GoGoGoJoel's Training Journal - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
gogogojoel should change his/her status!

It's tough to update these for every workout! Guess I should catch up with the times and check the interwebz more often. Haha... NOT!

Looking back I see the last workout I posted was a chest/tri/shoulder workout.. and well, here's another one! I'm going to try and update for every workout from now on just to keep tabs.

Flat Bench 3X6-10 185lbX4
Flat DB Flys 3X8
Incline Bench 3X6-10
Dips 3X10-12

Close Grip Bench 3X10
Skull Crushers 3X8-10

Upright Rows 3X10
Lateral Raises 3X10
DB Shoulder Press 3X6-10

Having a partner now is great. I failed on just about every set and I feel like some real progress is being made.

Last edited by gogogojoel; 11-09-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Tonight's leg workout was brutal... I was going to jog home like I usually do, but I could barely manage to lift my legs, so the convenience of the campus bus was appreciated.

Squat 3X6-10 205-225
Horizontal Leg Press 3X10
Straight Leg Deadlift 3X8-10 185 (Ouch. Good ouch.)

Superset! (This was killer)
Leg Extensions 3X8-10
Hamstring Curls 3X8-10

Calf Raise 3X6-10

Variety of weighted ab exercises. I'm thinking I need a real abdominal routine but I don't really know how to approach this.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 AM

Pullups 3X6-10 with 15lb. DB
Deadlift 3X10-12 205-235
Seated Row Machine 3X10
Single Arm Pullback Machine 3X10
Lat Pulldown 3X8-10 140

Chinups 3XMax
Incline Biceps DB Curl 3X8-10

Today I felt really strong. I've just started deadlifting within the past month and today when I cranked out 235 10 times I was pretty proud of myself. Not gonna lie.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:38 PM

This past week I averaged 3600cal, which is really the most I've ever eaten consistently. I haven't noticed any change in appearance, but I'm definitely feeling the benefits in the gym. Finishing workouts stronger... lifting heavier... the whole shabang. Also, I've been creatine loading for the first time, and I'm not sure how much that has to do with it. I came home from school for the weekend and forgot to bring some... woops!

I really want to start sprinting, but I don't know where to fit it in! I workout legs on Wednesday... so I was thinking I could split 7 in half and sprint on Saturday. My legs were still feeling somewhat shredded yesterday though so I opted not to. I might go today or try again next Saturday. I'm thinking 800m jog for a warm up, then straight up 50m sprints all out, with 30s rest between them, until I can't go anymore.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? And I'm assuming I should take creatine before and after, along with a PWO, just as if it was a normal day in the gym?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:42 PM

I also posted some pics from August in my profile as a reference point. Honestly since then I've only gained about 4 pounds but I feel like things are starting to come together and I'm definitely feeling stronger!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:59 AM

Today I was without a training partner so I gave dumbbell presses a try for my chest. I'm thinking I want some more volume in my triceps workouts.

BB Bench Press 3X10
Incline DB Bench Press 3X8-12
Incline DB Flys 3X10
Dips 3XFailure
Machine Incline Chest Press 4X8

Triceps Rope Pulldowns 3X8-10
Single Arm Extensions 3X10

DB Shoulder Press 3X10-12
DB Lateral Raise 3X10
Old 11-13-2008, 08:52 AM

Leg day!

Squat 4X12-8 205-225
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3X12-10 185-205
Calf Raises 4X12-10

Superset
Leg Extensions 3X12-8
Hamstring Curls 3X12-8

I feel like my leg days hurt me the most, but with less volume than my other workout days. I tried to jog home (about 2.5 miles) afterward but the lactic acid buildup was the worst I've ever felt so I ended up walking/cramping half the way home. It was weird.

I'm going to weigh myself in the morning. Pretty sure I've gained a little weight, at least.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 AM

It's been a few days since I've hit the gym mostly due to the fact that I've had 3 soccer matches in 4 days which has worn me out physically and mentally (I missed the losing penalty tonight ... )

My diet has NOT been going well! School is really taking it's toll, and I find myself at foodless for way too many hours throughout the day. It's tough to wake up early enough to make food for a 12 hour day, and I'm a really bad procrastinator, so I save all my homework for the night. Ugh.

Can't wait for Thanksgiving.

Other than that, I'm going to be making some life-changing decisions next quarter. Changing my major is at the top of the list. I'm not cut out for science, and I'm just not in to it/motivated. I'm thinking English or History as better alternatives for me. Also, I've scheduled meetings with ROTC recruiters from several different branches at my school. It's about time I finally committed to something where I am held accountable.

Looking forward to my leg workout on Wednesday!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogojoel View Post
Today I felt really strong. I've just started deadlifting within the past month and today when I cranked out 235 10 times I was pretty proud of myself. Not gonna lie.
And you should be proud, keep deadlifting and a lot of your numbers will start to go up. Deadlifts rule!

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 11-24-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
And you should be proud, keep deadlifting and a lot of your numbers will start to go up. Deadlifts rule!
Thanks for the encouragement Commander!

It's been a while since I've updated, but I've been hitting the gym. Don't you worry (whoever you are)!

Today was chest/tri/shoulder day. I don't have a partner anymore (which sucks) due to conflicting schedules, so I've been hitting the dumbbell presses. Still getting used to it, honestly, but it hurts, so that's good.

DB Bench 6X6-10
DB Flys 4X8-10
DB Incline 5X6-12
DB Shoulder Press 4X6-10
Lateral Raise Machine 3X6-10
Upright Rows 3X8-10
Triceps Pushdown 4X10-12
Skull Crushers 3X8-10
Close Grip Bench 3X10-12
Dips 1XMax Reps

My ROTC physical fitness assessment is coming up soon, and I'm not exactly WORRIED about my 2 mile run, but it's been a while since I've actually run fast. I don't want to be stuck in the walk to run group. Haha just kidding. That won't happen.