't sore yesteday, I'm getting the second day soreness now.

Chest/Tri tonight.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Ok, I am just waiting for superbilt to crush me on this one....but I swear, it isn't that drastic of a change, here goes...

I mentioned a few posts back that I was going to do change my push days to a loose form of WS4SB. Well, instead of following that template, I am going to follow an exact program along similar lines. Dave Tate's Big Bad Bench, it follows the westside template so it is very similar to WS4SB.

I realize that I have made a lot progress over the past year following the programs of people who were smarter and stronger than me. WS4SB is just a template for you to pick exercises, I don't want to pick mine yet. It's not laziness, I am simply making great gains following other people's EXACT programs.

So my split is now:
1) C/P (Hams/Back) with Abs
2) DE Bench with cardio
3) Squat/Back/Bicep with Abs
4) ME Bench with cardio

Maximal effort day
1) Ultra Wide Bench: Work up to one heavy set of 6 reps, rest a few minutes and try to repeat it.

210x6, 6

2) Barbell Extensions: Warm up, then 6 sets of 8 reps with 30 seconds rest between sets, using the same weight for all 6 sets. (These are done with arms straight up, and bar descending to chin unlike skullcrushers)

40x8, 6 sets

3) Close Grip Pushdowns: 4 sets of 10 reps using the same weight

40x10, 45x10, 60x10, 3 sets (just finding my weight)

4) Front Plate Raise: 3 sets of 20 reps using the same weight

25 pound plate 3x20

5) Dumbbell Cleans: 3 sets 10 reps using the same weight
(These are called cleans, so you think that you'd be moving big weight, but they are more of an external rotation, see this Joe DeFranco video for how to perform them - looks like he is only doing 25 lbs)

12x10, 3 sets - These felt great, about the most therapeutic exercise I have ever done/felt. And the burn was incredible.

Took my bike out (not the stationary one) for some sprints up a hill near my house.

5 sprints (lasting about 40 seconds) followed by light biking for 2 minutes before starting the next sprint.
stretching

Last edited by Commander; 04-24-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength