Damien is back in the house - Page 2 - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Damien Voorhees should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Re: Damien is back in the house: Star Wars

Gabe,
I am no scientist so i am not sure what I could contribute. What I use that works you, the Pres and other contributers to abc have taught me. But this has given me the confidence to venture out and try variations on themse.

Right now I am doing 'instintive training'. I did about three weeks of riot bombing, SS opposing muscles with 20+ sets with < 30 seconds per set. Now I am doing fewer sets, still SS going to highrt weights. My BB curl has easily gone up 20 #'s in that brief period and double bicep cable curl up 10#'s to 80#'s for a rest pause of 40 strict reps. I have a slight bicep tendonitis and I think that's because of a muscular imbalance: I need to devote more time to front delts: side and rear have grown a lot. I use ice and aspirin for the tendonitis and it seems to alleviate the problem. Good luck all!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

I like your plan here. I might try something similar soon. I have been doing DUP where I switch heavy to light, but might go through an hypertrophy phase for a few weeks.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Lightweight

Here was an arm day:
Biceps warmup with alt DB curls 3-4 sets, then wamup with dips [I am really liking these!] 3 sets. BBc curls about 9 sets w/ olympic bar to 115 pounds @ 3 reps and dips with +25 #'s, then BB cable curls 40 reps at max at 80#'s; I was even able to get some additional reps at 90 #'s [fist time] SS with the triceps pushdown machine [i guess that's the name!] fullstack [330#'s] for 40+ reps. That was killer!

Well, that's not all! the first w/o was in the morning. In late afternoon, I did a second arm split, doing SS of Olympic curls and dips. I was actually able to do more reps at higher weight on my last bicep curl reps: 125#'s for 10 good reps!On dips I was only able to max at bodyeight [now 234#'s]. You would be surprosed what you can do with a second split on the same day! ABC nutrition advice makes it possible. And my arms are growing!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Lightweight

April 10, 2008

Chest/Back day [one split]
Split name: Riot Bombing

Hammer Iso-Lateral Row vs Pec Fly
Start: row/fly 90#/90#
Max: row/fly 320#/250#
Finish: row/fly 180#/120#

Right shoulder is a little tender. The max fly was a max weight ever!
Old 04-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Lightweight

April 11. 2008
Biceps/Triceps [one split]

Preachr curl/Dips
Start: bi/tri 60/-30
Max: bi/tri 100/bodyweight
Finish: bi/tri 70/bodyweight
Old 04-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Lightweight

April 12th:
Delts: presss [on Smith machine]/rear delt machine [one split]
Start: Smith/Rear delt 100#/60#
Max: Smith/Rear delt 160#/110#
End: Smith/Rear delt 100#/70#

Sunday: day of rest
Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Lightweight

July 14, 2008
Chest & Back
Iso-Lateral Low Row/Iso-Lateral Incline Press

Start: 90#/90#
Max: 270#/170#
End: 180#/110#

When I do the "Riot Bombing"split, that's all I will do for that bodypart, unless i decide to do a second repeat split that same day [see April 4, 2008 post]. The next time I do this split with the same bodyparts, i will change the excercises to hit the muscles from a different angle. This seems to be really working for me! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Lightweight

I noticed something weird yesterday: When I did one-arm upright cable rows, my left arm was considerably weaker. I have had 'discomfort'[pain] that I have tried to work around, but a few times I continued through the pain, which is rarely a good idea. So I stopped my workout yesterday. I have been pushing really hard since February and made grreat gains. I am going to see a sports chiropractor today who should help me through this!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Lightweight

Default Re: Damien is back in the house

I made some modifications to the "Riot Bombing: split. I also discovered a way to get the last drop out of my workout [other people have done the same, I am sure!].

For example, when I did shoulders last week, I supersetted upright rows [see Charles glass video: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glasscut1.htm ] SS with rear delt flyes, for 20 supersets. Then I did front lateral raises in a pyramid style fron 25#'s up, then back down in one exteneded drop set [with at least 6 drops]. The last weight in the drop set are , believe it or not, 10# DB's. On this last set of the drop set, I did rest-pause for 100 reps. This last reat-pause set is painfully good and gives me DOMS which seem to be hard to get with HMB [helps eliminate muscle damage]. When I do these, I feel like I have really worked out. The results are increases in my strength and size. I have been really consistant with diet and supp's. Good luck!
Old 05-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Lightweight

Default Re: Damien is back in the house

I worked out at huge Golds on Friday with every conceivable piece of equipment. This was Back/Chest day but my left shoulder has been bothering me for quite a while, more of a nag than pain. I am cautious in my exercise selection so that I cause no pain. This has actually been a blessing because I have thought of options I would have never considered.

Prior to my workout, I had watched a video on YouTube of Frank McGrath and noticed something interesting. He was doing triceps [pushdowns w/ cable and Hammer pushdowns]. On both of these exercises, he did half reps: a set of half reps for the lower portion of the exercise and a set of half reps for the upper portion of the exercise. When you think about this, it is brilliant! You can use maximal weights on the two half portions which can make you stronger! Frank did a lower portion independent of the upper portion of the exercise.

On Friday, I chose Hammer wide iso-lateral for chest and Cybex Eagle for back. I have been creative using the Riot bombing for the past 6-weeks and can’t believe the results! Basically, I will do 2-bodyparts per day, with one exercise for each, as a SS [see above]. Only a 30-second pause MAX between sets! The next time I repeat the body parts, I will generally choose different exercises.

On Friday, my max for chest was 320#’s on the 10th set out of 20. Then I had an idea: what if I was to introduce the ˝ rep into this ‘Bombing”? So, I then did the requisite number of reps with the first half rep, then added the other ˝ reps for the same # of reps immediately after [so 8 reps became 16 and 15 reps, 30]. I did this for both back and chest. I finished with doing a 100-rep rest pause for chest with a pec deck, and pulldowns for back. I had DOMS within 6-hours for chest! but the soreness quickly diminished I think because I am using HMB. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]