misterjaydubyoo's GET RIGHT GET TIGHT log - Page 53 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Wow, amazing bench PR, time for you to do another powerlifting meet (well, I know your back issues, at least a bench press meet).

Good pictures, like you said, you should post some more. The first one really shows off your arm size, great work.

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

you're huge man! great benching too!!!, definately should take more pics man, they are inspirational for your "followers"!!!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM
WorkoutMchne is Getting Stronger Everyday
Middleweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaydubyoo View Post
425# x1 PAUSED PR
That's just stupid. You're too strong, I don't know if I can talk to you anymore. I feel like I need to disappear and lift weights for about five more years before I can have a discussion with you.
Florida Atlantic University
USAPL Raw Lifter
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 PM
misterjaydubyoo should change his/her status!
Light-Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Wow, amazing bench PR, time for you to do another powerlifting meet (well, I know your back issues, at least a bench press meet).

Good pictures, like you said, you should post some more. The first one really shows off your arm size, great work.
Thanks man. As for a meet, I have pondered it b/c I am sure I could pause toward 450. I just doubt it b/c I rarely flat bench anymore b/c my tendons can't handle the weight.

I appreciate the comment on my arm size, but I think that is a major weakness of mine. They are ok, but my delts overpower them. If I can get towards 18" then I think that'd be ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear6708 View Post
you're huge man! great benching too!!!, definately should take more pics man, they are inspirational for your "followers"!!!
Thanks, but not quite huge yet man. I am definitely gonna get more pics up, wheels included, b/c I have really improved them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workoutmchne View Post
That's just stupid. You're too strong, I don't know if I can talk to you anymore. I feel like I need to disappear and lift weights for about five more years before I can have a discussion with you.
Haha God blessed me with strength. I have always been strong, as in high school I benched 280+ at a weight of 140. Before I hurt my back, after only a year of deadlifting I pulled 500 at 175ish. Its just something I suppose I should be thankful for. I really don't consider myself that strong compared to others I see on here, and in gyms.

I have had to work harder for the size to go with strength. Next goal is a 400+ front squat which I WILL achieve or die trying.

And you sir aren't fooling anybody. You are strong like bull!

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...urrent=445.mp4

Last edited by misterjaydubyoo; 10-07-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Light-Heavyweight

10/7: Upper Hypertrophy (Chest/Arms)

294.5/473.75/85.5 ---> 3842.5

DB Incline Press
60s x12x3
*3012 tempo, last set delts started getting hit so I stopped at 3 sets

Pec Dec
150# x12
165# x12
180# x8
*hold at peak 2-3 secs and squeeze....major pump

HS Flat Bench
2 plates x 20
3 plates x 8
*started to feel pull in pec tendon so stopped

Decline CGBP
135# x12
x10
x6 RP x6
x7
*3012 tempo....these absolutely destroy my triceps...the size of my arms after this set looked huge which was awesome! no way major growth is not being induced thru these

Reverse BB Curl/BB Preacher Curl/Lying Tricep Cable Extensions
45# x12/x12/40# x12
65#x12/x12/70#x12
65#x10/x10/55#x10
*very nice superset here

DB PJR + Incline Hammer Curl
50s x20 + 25s x12
70s x12 + 25s x10
70s x17 + 25s x12
*focused on keeping slow tempo and good form

Dip Machine
90# x50
*slow controlled tempo....held at peak to squeeze....did not go to failure just nice burn/pump sets....these really made the horseshoe pop

Curl Machine 21s
50# x21
70# x21
100# x21

Dips
bwt x50

*Was going to do forearms today, but when I started doing curls I noticed a sharp pain in my left hand. I had felt a little nag since Monday there but didn't think nothing of it. Apparently strained something that really hurt when gripping on pull movements. It'll be fine, just needs time to heal.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Light-Heavyweight

10/8: Off

*First time in close to 80 days I took an unscheduled off day. Mentally and physically I needed it. My knees were screaming in pain all day for some reason, pretty odd feeling. I was mentally/emotionally drained as well. I haven't felt like this in some time. Very wore down.

10/9: Back/Bi Hypertrophy

BB Rows (UH grip)
185# x10
205# x8
225# x8
*just couldn’t stay focused as I would have liked with pain from left hand…more of a nuisance than anything

Chins
Bwt x12, x8, x6

Iso Lat Row
90# x20
180# x20
270# x20
320# x12/ 270# x4/ 180# x12/ 90#x19

Iso Lat Front Pulldown
90# x12
180# x12
180# x10 /90#x12

DB Incline Lateral Raise
30s x10x2

Cable Row (Pro Lat Bar)
100# x12
160# x12
200# x12

MTS Hi Row
120# x10
160# x10

Reverse Preacher Curl (Straight Bar)
50# x12
70# x10
70# x4/50# x10

Preacher Curl (Straight Bar)
50# x12x4
*very short rest periods, nice stretch and squeeze….insane pump

