Damien is back in the house - ABCbodybuilding

Go Back   ABCbodybuilding > Iron, Metal, & Steel!! > Online Training Journal

Notices

Old 03-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Damien Voorhees should change his/her status!
Lightweight

Default Damien is back in the house

I havenít posted for a while but Iíve been browsing pretty regularly. I Had been doing the 24-workout mass blitz, which I find to be a great workout and a change from other splits. I modified it a bit to make it more intense. I had a couple of breaks during the timeframe and [like a minor surgery] and just started it over. My goal was to cut during a bulk [!?!?]. Unfortunately, I have little time for cardio.

Since my workouts are shorter than usual, I do mixed sets; I think Venom calls them non-block sets. That is, I will do several sets, letís say, of biceps. Instead of completing all of the biceps exercises together, I will jump to my other body part for the day, perhaps back. This has several benefits. The one that I benefit from is I shorten my rest time, which allows each body part its own rest, but allows me to get more sets in during a relatively brief workout. It also is more aerobic.

I take a full complement of supplements, similar to Venomís. Lat year I received a prize of Champion Met-Max for my participation in the Hyperplasia Challenge. I didnít use any of the Met Max until 2-months ago, as a pre-workout meal, like a pre-workout PWO shake. Since then I have lost 10.8 pounds body fat and gained 9.8 pounds lean mass. I have been busting my hump working out, and occasionally doing double splits [2 workouts per day: both not long]. I didnít want to waste the Met-Max unless I put out 110% for my workouts, diets and other supplements. My strength has increased amazingly.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Lightweight

Default Re: Damien is back in the house: Riot Bombing

My workouts are going great, with strength and lbm gains, but for some reason, I haven't gotten DOMS [delayed onset muscle soreness], so I have decided to do a taper, but in the reverse direction. I have decided to step it up, not down and do http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/riotbombing.php which is the link for "Riot Bombing Explained".

What I did today was back and chest, like this:

Each set is a superset, and for today I used Hammer Wide Chest press alternating with Hammer Lat pull, with 30 seconds between Sets [one set is lat/chest with no pause between]. My weights started at 180#/230#, back/chest, respectively, maxed at 230#/280# [4 rep range], finished with 180#/230. Wow!

Set One: 10 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Two: 9 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Three: 8 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Four: 7 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Five: 6 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Six: 5 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Seven: 4 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Eight: 5 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Nine: 6 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Ten: 8 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Eleven: 10 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Twelve: 10 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Thirteen: 11 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Fourteen: 12 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Fifteen: 13 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Sixteen: 14 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Seventeen: 15 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest:
Set Eighteen: 14 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Nineteen: 13 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Set Twenty: 12 reps a piece
- 30 seconds rest
Old 03-26-2008, 01:58 AM
Venom is training, researching, or talking on ABC
Vice President Abcbodybuilding.com

Hey, Champ! Great to see you back on here again. How you doing?
Co-Editor. of JHR

Venom@abcbodybuilding.com
Bible Studies
Click Here to Support the Future of Bodybuilding!

Matthew 7:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Lightweight

Gabe,
Great to hear from you! Things are going well, God is good... all the time! And I am blessed with a great family! Work is challenging in this economy. Oh well!

My work outs are great. I have a few minor tendon soreness but i have learned to work around them. Today I did a crazy workout at 5:30AM with the "Riot Bombing Explained".

I ran the sets like this: Hammer smith machine [start 135#, max 155#, end 105#]+ Rear delt machine [start 90#, max 135#, end 80#]+ Hammer traps [start 90# max 180#, end 90#]. That was intense and I couldn't even finish! I got 3/4 done and I knew when to say enough. These were triple super sets with <30 second pauses run down the Riot Bombing list.

This is my inverse taper to hit paired body parts.Quite a shock!

I hope all is well with you! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2008, 04:27 AM

That sounds very cool. Your workouts are always inspiring.

Yeah, things are going well for me. Still getting used to the life here at champaign, IL - started my doctor program this fall. Getting more and more comfortable. Still making adjustments; especially with optimize my training program around school.
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Lightweight

Default Re: Damien is back in the house: Star Wars

Gabe, Life is about balance! In fact, the fam and I went to Philly today [the boys are on Easter breack] and we saw the Star Wars exhibit at the Franklin Institute. Cool! Needless to say, today I took a break from the workouts. Yesterday almost done me in! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Lightweight

On 3/28 I did "Riot Bombing Explained" for bis/tris, with BB curls [regular powerlifting bar] supersetted with dip machine [Hammer].

I did strict curls and elevated my elbos at the end of the curl and held the position momentarly. Starting weights [which sound light, but as Arnols would say, "You've got to make it sound like a thousand pounds."] were 65# BBcurl/bodyweight -50#'s dips; high point curls 85#'s/ dips bodywieigh [232#'s], end, curls 85 #'s/ dips bodyweight -20 #'s.

I worked Sat/ Sunday [still went to Chruch!]
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Lightweight

In the early morning on April 1st, I didnít want to Ďfoolí around with my scrawny biceps, so I continued my "Riot Bombing ExplainedĒ workout,[see my first post above] doing preacher biceps curls supersetted with dips. I used a machine for dips that can lighten my bodyweight [230] when I start to fatigue. Each set in this work our is a superset of curls immediately followed by dips, with 30 seconds between supersets. My time between SSís was probably less than 30 seconds, but, with 20+ supersets, it took almost 40-minutes! Here are the weights: [start] curls 70#ís/dips BW [bodyweight] -40#ís; [Max] curls 100#ís/dips BW+25#ís; [End] curls 50#ís/dips BW-40#ís.

Here is where it gets crazy. In late afternoon, I did a double split for arms and did BB curls for 100 reps followed by dips for 100 reps. If you have never done a double split, [in this case, doing the same bodypart twice in one day] it takes riot bombing to a whole new level!
DOMS away! [img]/forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Lightweight

Yesterday I did Riot Bombing for shoulders, specificcally the Hammer IsoLateral shoulder press ss with Hammer shrugs. This was 20-sets of supersets with 30-seconds or less between sets.
Weights start: press-90#'s, shrug 90 #'s
Weights peak: press-210#'s, shrug 140#'s
Weights end: press 110#'s, shrug 90 #'s

plus some front lat raises and pully stuff
Old 04-04-2008, 02:02 AM

Your workouts are crazy, Damien! I guarantee you could design a mean workout program. Love to have it in JHR one day!
Co-Editor. of JHR

Bible Studies