DaveV "one more road to cross" - would love feedback - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 06-08-2008, 02:41 AM
MorThanAConqeror should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: DaveV \"one more road to cross\" - would love feedback

Thats good man remember everything will work for the good for those who love God so keep up the faith and the hard work and you will do good. Glad to see God is answering my prayers
"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

"I believe in christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
"Never compare this Book with other books. This Book is from heaven. It does not contain the Word of God; it is the Word of God. It is supernatural in origin, eternal in duration and value, infinite in scope and Divine in authorship. Read it through! Pray it in! Write it down." Smith Wigglesworth
Old 06-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Nathan is getting his plan together for the ultimate bulkingexpedition

Glad to hear things are turning around for you my friend. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading all about your progress
Old 06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
DaveV is trying to burn up all that fat
Rookie

I'm happy things are looking up. Thanks for the prayers Mor. Last week I ordered Culter's dvd "Jay to Z". So maybe if I have that playing in the living room and my parents see how dedicated to the sport he is they will think better about it. Just by cleaning up my diet and not drinking beer in awhile I've shown that I've grown up and am serious about changing.

Today I did my first empty stomach morning cardio. Felt like I had a lot of energy.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Empty Stomach morning cardio? I always thought you were suppose to get a meal in (or at least a protein shake) before working out. I could of course be wrong...
Old 06-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Rookie

IFBB Pro Bob Chic told me to do it on an empty stomach to force the body to use fat stores. I've heard people say to do it either way, I guess whatever works for ya.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM

Well I'm not going to lie to ya I think one of the primary reasons I try to get a meal in first thing in the morning is because I have a hell of a time trying to get in the 6-8 meals a day AND get enough protein in. But I could see some serious benefits behind the idea of getting in that cardio first thing in the morning.

Let me know what works best for you (I've just started taking up cardio myself so it'd be interesting to note)

Keep up the good work bud you're definately on the right track
Old 06-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Rookie

I can usually always get enough protein in. I drink 2 shakes a day and when I have money for steaks and chicken breasts they have a lot of protein. I also go low carb.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Rookie

<u>Meals</u>

#1- 1 scoop whey w/ water

#2- 1 cup turkey breast on whole wheat bread, can of cola (opened it without even thinking... ****!)

#3- 1 cup turkey breast on whole wheat bread

#4- 1 italian sausage, 1 small apple

#5- 4oz chicken breast, 1.5 cups of scalloped potatos, 1/4 cup of peas

#6- 2 scoop whey w/ water

cal- 1777
fat- 43 (22%)
carb- 173 (36%)
prot- 180 (42%)

<u>Training</u>

Cardio - 20 minute bike before first meal

Cardio - 1 hour walk downtown

<u>Overall</u>

More carbs than I usually have but Sunday I usually load up on them. When weight training I always load up on carbs Sunday for my back workout on Monday.

Got sunburnt from my walk. Went around to parts of the city that I haven't been to in about 10 years.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
bigbear6708 is working hard
Heavyweight

your doing great, for what your working with i commend you on the dedication..most people would quit, keep at it and things will turn around one day! your parents might not accept the change right away, but thats the human nature...look at every part of history in america ill use the civil war as an example..you can still see parts of it going on today...in florida people are planning on flying the largest confederate flag in the world over an intersection of 2 freeways...my point here is some people just dont want to change, or accept change...but eventually your parents will see your dedication and decide to support you!

finally got camera, more vids to come!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 PM
ROBVINETIME should change his/her status!

[ QUOTE ]
Empty Stomach morning cardio? I always thought you were suppose to get a meal in (or at least a protein shake) before working out. I could of course be wrong...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nathan, doing cardio first thing in the morning followed by a meal immediately after is the best way to burn body fat. This is because your carb. stores are low after 8 hours of sleep and will cause the body to burn from it's fat stores after a shorter period of time. The efficiency of this also depends on ones VO2 Max as or their HR, depending on what method they are using.

However, ff you are weight lifting first thing in the morning, you want to replenish your body with carbs for energy before you lift. This is important for energy, and a shake is also good because your body could start breaking down muscle before the lift is even over. A good pre-workout meal could be an apple (or another fruit) and a shake with 20g whey.

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100%."
-Arnold Schwarzenegger.