Life Fitness Curl Machine
60#/60# x10 + 60# x10
90# x12, x12

*Was gonna nail forearms, but opted not to, b/c I am a little concerned that my left hand has a stress fracture. I have broken my right hand in the same spot before (metacarpal), and this one feels similar, but to a much lesser degree pain wise. When pressure is applied, pain shoots all the way through my wrist and into my forearm. After those curls, there was a weird sensation that stayed in my forearm, that mimicked a painful pump. Hopefully its just a bad strain and I can work thru it. That being said, I am happy with my progresson my bulk thus far. When conversing with the biggest dude (or best physique wise) in the gym, who I am gaining on, lol, he really thought my bodyweight was upwards of 220. It always feels good when people notice your hard work and efforts, although that is not the reason I do this. Its just a little bonus I guess.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Upper Power

280/477/78 --> 3730

Flat Bench
315# x3
335# x2 PAUSED
365# x3 PAUSED
410# x1 PAUSED
430# x1 PAUSED
450# x MISS
*last day I'll do flat for a while....my pec tendon/shoulder area really felt sore after this and was the main reason I missed 450...the weight felt light, was going up, but I felt that familiar pull/sting, and I held the weight so I took that area out of the equation and tried to lock it out with no flare...no way....too bad that area is messed up b/c if not I'd be good for 470ish....I basically almost paused 450 b/c I have to be careful on the descent and not use momentum off of chest...a highlight for me at least was 410....no spotter at all, and the weight was insanely easy

BB Row
225# x3
245# x3
265# x3
290# x2
*used straps on last set, but grip still failed....was not about to rely on straps to hold all the weight, so I stopped at 2

Military Press (smith machine)
225# x3
245# x3
275# x3
305# x1 PR

Weighted Chins
45# + bwt x3
70# + bwt x3
80# + bwtx3

Close Grip Attachment Lat Pull down
160# x3
200# x3

JM Press (smith machine)
185# x10
205# x10
225# x9

DB Seated Hammer Curl
40s x10 x2
50s x10

Old 10-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Light-Heavyweight

Haven't updated in a while but I have been at it still.

Bodyweight staying steady around 203, and cals around 3600-3800. Eating has become a chore again, and just recently my appetite is resurfacing. I always go thru these phases.

Found I can decline heavy with no pain, so that's a plus. However, the decline bench's pegs get in the way so that alters technique a little. I will post a vid soon of 405x3.

Was going for 305x3 on Front squats other day. Well my feet placement was off and I could tell after the first rep. Opted not to continue. I had told my girlfriend to tell me if they were, but by the time she decided if they were even , I had to rack the weight, lol. I'll post a vid of that too.

Not good pics but my girlfriend finds it cute to snap random photos lately. If I am being photo'd I want a full pump!! I'll get some pics of the wheels too. Not impressive by no means, but they are coming along!

Last edited by misterjaydubyoo; 10-28-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Commander is enjoying bodybuilding
Super Moderator

Good to see you back on the boards. I feel like I missed something, just in summer you were in the upper 170's right? How the heck did you bulk up to 200+ already?

James 1:16-17 ESV
Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights
With God's help...Mens sana in corpore sano
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Light-Heavyweight

I honestly think I gained quick because I played catch up, so to speak. In the summer those last few weeks I believe I actually lost muscle. When the girlfriend starts making comments at how "puny" I am looking, that's a sign! I went from 180 to 170s way tooooo quick, and started cutting calories to try to compensate for being behind. In my profile pic, I was around 186, then it seems like I cut to 176 in no time. Definitely not all fat loss there. Then that last week before vacation, I know I cut too much too fast (low 170s for vacation, depleted) When I got back from vacation, I was already at 180 just from eating, glycogen, etc.

When I started bulking, I jumped to 190 very, very quickly, as I had not touched heavy weight in awhile. A lot of that was glycogen retention, water, etc. from the new caloric intake.

I even got stretch marks in my legs. I also attribute gaining quickly to the fact I have never, never, hit my legs like I have now. I have been bulking almost 100 days now, and I think a lot is to do with muscle memory. I see it as gaining around 15 pounds, since I was pretty lean in my avatar, and cut too quickly from there. I just regained back to that point very quickly. I have also done no cardio this bulk, which has been fine until now. While I am still fairly lean, I am starting to lose definition. Time for HITT!

From here on, I will probably not gain hardly anything. That's what sucks, I'll gain/lose linearly at a nice pace, then plateau forever. Haha. In January, I am actually going to do a "mini-cut" to restart the metabolism. I am also due for a deload.

I am going to stick with the power/hyper routines, as I find them optimal for me for growth. I haven't gained too much extra strength, but I have gained a decent amount of size on this template.