Commanding My Body - Page 191 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Looking good; got me pumped up for my upcoming cut.
Thanks....and glad I could be of assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
Two things:

1. Nice song
2. Nice Jordan jersey

Two things:

1. Thanks. Wait, which one? The 2012 video or the 2010.
2. Good eye! I was a HUGE Bulls fan from 1989 to 1998, Derrick Rose just may get me back into them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
your vascularity is SICK!!!! and you look relatively dry already! cant wait to see the final product!!!!
Thanks, been getting lots of compliments on that.

I almost question "Why even do the peak week?" Because like you said, I already look dry. I may get a small percent increase in fullness and dryness....but the torture in order to do so, let's just say it isn't fun, lol.

Yesterday was my first real depletion day. I was WOOSY at my 2nd workout, but I made it through. Then in spite of being exhausted, I had trouble falling asleep, such is peak week.

Today is day 2 of depletion.

Thanks for following along guys.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Finished up depletion, final workout was this morning.

Not gonna lie, it sucked, waking up early and training while depleted takes pure will power. I wanted to quit after 1 set of legs with the tire sled, but I knew it was just 30 more minutes of torture and I could relax (somewhat) and eat some carbs. I say relax somewhat because I will be posing with each carb meal (5 or 6 times per day) and that by itself can be pretty intense and tiring.

But I am in the home stretch at this point.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 04-18-2012, 02:12 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Finishing the race strong; congrats.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCory View Post
Finishing the race strong; congrats.
Thanks, I'm trying.

-----

First full carb load day complete and part way through my second day. Thus far, things are happening like they are supposed to.

I sucked up those carbs like crazy yesterday, normally, eating close to 600g would leave me bloated by the end of the day...but not yesterday!

I looked dry and very vascular before going to bed and I usually look my worst before bed because certain areas (leg mostly) will hold water throughout the day.

Woke up today and legs were super crisp. I am liking it.

My coworkers must think I have a drug problem. First, during the carb deplete I am in the bathroom all the time to pee, now I am in all the time to "poop" (that's code for posing in the stall). You do what you have to.

That's all for now.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Prep leading up to competition and prejudging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52_nKPXDqxw

Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

looking good, man! you look completely different w/ the tan!!! (wishing I saw a beard though!!!)

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:02 PM
HardCory is working towards a lean 200
Super Moderator

Can't wait to hear the results; oh and I absolutely hate fake tan I would use it before wrestling shows and I'd feel all sticky.
-Colossians 3:23

24-17 ABC Fight Corner
Workout Journal
http://www.twitter.com/CoryFever
Old 04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

CONTEST WRITE UP

Friday Evening

While in the hotel hallway waiting to take the polygraph, I was checking out some of the other competitors. There were some big guys. Now, I knew coming into this that I would not be the biggest guy, or even close, but it was still disheartening to see how big some of the guys were. And the hallway was dead quiet; I was thinking “What about everything I heard about camaraderie in bodybuilding?”
So I decided to break the ice because literally NO ONE was talking and there were 15 to 20 guys at this point lining the hallway waiting to take the polygraph. I start talking with several people around me, a teen competitor, a bodybuilder and a figure competitor. I am glad I broke the ice because then it seemed as if more people started talking and the atmosphere became a bit more relaxed.
Polygraph was funny; I got nervous for the stupidest questions. I took a polygraph for the State Police before during the application process and I was not as nervous as I was for this one, I have no explanation for why I was so nervous. After the polygraph I went to get my spray tan. It goes pretty smoothly, but I just HATE how I look, way too dark.
To wrap up Friday evening, I found out my father-in-law, who was the man who encouraged me to enter the competition and was going to be backstage with me all day, got called in to work by his boss. He felt really awful about it and I understood, but I was feeling pretty crappy Friday evening because I did not like my tan, I was feeling small and I lost my backstage guy.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday Morning

I woke up at 168. Now I feel even worse. At one week out I was 174 and looking great, then I was 170 after the deplete and I was hoping to be at least 172 after the load and preferably closer to 174. But I was too conservative on my load. I think I could have handled closer to 900 grams of carbs instead of 600 grams. I will write up more on the carb deplete and load after the show write up.
I contacted my best friend on Friday evening as he was planning on coming to prejudging, so I was going to give him my backstage pass since my father-in-law would not be there. Well, unfortunately, he was coming from pretty far away and that ended up falling through.
My wife told me later after the show, that I was pretty miserable on Saturday morning. I felt like I was trying to be upbeat, but apparently I was not very convincing. I kept saying, “Well, the pressure is off (because I felt so small compared to the other guys), I can just go and have fun.” I was trying to look on the bright side, but she could tell I was feeling down.
I depart and get to where the show is being held. Check in and the contestant meeting went smoothly. While in line for check in, it was much like the night previous, there was not much talking, but I changed that because I wanted to make the most of this experience, so I talked with anyone who was around me. I am glad I did because I met some nice guys.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Prejudging

Prejudging started at noon, and with how the classes were set up, I did not go on until close to 2:30 for Novice Men’s tall and then again about 3:15 for Open Men’s Tall.
I am REALLY glad I practiced posing as much as I did. The judges put us through a decent amount of quarter turns and poses. We hit them all, even the less common ones like calves, side oblique/serratus, and hamstring. Novice was 10 guys and Open was 11 (if I can remember correctly). Not huge, but no small either, they shuffled us around a good bit. There was a lot of time holding the front relaxed. When we went backstage, we were all laughing about how are our delts were burning from holding that pose so long.
During the posing, I could see some of the guys huffing and puffing and shaking pretty bad. I was not completely free of the shakes, for instance, I could feel my spiked leg quiver a bit on the side chest and tricep, but for the most part, I was pretty stable. All the practice paid off and I felt stage presence was a strong point for me. In particular, I was glad Stu recommended holding the relaxed poses for 2 minutes. I needed that practice, especially for the front relaxed. In spite of my composure, it was definitely a workout, I left the stage with a good sweat going. I had a few minutes to relax, eat a bit and then pump up a bit more before the Open Tall.
Open Tall class had some, in my opinion, really strong competitors. They had size and leanness, not the same level of leanness I had, but still great physiques. My confidence increased when a random guy in the crowd became my fan! He started when I was out for the Novice class and continued when I was out for the Open. He made comments such as:
“28, you got the best conditioning out there”
“All day 28”
“Show the glutes and hamstrings 28”
It was pretty awesome, I had two friends in the audience for the prejudging (most of my friends and family came to the night show) and they were vocal, but they did not know the sport and were just having fun. To have someone who clearly knew the sport, shouting words of encouragement was fantastic, it made me feel great.
In the video above, I mention being in the center, I think I was a bit delirious at that point, because I saw the professional video of the show (they were showing it backstage during the night show) and I was not smack in the center, but I was near the center. So after some shuffling, I spent a good portion of the final posing during the Open Tall class near the center of the pack, which had me feeling good.
Now it was time to relax, luckily the show was only 15 minutes from my father-in-laws house, so I was able to go chill out for about an hour and a half. I call my wife and let her know that prejudging went well, she was glad to hear since I was so bummed when I left the house.

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength