Commanding My Body - Page 27 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Awesome PR, makes me want to squat. Also those paintings were great, your wife is extremely talented.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Awesome PR, makes me want to squat. Also those paintings were great, your wife is extremely talented.
Thanks bro, I really appreciate the kind words!

Saturday's workout:

Russian Volume - Pull-ups
warmup
Pull-up BW+70 x2
Pull-up BW+70 x2 PR for 2 reps

Gironda's 8x8 for Back/Chest
(template is; set of 8, rest 15-30 seconds, repeat until muscle is on fire for 8 sets, I chose to rest 30 seconds until I build up conditioning a little more)

Plated-Loaded Lat Pulldown 80x8 x8
Dips BW x 8,8,8,7,7,6,5,5
Cambered BB Row 75x8 x8
DB Flat bench 32x8 x8

Friday's Gironda's 8x8 for arms left my triceps fried but I didn't go heavy enough on the biceps. So the chest part of this workout was made tougher by the DOMS in the triceps. Great pump in my chest and back from this. Feeling the soreness moreso in my back than chest on this fine Monday morning.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Bodyweight: 197

March 22, 2009
Smolov Intense Mesocycle

Squat
120x4
170x3
200x3
235x3
270x3
300x5 belt, PR tie
300x5
300x5
300x5
300x5 No belt

I wouldn't recommend going from using a belt then not using a belt while working with the same weight. Once you have the belt on, it feels really weird to do a set after without it, but it doesn't feel weird to do the opposite. I got my last set just fine, I wanted to test my own core strength, but in the future, I will go in the reverse order.

I shouldn't have worked out. I was feeling slightly sick prior to and now I am experiencing full-blown cold symptoms. Oh well, no regrets. Today is a day off and I might take it easy with an arm day on Tuesday to give myself some time to get better from my cold.

Sidenote: the right delt pain I mentioned a few posts back is nearly gone. It is amazing what you can do with proper care. I actually 1) rested it 2) iced it 3) used some ibuprofen and 4) heated it after the first 24 hours and it really improved the healing process....duh. Maybe I will try those techniques for future injuries.

Saw this picture over at T-Nation. Just sick. I dunno if it is touched up with Photoshop, but either way, it is a young Lee Priest with AWESOME triceps! And of course, Platz lookin' like a crazy man in the background.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights

Last edited by Commander; 03-23-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:10 PM
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!

awesome squatting...and WICKED pic

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Old 03-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
awesome squatting...and WICKED pic
Thanks for checking in Andro! I am LOVING Smolov

No workout last night, full-blown cold. Luckily, Tylenol Cold masked my symptoms and let me get a restful night of sleep. Another day or so and I think I'll have this cold kicked.

My 8 yeard old participated in a spelling bee last night. Let me give you some background. Two years ago he took third place. Last year, when he was in 2nd grade, he stated, "Maybe, since I got third last year, I will get second place this year, and first place the year after that." Well, guess what, he made it to the final two spellers. For those who don't know, spelling bees get pretty cool when there are only 2 spellers left. The winner has to spell the word that the other contestant missed plus 1 additional word. Well, my son and this other boy went back and forth for about 20 words. Lots of tense moments when one boy would miss a word but the other boy failed to capitalize on the missed word. Finally, my son missed and the other boy won - 2nd place like he predicted for 2008.

Last night, the contest had 3 boys left for a very long time. It was the first grade champ (from 2 years ago), 2nd grade champ (from last year) and my son. All of a sudden, they ran out of words. These were 3rd graders working on 6th grade words and they ran out. Problem is, the first two boys had got 6th grade words and my son still hadn't had his turn that round, and he was the first boy to receive a 7th grade word. His word was orphanage, Got it! He said he knew if from church. The first grade champ missed his word, leaving it to the same two finalists from 2008...how cool....a rematch! The other boy missed symphony and my son got it and nailed one additional word to win the contest! It was so exciting and I am so proud of him because he gave it his all and had fun up on stage. My boy is a prophet, he predicted his own victory, lol!

Last edited by Commander; 03-24-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
fightbackhxc21 is the best part of waking up, is protein in your cup!
Middleweight

hope ya feel better commander.

congrats on your sons victory! I was in a couple spelling bees when i was younger. That is pretty awesome!

www.biolayne.com
http://www.scivation.com/forums/show...6536#post26536

www.c28.com
Old 03-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightbackhxc21 View Post
hope ya feel better commander.

congrats on your sons victory! I was in a couple spelling bees when i was younger. That is pretty awesome!
Thanks fightback, the cold has moved from my throat to my nasal pasages and chest. That is typical for me, a few days of hacking out phlegm and I should be good to go....sorry for the gory details.

I am very proud of my son. No workout tonight due to schedule and my cold. Immediately after work I take my son to soccer practice then when that's over I have to "put some groceries down my neck" (Burt Reynolds, Smokey and the Bandit) and head to a Cub Scout meeting.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Starting to feel better, won't be working out tonight though, one more day of rest, plus gotta watch PITT beat Xavier. However, I am a bit worried because PITT hasn't played that well thus far in the tourney.

anyone read this article from over at T-Nation?
.......mmmm, fructose

almost forgot, did another Girdona 8x8 for arms last night. the goal is hypertrophy via repeated effort and constant tension, gotta up the weight I think, my arms already adjusted from the previous 8x8 workout.

Last edited by Commander; 03-26-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:08 AM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

That's great that he won, there's no feeling comparable to watching your child grow and accomplish things. I think with my daughter I will enjoy it all the way up to her teenage years, I told my wife no one can date her unless they can choke me out. More reason to stay in shape.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:09 PM
superbilt is getting stronger than ever
Super-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Starting to feel better, won't be working out tonight though, one more day of rest, plus gotta watch PITT beat Xavier. However, I am a bit worried because PITT hasn't played that well thus far in the tourney.

anyone read this article from over at T-Nation?
.......mmmm, fructose

almost forgot, did another Girdona 8x8 for arms last night. the goal is hypertrophy via repeated effort and constant tension, gotta up the weight I think, my arms already adjusted from the previous 8x8 workout.
Pitt barely won that game they are in trouble if they keep playing like they have. I was happy they kept my bracket hopes alive. Of course Duke choked like always and Memphis lost to Missouri and messed up my bracket and most likely my chances of winning dammit! That is what I get for actually picking Duke to make the Elite 8 stupid me.
Once I stick to the program I am going to get really strong.
NO LIMITS!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironbilt727

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength