Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 AM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Lunch Break Session

All exercises done with a tire (tire weighs 27 lbs, not included in total)

Quad Drag - downhill 50 lb
Calve, Ham Drag - uphill 50 lb
Row - 50 lb - 20 reps
Quad Drag - downhill 50 lb
Calve, Ham Drag - uphill 50 lb
Chest Press - 35 lb - 20 reps

Repeat this 2 more times. It was nice and hot out, felt good, I was sweating like crazy and working on my tan.

I am home for lunch for roughly 40 minutes = 5 minute set up tire/weights/mini paraworkout shake, 25 minute workout, 10 minutes to put tire/weights away, shower and get out the door.
Dude, that's awesome and that is the sign of dedication as well. Limited time, but you got the job done with no excuses. You work midnight shifts, sleep little sometimes, have a family to care for and you turn out sessions like this. I don't get impressed easily nor do I think praise should be given out lightly, but you my friend deserve it. Your journal inspires me more than anyone else's on this site.

Now, I can't say that I approve of working on your tan...but we'll let it slide.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 09-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
is logging on ABC included in those 40 min
Sadly, I have time to log at work.

May I rant for a moment bigbear.......( I will assume you say "yes" )

My work doesn't give me enough work to do. I have worked here 2.5 years and in that time I have formally in writing requested additional work twice and done so verbally several times as well.

Basically, I wanted to absorb the work of the 2nd caseworker who holds a similar position as me ( I asked for the work on occasions when the 2nd caseworker was leaving, I wasn't expecting them to can the guy for me ). The long and short of it, I was told no way, they will always have 2 caseworkers for this position. I work for the government so that should tell you something.

I am terribly efficient with MS Excel, the main platform I use to do my work, and thus I have even more free time on my hands then when I first started this job because I have completely streamlined it, eliminating all sorts of duplicate work.

I am ethically obligated (due to my work regulations) not to make money at work on non-work related things. So I can't do an internet business or free lance work (not that I have many other talents, lol ). So I basically have plenty of time to post on ABC and to read things that interest me. For example, I read the entire Federalist Papers while at work.

On a positive note, I also have used the extra time to do volunteer work (no ethical issues there). For example, I update the Westmoreland County Right to Life's webpage, I work as a pseudo-trustee for my church with its Caring Pastor, and I even edited articles for ABC for awhile....speaking of which, I should let Venom know I am available again. Basically, I try to keep busy with positive things.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

Quote:
dang man, those macros look LOW, compared to what I am used to seeing!! 172 cho is like breakfast, lunch and a snack for me!
Yes, they are finally low by anyone's standards, but they are working, I'm losing fat and I feel great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Dude, that's awesome and that is the sign of dedication as well. Limited time, but you got the job done with no excuses. You work midnight shifts, sleep little sometimes, have a family to care for and you turn out sessions like this. I don't get impressed easily nor do I think praise should be given out lightly, but you my friend deserve it. Your journal inspires me more than anyone else's on this site.
Wow, what an incredibly kind thing to say, thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkoutMchne View Post
Now, I can't say that I approve of working on your tan...but we'll let it slide.
Believe me, when I finally post pictures, you will be happy I worked on my tan!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-02-2010, 02:19 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Sadly, I have time to log at work.

May I rant for a moment bigbear.......( I will assume you say "yes" )

My work doesn't give me enough work to do. I have worked here 2.5 years and in that time I have formally in writing requested additional work twice and done so verbally several times as well.

Basically, I wanted to absorb the work of the 2nd caseworker who holds a similar position as me ( I asked for the work on occasions when the 2nd caseworker was leaving, I wasn't expecting them to can the guy for me ). The long and short of it, I was told no way, they will always have 2 caseworkers for this position. I work for the government so that should tell you something.

I am terribly efficient with MS Excel, the main platform I use to do my work, and thus I have even more free time on my hands then when I first started this job because I have completely streamlined it, eliminating all sorts of duplicate work.

I am ethically obligated (due to my work regulations) not to make money at work on non-work related things. So I can't do an internet business or free lance work (not that I have many other talents, lol ). So I basically have plenty of time to post on ABC and to read things that interest me. For example, I read the entire Federalist Papers while at work.

On a positive note, I also have used the extra time to do volunteer work (no ethical issues there). For example, I update the Westmoreland County Right to Life's webpage, I work as a pseudo-trustee for my church with its Caring Pastor, and I even edited articles for ABC for awhile....speaking of which, I should let Venom know I am available again. Basically, I try to keep busy with positive things.

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

Yes, they are finally low by anyone's standards, but they are working, I'm losing fat and I feel great.

Wow, what an incredibly kind thing to say, thanks Mike!

Believe me, when I finally post pictures, you will be happy I worked on my tan!
I know how you feel man. Im in the Army (government job) and if I didnt find things to do during the day, its almost like I am getting paid to do nothing. Now, those were in my "operational army" time...now that I am temporarily in Recruiting..I have never been more busy..but I still find time to work on my degree and post on ABC during the day!

o yeah, also at work I have managed to read the constitution, Glen Becks Arguing with Idiots, and various other books.

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know how you feel man. Im in the Army (government job) and if I didnt find things to do during the day, its almost like I am getting paid to do nothing. Now, those were in my "operational army" time...now that I am temporarily in Recruiting..I have never been more busy..but I still find time to work on my degree and post on ABC during the day!

o yeah, also at work I have managed to read the constitution, Glen Becks Arguing with Idiots, and various other books.
I'm glad to know I am not the only one who has experienced this, it's nice to have someone to relate to.

