I Have the Fever... (and it's more potent than ever) - Page 35 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Quote:
the last 2 weekends i've been given the "go-ahead" to do squats. Yeah baby.
yay!!!!!!!

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea81 View Post
yay!!!!!!!
Yeah!

So after layin' off the squats for 6 months and seeing ZERO improvement in my back, I decided to go back to doing them.

The last 2 weeks I have been in no more pain than usual, and in fact some days are much better than before. I think it's a combination of the physical therapy and the squats... I think strengthening my glutes and hammies is helping.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

I love #5 on that chart, feels GOOOOOOOD. And bridges, always a good tool for the tool box.

Glad to hear you can squat again, time to bring the pain....in the legs that is...no back!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 02-08-2010, 11:59 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

I've been having back problems for about a year now. I slipped a disc in my back, which seemingly orgininated because my hips are out of alignment by 1/2 inch. My left leg is longer than my right. I was adjusted and it felt amazing, but in my typical fashion I got back into it too soon and threw it back out of whack. It was explained to me that this has now become where my body is comfortable and I need to take it easy for a few weeks....making another appointment soon. Thought I'd share my experience, I'm sure you've looked into it, though.

Thanks for posting the PT stuff. My core has gotten weak from my back injury and I need to work on building it up.

My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and I glorify God in it by walking in divine healing and divine health. - I Cor. 6:19
Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea81 View Post
I've been having back problems for about a year now. I slipped a disc in my back, which seemingly orgininated because my hips are out of alignment by 1/2 inch. My left leg is longer than my right. I was adjusted and it felt amazing, but in my typical fashion I got back into it too soon and threw it back out of whack. It was explained to me that this has now become where my body is comfortable and I need to take it easy for a few weeks....making another appointment soon. Thought I'd share my experience, I'm sure you've looked into it, though.

Thanks for posting the PT stuff. My core has gotten weak from my back injury and I need to work on building it up.
Unfortunately it's not a disc problem because those can heal (calrification: slipped discs can heal; torn discs cannot heal). My problem is inflammation/arthritis in my sacroiliac joint. My PT claims that with better strength and flexibility of the joint and the surrounding muscles, I should see a reduction in pain. I am hoping this is the case, because I've tried everything from chiropractor to cortisone shots.

The PT I am seeing right now is actually a local legend because he testifies in court cases against chiropractors lol. Kind of funny, given that I was seeing a chiropractor once a week for about a year.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:28 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Quote:
Unfortunately it's not a disc problem because those can heal (calrification: slipped discs can heal; torn discs cannot heal). My problem is inflammation/arthritis in my sacroiliac joint. My PT claims that with better strength and flexibility of the joint and the surrounding muscles, I should see a reduction in pain. I am hoping this is the case, because I've tried everything from chiropractor to cortisone shots.

The PT I am seeing right now is actually a local legend because he testifies in court cases against chiropractors lol. Kind of funny, given that I was seeing a chiropractor once a week for about a year.
Gotcha..I don't care who I see, as long as they fix it. I've never been a fan of chiropractors, but I'm open to try anything at this point.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:40 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Did you see the chiro for your back? I'm really really really leary of them, but I am at a point where something needs to be done. It's not going away and the original injury was about a year ago...

Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Hey fellow back injury people.

Thought I'd join in since I have had issues with my back in the past.

I think my injury is 100% now. I basically stopped deadlifting heavy; have not squated too heavy in a while either. And I have zero issues with any other exercises. Whearas before it was so bad, it hurt just to bend down and pick up objects!

I just don't think my back or discs are meant to lift over 500 lbs off the ground. :-( While its a great way to grow, it just is not worth the cost of injury to me, so I will focus on other ways to get big.

Anyway, sorry to hear your guys injuries are still hurting. Hope your docs can improve the situation.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
sweetpea81 is ready!
Middleweight

Quote:
Hey fellow back injury people.

Thought I'd join in since I have had issues with my back in the past.

I think my injury is 100% now. I basically stopped deadlifting heavy; have not squated too heavy in a while either. And I have zero issues with any other exercises. Whearas before it was so bad, it hurt just to bend down and pick up objects!

I just don't think my back or discs are meant to lift over 500 lbs off the ground. :-( While its a great way to grow, it just is not worth the cost of injury to me, so I will focus on other ways to get big.

Anyway, sorry to hear your guys injuries are still hurting. Hope your docs can improve the situation.
That's great news!! I can't wait to say I'm 100%. Ummm, I'm not deadlifting over 500lbs, so that won't be an issue for me, lol! The most I've ever done is 225#, which I suppose is relative to my build and me being a female. I definitely do not think I could even touch that weight right now, but someday again I will. Did you stop deadlifting and squatting completely, or just heavy? At the stage I'm in, air squats at a high rep scheme really make my back angry. I have been doing some 5x5's and those are going pretty good, but I stop at 95#.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

I stopped completely. But since I have slowly introduced them back in. But I have not gone very heavy...yet.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.