DaveV "one more road to cross" - would love feedback - Page 3 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Nathan is getting his plan together for the ultimate bulkingexpedition

Default Re: DaveV \"one more road to cross\" - would love feedback

Thanks for the info, very good to keep in mind.

Cheers
Old 06-09-2008, 11:04 PM
DaveV is trying to burn up all that fat
Rookie

There will be no more lifting workouts until (if) I can join a gym. My parents are pulling a screw job again on me and I'm pretty much (!@#$%^&*) until this whole ordeal is over. I can't move my weight bench anywhere and the ceiling is so low that I can't sit on the bench and do overhead presses. I'm not gonna waste my time doing ultra light bench press and curls where I don't even get a pump, no less DOMS.

I'll have to eat real light so I don't gain any more weight.

I really wish my family weren't obese lazy ***ks. They just wanna tear me down. I'd move out if I didn't have (!@#$%^&*) Tourettes Syndrome (I move out, then evicted 3 days later). They know this and use it against me.

So I owe my dad $360 and my mom $760. So make that $1120 with is my next two disability checks. So now I won't even have money for good food, nor protein supplement.

Now would be a good time to give up if I was gonna.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Nathan is getting his plan together for the ultimate bulkingexpedition

The sky is darkest before the dawn my friend. I know things seem hard right now but between the support structure you have of your faith and your fellow lifters I believe whole heartedly that you can pull through this.

There certainly are exercises you can do without weights and with your primary goal being weight loss cardio is always cheap.

With the finance stuff, is there any way to reduce your payments for a short time? I mean like pay them 50% of your checks and keep the rest for exercise? I'm hoping that if tensions settle just a little you could try to reach a compromise?

Wishing you all the best in the meantime and try to keep us posted
Old 06-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Rookie

Yesterday

<u>Meals</u>

#1- 5oz chicken breast, 2 cup scalloped potatos

#2- 2 scoop whey shake

#3- 1 piece of lasagna, 2 pieces of garlic bread

#4- 1 piece of lasagna, 1 piece of garlic bread

cal- 1935
fat- 63 (30%)
carb- 193 (38%)
prot- 153 (32%)

Terrible day. My family needs to get it through their thick skulls that I need to eat the same things everyday. Not 1 day good and the rest of the week bad.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Rookie

<u>Meals</u>

#1- 2 cups of turkey breast on whole wheat

#2- piece of lasagna

#3- 1 scoop whey shake

#4- 1 haddock fillet, 1 cup of brown rice

#5- 1 haddock fillet

#6- 2 scoop whey shake

cal- 1929
fat- 56 (27%)
carb- 143 (28%)
prot- 213 (45%)

No training today as it's pouring rain and I also have a bad sunburn. I can't wait until I have a gym membership.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Dave I is Not Really a Bodybuilder, Just Likes Lifting Stuff . . .
Lightweight

[ QUOTE ]
I really wish my family weren't obese lazy ***ks. They just wanna tear me down. I'd move out if I didn't have (!@#$%^&amp;*) Tourettes Syndrome (I move out, then evicted 3 days later). They know this and use it against me.

So I owe my dad $360 and my mom $760. So make that $1120 with is my next two disability checks. So now I won't even have money for good food, nor protein supplement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a crappy situation. If they really want to tear you down, hopefully you can get out of that situation as soon as possible, as in moving out. I also think a gym membership when you can afford it would be great for some positive support (friendly gym clientèle who are supportive and encourage you to continue gains), to have a place where working out is convenient and associated with emotional rewards. It would also be a way to get out of the house and vent for a few hours a week in a place where you can meet people who are going to build you up and be happy to watch you succeed. You might even make some friends with similar goals who can help push you in a positive direction.

Until then, I would recommend trying to find anything that is remotely active that you would enjoy, from swimming to football to hockey to cross training to running to hiking to whatever, and just do it. Activity will help boost your metabolism, a lot of that stuff give you an excuse to get out of the house for a bit (which might be a plus), you get some endorphines from doing some exercise, and every little bit helps.

[ QUOTE ]
Now would be a good time to give up if I was gonna.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's to hoping you don't. After what you have written about going through, only good things can come from this. I know it is easy for me to say. I have a supportive wife, a family who wants me to succeed, and I have a home gym and decent food around. However, my grandparents were all about tearing down my parents, so I have seen how hard it is and I know that it sucks. It does not mean your parents don't love you, just that everybody has their quirks and issues. Just hang in there and do what is best for you. Here's wishing you the best of luck!

-Cheers