I get daily e-mail updates from Rush and Glen Beck, so I spend some time staying abreast on current events. The Constitution is an excellent thing to read, and read again, and again. I am currently reading a book (at home) that dissects the Constitution line by line and talks about what the Founders meant by each clause. It is a great read.

-----

Much needed day off today, although I was feeling sluggish so I did some explosive pushups, pullups and vertical jumps (didn't take them to the point of fatigue, sort of like DE work) while my oldest was at soccer practice and my youngest was playing with a friend at the playground. I felt better afterward. Looking forward to Pull Day tomorrow.

Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Pull Day

T-Bar
135 (plus 15) 210x3 - PR

Pull up
BW (plus 10) +50x5 - tied PR

Circuit - 2 rounds until failure, no rest between exercises, resting slighty between rounds
Round 1: T-Bar 145x14, Pullup BW x 5, Low Cable Pullover 55x8
Round 2: Pullup BW x 8, T-Bar 145x8, Low Cable Pullover 55x7

Preacher Barbell Curl 50x13, 9, 9

superset with

Decline Reverse Crunch BWx16, 3 sets

Tire - only resting enough to catch my breath

Upper body exercises are done for around 20 reps, Lower body are more like 40-50 reps (each step is a rep).

Lat Pull 50, Backward drag 50, Forward drag 50, Lat Pull 50, Chest Press 35, Backward drag 50, Forward drag 50, Lat Row 60, Backward drag 50, Forward drag 50, Lat Row 60, Chest Press 35, Lat Row 60, Bicep Curl 35

Great workout. Date night with my wife, going to watch Clash of the Titans, I hope it's good.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Push Day - AM - Compound

OH Press
105 (plus 10) 155x3

Flat Bench
155 (plus 15) 245x3

Dips
BW+5 (plus 15) BW+80 x 5

Circuit - until failure, no rest between exercises, rest slighty after first round
OH Press 100x10, Flat Bench 170x7, Dip BWx8, Pushups x 10
OH Press 100x8, Flat Bench 170x5, Dip BWx9, Pushups x 8

PM Workout - Recovery and Isolation

Tire Work:
Front Raise 25, Backward Drag 50, Forward Drag 50, Front Raise 25, Lat Row 50, Front Raise 25, Backward Drag 50, Forward Drag 50, Chest Press 35, Backward Drag 50, Forward Drag 50, Chest Press 35, Backward Drag 50, Forward Drag 50, Lat Row 50, Chest Press 35

I am throwing in the leg work and back work on top of the chest and shoulder work for GPP/recovery and to hopefully help bring out some definition.

Chest isolation circuit:
Pec Deck 105x25, 1 Arm Cable Crossover 25x15, Wide DB Fly 24.5x10, Close DB Fly 24.5x9, Pushups

Shoulder isolation circuit:
4 different lat raises with a 10 lb DB, External Rotation with bands until it burned like crazy

Tricep isolation:
OH Tricep Extensions with the tire, miscellaneous tricep pump work with cables and bands

Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Sunday

Church, then took my kids to the skate park all afternoon, it was their first time and they loved it. They rode bikes, skate board and skooters. The evening was spent taking my kids around the neighborhood for a school fundraiser, uggghhh!

I squeezed in some pullups, dips, vertical jumps and DE deadlifts in a circuit for about 20 minutes as I didn't have the time/energy to do much else.

Sunday night to Monday morning - Worked a midnight shift.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Monday

Pulled off this workout coming off a midnight shift and 3.5 hours of sleep, plus I am weighing in at 175. Needless to say, I was quite happy with my 5 sets of 5 personal record.

Leg Day - Deadlift Volume

Deadlift
120, 170, 206 x 3
256, 276, 306, 326, 356, 386, 406, 426x1
446x1 - added belt
461x1 - would have liked more, but not bad considering the circumstance

Deadlift - No belt
391x5, 5 sets - Volume PR! Yes!
331x10

Leg Extension
85 (plus 10) 145x5
110x14

superset with

Deadlift
306x3, 8 sets

Short, sweet and to the point.

Rested 15 minutes, then made up another para-workout shake and did a tire circuit:

Front Raise 20-25 lbs
Lat Row 60-70 lbs
Chest Press 35 lbs
Forward Drag 60-70 lbs
Backward Drag 60-70 lbs

Repeat circuit 3 more times, virtually no rest.

Upperbody done for 20-24 reps, lowerbody 30-40 reps (steps). Tire weighs 27 lbs.

------

Diet Update:

Bodyweight average last week: 176.0
Bodyweight average this week: 175.1

No changes necessary, macros posted last week.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Lunch Break Session

Not sure if I'll have time tonight for a full session due to taking my youngest to gymnastics class, so I threw this session in a few minutes ago.

OH Press - strict
110 (plus 10) 160x3 - not a PR, but best OH pressing I have done in awhile
110x12 - very solid reps, felt good

Dips
BW+10 (plus 15) BW+85 x 5
BW+45 x 16

Very little rest after dips, moved right to....
Pushup with handles x 15, Pushups on bench x 10
Tire Chest Press 25 x 20, 2 sets

In and out in 25 minutes, decent pump, noticed some nice seperation in my upper chest before showering.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Push Day

PM Session

Tire Circuit:
Front Raise 25 lbs
Lat Row 70 lbs
Chest Press 35 lbs
Forward Drag 70 lbs
Backward Drag 70 lbs

Repeat 2 more times

Chest Isolation Circuit:
Pec Deck 110x26, 1 Arm Cable Crossover 30x15, Wide DB Fly 24.5x10, Close DB Fly 24.5x8, Pushups on bench BWx8

Tags
christian thibaudeau, hfs, smolov, starting strength