Notices

Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Werehusky is working
Rookie

4/29/09

Upper back

Warmup- none really

Workout:
one hand T-bar rows got up to 4 plates and 2 hands stopped at 6 plates. Did active recovery during sets with 10 pound dumbbells.
100 pound dumbbell decline pullovers and lots of pull-ups
one arm barbell push-press ss/ barbell pull-overs ss/ chin-ups. Between the super sets I did 2 different types of machine rows for 20 reps, nice and slow.
behind the back barbell shurgs ss/ foward leaning dumbell shurgs for 3 sets.

Doesn't sound like a lot but I did tons of sets for everything and went heavy on everything.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:44 AM
Werehusky is working
Rookie

Well I'm back from Iraq. Got tendinitis in my wrist and hairline fratures in my right tibia. My twin brother for the last 22 years commited suicide.

It's time to workout for real again.

“Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”- Romans 5:3-4
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 AM
Werehusky is working
Rookie

Warmup:
30 1 hold top and bottom pullups. One arm incline benchpressx25 each arm. One arm barbell skull crushers 10 each hand. 30 pushups, 10 reverse pushups and 10 body curls.

Cable flys 40poundsx40 bench press isolation dumbells 65x20-30, cable flys 60poundsx20 75 dumbells isolation pressx20. One arm incline press with barbellx20 each hand.
One army cable rows 130x10 each arm, then did 30 reps with two arms.
Did some pushups, pullups, reverse pushups and body curls.
dumbell rows 80x10 -> pullups and reverse pushups, 100x10 -> one arm pullups and reverse pushups, 120x5, 150x1,5 + venom rows before and after 150 pounds.
V-bar cable pressdowns 80pounds for flexing.
lots of sit-ups and hyperextension. Then some weighted sit-ups

No rest time, did impulse training and got a huge pump out of it.

Every workout this months+next month will be dedicated to my dead brother.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werehusky View Post
Well I'm back from Iraq. Got tendinitis in my wrist and hairline fratures in my right tibia. My twin brother for the last 22 years commited suicide.

It's time to workout for real again.

“Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.”- Romans 5:3-4
I am sorry to hear of your loss. That is an excellent verse of Scripture, I believe it 100%.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 09-28-2009, 02:36 PM
rogjodoin is wants to look to the miracle worker more than the miracle itself
Rookie

I am also sorry for your loss. You have a community of bro's in christ who will remember you in their prayers as I will. Keep up the great work, and thank you for your service to this great country!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:48 AM
Werehusky is working
Rookie

10/30/09

Worout: Quads, biceps/triceps

Warmup: Hyperextensions, crunches, glut-ham raises, and leg extensions.

Wokrout:
Leg extensions heavy: Used the machine that you use each leg indepentently. started out at 20 pounds on each leg, 45, 90, 115. Inbetween sets I did one-arm standing barbell pressed and some low weight curls.

Single leg extension ss/ machine leg extensions(both legs) kept the singles at 20 pounds for more of a stretch and slower motion. Went up to 200 pounds on the machine extension.

Double bicep cable curls ss/ hammer pullups: went up to 130 pounds on each arm for the double biceps curls and did one arm hammer pullups.

Crunch, and hyper extensions w/ some 1 legged squats(only used barbell)

Hammer bar tricep extensions ss/ one-arm barbell presses. only went up to 100 on the tricep extensions and 85 pounds on the one arm barbell presses. Plus I did some one-arm barbell upright rows.

close-grip pushups, tricep extensions, pullups

220 pound V-bar pulldowns

Machine tricep extensions ss/ dumbbell pullovers very close to the body. For the pullovers I had a set of 35 pound dumbells and did them until I was a little tired, probably around 30 reps. Only did 25 pounds on the cable machine to get a blood pump.

60 pound dumbbell bent-over contcentration curls ss/ hammer pullups ss/ 35 pound "full" curls. 60 pounds I kept it around 6-7 reps, 35 pounds did like 25 super fast reps.

one-arm hammer pullups with a 5 pound weight in the other had held straight out to the side. did 2 reps on each arm.

One arm barbell skull crushers ss/ one-arm barbell curls ss/ one-arm barbell preacher curls. 15 reps for each

One-arm skull crushers ss/ One-arm parallel extensions ss/ 55 pound barbbell one-arm preacher curls.x3 did some pullups

Occlusion style leg extensions(kept the weight at 80 for the whole thing).
1-arm hammer pullupsx2 for each arm.

The "full" curls I did were hammer curls and then when I was done with the bicep ROM I move the weight onto my shoulders so the tri's would get a stretch too.

Last edited by Werehusky; 10-31-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Werehusky is working
Rookie

June 22, 2010 1400

Workout: Biceps/triceps heavy, Barbell rows heavy

Warmup:Slow pullups and some cable pulldowns(100 pounds)

Started out with curls, worked myself slowly up to 200 pounds with a Hammer bar and then curled 60 pound dumbells. Also did some 30 pound ez curl 1-arm curls in the mix. Only did 1 rep @ 200

Went onto Barbell rows only got up to 275 and was pretty tired from the curls. When I did 275 I did 1 or 2 good reps and then about 5-6 crappy ones. After that I went onto the row machine and did 3 plate holds and steadly went down to 1 plate. During rest I did 20 pound laying cable rows(to chest not stomach).

Then moved onto triceps did 40 warmup reps with just the Bar(not the full barbell but the smaller one). During rest I went over to the seated calf raise and did 60 second reps. I got up to 155 on the triceps, failed at 155. Was sorta mad because I was shooting for 170 today but oh well.

Overall good strength workout, probably wont workout again till thursday or friday night. Diets been crappy so I cant workout as much. Still under 10% though.