need help with my workout for my journal - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Trying2GetLean should change his/her status!
Stranger

Default need help with my workout for my journal

INTRO
Background
Weight: 210 i was huge
Weight: 160.. lost weight on atkins which left me with some excess skin.

Current
Weight: 181

WHAT I WANT
  • Low Body Fat Percentage
  • Get rid for excess skin
  • Lose the gut
  • Healthy eating habits

WHAT I GOT
  • Gym membership
  • $100 a month for grocery/supplements
  • 2 15lb dumbells
  • Free time to work out

WHAT I NEED
  • Help deciding on a diet
  • Help deciding on supplements
  • Help finding out what exercises I'm doing at the gym. Its a gym in my community w/ 8 different machines. Is there a website that tells me what equipment affects what muscles and what those exercises are called? So when I make journal entries, I am referring to the exercises correctly.
  • Help deciding on a workout plan. I've noticed on a lot of other peoples journals, they work out legs 1 day, arms the next, etc.

Starting journal as soon as my checklist for WHAT I NEED is completed. Thanks in advance for any input/help with me getting started.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Dmccollum is Should get off his lazy a** and workout

I recommend the 12 week or thirteen week programs on this site, I've had a lot of success with them. Cover your basics with Supplements i.e., protein, good multi-vitamin, fish oil. Make sure you learn to read the labels of what you're eating and educate yourself first before you make any life altering decisions, that was the key for me.

All your questions can be answered here on this site either in the forums or the pages that lie within...
Old 10-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trying2GetLean View Post
WHAT I NEED
  • Help deciding on a diet
  • Help deciding on supplements
  • Help finding out what exercises I'm doing at the gym. Its a gym in my community w/ 8 different machines. Is there a website that tells me what equipment affects what muscles and what those exercises are called? So when I make journal entries, I am referring to the exercises correctly.
  • Help deciding on a workout plan. I've noticed on a lot of other peoples journals, they work out legs 1 day, arms the next, etc.

Starting journal as soon as my checklist for WHAT I NEED is completed. Thanks in advance for any input/help with me getting started.
Why don't you post your current diet and your calculated daily maintenance calories and we can help you modify it based on your goals?
Supplements; like previous poster said, just start with a basic whey protein, mult-vitamin and if you want, fish oil (I personally like it).
Aside from this site, I think this is my favorite for soaking in knowledge about how muscles work and various exercises, check it out;
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
Pick a program from this site, or mimic someone' journal with similar goals until you become knowledgable enough to modify it. Or you can list your ideas and we can help you tweak it.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano