ANDRO'S Journey of CAN and WILL - Page 112 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1111  
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 PM
will-work4andro's Avatar
will-work4andro will-work4andro is offline
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisteroids View Post
bro I read awhile back in your journal about [deathreps]
tried them to kick off shock week and let me tell ya
I am feeling them today will keep these around
thanks ANDRO
hey man...thanks for stopping in...i'm glad you liked them...it's a very brutal intensity technique...moving something not moving, that's true strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
Hey Andro, is the only cardio you're doing HIIT? I see you've got occluded sometimes too... You seem to be dropping weight nicely.

How often are you doing cardio?
hey man...i do cardio twice a week...on Tuesday's i do occluded cardio for 30 minutes and on Sunday i do HIIT sprints on a recumbent bike/elliptical.
__________________
TEAM NORTON
The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Reply With Quote
  #1112  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
rootb33r's Avatar
rootb33r rootb33r is offline
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
hey man...i do cardio twice a week...on Tuesday's i do occluded cardio for 30 minutes and on Sunday i do HIIT sprints on a recumbent bike/elliptical.
I hate you and your ectomorphic body.
__________________
rootb33r's Journal
Reply With Quote
  #1113  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:39 PM
will-work4andro's Avatar
will-work4andro will-work4andro is offline
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
I hate you and your ectomorphic body.
we'll see if it lasts...i think a lot of it had to do with me having a very productive offseason...doing cardio year round and doing a very long slow diet before contest prep...i wanted to start prep lean...i also slowly increased my kcals 10 weeks prior to contest prep and got my metabolism rocking...the last time i did contest prep, i did about an hour of cardio every single day...i think if you keep things together in the offseason, it helps tremendously
__________________
TEAM NORTON
The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Reply With Quote
  #1114  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
klosey's Avatar
klosey klosey is offline
klosey should change his/her status!
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Eggborough UK
Posts: 8,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will-work4andro View Post
we'll see if it lasts...i think a lot of it had to do with me having a very productive offseason...doing cardio year round and doing a very long slow diet before contest prep...i wanted to start prep lean...i also slowly increased my kcals 10 weeks prior to contest prep and got my metabolism rocking...the last time i did contest prep, i did about an hour of cardio every single day...i think if you keep things together in the offseason, it helps tremendously
i think most people use offseason as an excuse to pig out, they also see it as build as much weight as possible rather than build quality
Reply With Quote
  #1115  
Old 03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
will-work4andro's Avatar
will-work4andro will-work4andro is offline
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by klosey View Post
i think most people use offseason as an excuse to pig out, they also see it as build as much weight as possible rather than build quality
i have fallen into that trap before...never again...i had this vision that i needed to be a certain weight...which isn't true...so many people think they're going to come in ripped at a natural show at 215 or 220, when in reality 99.9% of the time...they won't. most every shredded nattie is 190 and under.
__________________
TEAM NORTON
The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Reply With Quote
  #1116  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:10 PM
rootb33r's Avatar
rootb33r rootb33r is offline
rootb33r is probably at work, daydreaming about the gym
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 2,287
Default

Yeah I hear ya... I guess I was jokingly complaining about your ectomorphism because you can do cardio twice a week and still get lean

And your ability to maintain a high-carb diet is awesome... I'm sure it keeps your energy levels up, which helps with maintaining your muscle mass.
__________________
rootb33r's Journal
Reply With Quote
  #1117  
Old 03-18-2009, 03:38 PM
will-work4andro's Avatar
will-work4andro will-work4andro is offline
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootb33r View Post
Yeah I hear ya... I guess I was jokingly complaining about your ectomorphism because you can do cardio twice a week and still get lean

And your ability to maintain a high-carb diet is awesome... I'm sure it keeps your energy levels up, which helps with maintaining your muscle mass.
thanks man...i was just trying to show that with proper planning...amazing things can happen


Never waiver, never falter- REMAIN DIEHARD


-HATEBREED-
__________________
TEAM NORTON
The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Reply With Quote
  #1118  
Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 AM
will-work4andro's Avatar
will-work4andro will-work4andro is offline
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,267
Default

115 days to get SHREDDED
195.5 upon waking
233/265/54.25

yesterday and a little bit of today i had some GI distress, so my weight may not be indicative of my true weight...but it might be...guess we'll see tomorrow...today was one of those leg days...where you just know...you just know you brought it all...the 335 on squat was the heaviest i've been in quite some time because i've been trying to mess with my form a bit...i actually almost missed the 335 because i got off balance at the bottom but was able to correct it...i willed that **** up...I WANT THIS

BB Squat-
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 2
275 x 2
315 x 1
335 x 1

RDL-
385 x 5
405 x 5
405 x 5
385 x 5
385 x 5

BB Lunges-
200 x 8
205 x 8

Abduction-
90 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Standing Calves-
120 x 12
120 x 12
120 x 12
120 x 12
120 x 12

Fahs Abdominals-
5 x 10
__________________
TEAM NORTON
The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Reply With Quote
  #1119  
Old 03-19-2009, 03:11 AM
eclipse23 eclipse23 is offline
eclipse23 is !!!!!!!!
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 413
Default

I couldn't imagine doing lunges that heavy, pure strength! Good job pushin through on the squats, the difference between how you feel when you know you could have done it but gave up compared to how you feel when you know you could have quit but kept going is what seperates the boys from the men.
Reply With Quote
  #1120  
Old 03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
will-work4andro's Avatar
will-work4andro will-work4andro is offline
will-work4andro is beastmode!!!
Professor of Pain!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse23 View Post
I couldn't imagine doing lunges that heavy, pure strength! Good job pushin through on the squats, the difference between how you feel when you know you could have done it but gave up compared to how you feel when you know you could have quit but kept going is what seperates the boys from the men.
totally agree...i woke up and the soreness confirmed yesterday was a "gettin'" it day
__________________
TEAM NORTON
The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.